Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jekyll
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2006, 6:33 pm

I've been wearing glasses since 6th grade. I hated them when I first got them because all of my classmates made fun of them, even the ones with glasses, so I "lost" them...But now I'm fine with glasses. Most times I wear contacts, though, because glasses hurt my ears and the bridge of my nose. I've gotten many different pairs of glasses, and the pair I have now my dad called "Ben Franklin" glasses :) I'm assuming that means they make me look intelligent, because Ben Franklin was very intelligent.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 10:17 pm

I have a new pair of Glasses. They're the same style as the last ones, but these ones have a Tortise Shell design. I think they're Groovy, Baby! :P

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 11:44 pm

I started wearing glasses when I was in the 3rd grade. I'm terribly nearsighted with a -5.25 perscription! Just recently however, I got contact lenses, which have problems in their own right, but at least give clear, borderless, scratch free eyesight!

I was made fun of for wearing glasses, and I destroyed glasses as I was out playing and doing kid type things, plus taking a bit of abuse from other kids. One of the odd phoenominons I 've noticed recently is that glasses seem to be in style these days with kids. I 've heard of a few that wear glasses even though their vision doesn't need correction just for the fasion of it. I sure as heck wish it was a fashion statement back 20 years or so ago when I was in school!! !

merll2005
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2006, 1:56 am

I have worn glases for quite awhile. I was planning on getting a pair with Transitions lenses but they need UV to darken and therefore won't work behind a car windshield. They have a UV blocker in the plastic that goes between the layers of glass to keep the interior from fading. So I think I'll try to get a pair of these http://www.heavyglare.com/catalog/model.php?brand=180&series=0&model=1206 for sunglasses and something similar with clear lenses.