14 Sep 2007, 2:31 am

A women stalking me... I wouldn't mind.

Benji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Sep 2007, 6:02 am

emergingartist54 wrote:
Benji wrote:
You know, I once saw something on TV where a man dumped his girlfriend for his stalker. His reason: it seemed like the only way to get the stalker to stop doing crazy things. Logical in a... strange, strange way. :lol:

Actually that would only encourage the stalker to keep acting crazy and she would get even stranger.

Well I think she'd done things like put bricks through his windows and stuff like that, so because she was now his girlfriend she did stop doing it.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 8:43 am

Jimbogf wrote:
A women stalking me... I wouldn't mind.

Oh yes you would, trust me. I had a woman stalker, and it was not fun.

She would wait, sometimes for hours, in her big car across the street from where I live; she would pop up at the grocery store, at a bar, in a movie theatre, at the gym, even at the place I got my hair cut. Once, she saw me go into my apartment with a date, and she called the fire department. Said there was a fire at my place. Can you imagine two huge firetrucks with deafening sirens and blinding lights in my quiet neighborhood? And the worst part was that she was by all accounts very beautiful: mid twenties, blond, green eyes, very white porcelain skin, a knockout figure and very well groomed (she had married money, serious money, her husband was 72 years old, get the picture?, so she had nothing better to do but shop, get beauty treatments, and follow me). So nobody took it seriously.

When I went to the cops to file a formal complaint and a restraining order, (and I had all these eye witnesses and reports), I showed them her picture and they exchanged glances and were like "SHE's your stalker??? Uhm, I wouldn't worry about it too much, young man." It was all for them not to burst out laughing; and I knew they'd be making lewd comments the instant I left.

This went on for months. I bartend/wait in a very high end French restaurant/bar, so she would hang out at the bar and watch me and try to flirt with me. She had a picture in her wallet of an old time movie star she had a crush on as a girl, and she would take it out and show it to whoever was sitting next to her and say "Doesn't Michel look just like him? Wouldn't we make the most beautiful couple together?". And I'd force a smile. Sometimes she'd bring a girlfriend and they'd giggle all evening and get drunk, or she'd go to the restaurant part with her husband, and request me as her waiter for the evening. Her husband was a big shot, so my boss, who's an uber-whore, had no problem asking me to wait on my stalker and her old husband, who had no clue about what was going on, and would not have believed it anyway, his ego being too big to believe his precious trophy wife would do that.

Everyone thought it was a joke, "poor Michel being stalked by a rich blond bombshell", boo-hoo. My co workers were like "Dude, she can stalk me all day and all night, he he...".

I wasn't laughing.

Things finally came to a head when she broke into my place and stole many, many pictures of me, and her husband found those pictures in her "secret" drawer, and he was furious, absolutely furious. According to his maid, he ripped up all the photos (which made me mad, since they were the only prints I had) and flew into a rage. Or as much of a rage you can fly into when you're 72 and weigh what appears to be 300 pounds.
All hell broke loose: he called my work, wanted me fired, then found out she had been buying me all this expensive stuff that I would return (well, most of it, anyway) and he grilled the staff who admitted she did indeed have an unhealthy crush on me and talked about me non-stop.

I somehow felt I was responsible for this... I was so unhappy, everything was such a mess and so surreal.

He must have had some talk with her, because it all stopped, like magic. They apparently went for a very long cruise, almost 6 months, and she was fine when she came back.

So no, no, no, no, no, it is not flattering to be stalked. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 7:38 pm

Shiiiiit Michel, that DOES sound band. I think there are different levels of stalking though....

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 1:58 pm

I'd be stunned if somebody was stalking me. I mean, I almost always go out of my way to present an image that says "leave me alone" - it's not like I'm walking around with "please follow me around, I would love the attention" tattooed on my face...

Deathklaat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2007, 11:53 am

I'd actually feel kinda honored if it were a girl and she were hot. If it were a guy, then I'd feel spooked.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 12:07 pm

I would be 60% scared, 30% honored, 10% annoyed.
Or something. :P

I'm getting more and more scared these days.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 12:25 pm

Only the that dog that done the hokey-cokey with me. I thought that he would have died by know .How long do labradors live for.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 12:57 pm

I would feel happy to have an excuse to get a taser. Then, hopefully the idiot stalker may give me the chance to use it. I've always wanted a taser since I was a little girl.

WhiteRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2007, 1:22 pm

depends on their intentions, if they were stalking me because they were afrai to confront me, for whatever reason, then i wouldn't mind, but if they were stalking me with harmful intent, then i would either report them, or attack them myself

depth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2007, 2:15 pm

I would be scared.

AspieMartian
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2007, 3:46 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I was kind of stalked by a large black man a few years back. I used to rollerskate in the local park and he was sat there, and kept staring, and my being utterly naive and really bad at being nasty or rude, agreed to sit and talk, and god, what a mistake. He started turning up there every time I skated which I hated as skating was my time to be in my own world, and he kept saying id marry him and all kinds. I think he gave up in the end as I changed my skating times, and someone had a word with him to leave me alone.

If someone had a word iwth him and he left you alone, then he was being reasonable, and likely misinterpreted your prior actions. Maybe he was a lbit overly expectant, but that's not stalking. There are a lot of lonely and desperate people in this world who don't always know how to act with social finesse and grace - in fact, I think you'll likely find a lot of people like that here. Try not to get too creeped out by them.

And BTW, I love how you felt the need to mention he was a "large black" man - what exactly do you wish us to infer from that? That because he was a large black man, he was more threatening? :? Jim Crow is dead, just in case you haven't got the news.

Anyhow, I have been stalked, and I do not find it honoring. It's scary and vey intrusive, especially when some creepy guy gets intot eh habit of knocking on your door at 2 AM after having snuck through your apartment security gate, just because he wants to "talk" with you.

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 4:06 pm

username88 wrote:
Honored until I got annoyed and then I would get scared.

Yea, I agree with that.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 5:13 pm

If I had a stalker, I'd inform the local branch of Hells Angels.

Not serious.

If I had a stalker?

Hmm.

If this was back home when I'm not at school, I'd call in support from a couple of Marine friends I have and have them convince said person to leave while the getting is good.