Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

22 Sep 2007, 2:20 pm

i rarely find myself doing this, but i do like bouncing on trampolines and thats sortof kindof like walking on tiptoes :D

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2007, 5:00 pm

I have never experienced this before.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2007, 5:32 pm

I used to do that quite often; now I only do it from time to time (up and down staircases, when wearing high heels and/or squeaky shoes (I don't like making noise; in too high of heels though, that backfires, as it makes more noise), the first few steps after standing, ect).

Interestingly enough, I have problems with my ankles as well; I'll randomly go over on them (without reason; they just give out) and sprain one. Between both, I've sprained my ankles seven times. Only one time came from not going over (horseback fall) on them.

Three years!

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Sep 2007, 6:37 pm

Strange I'm also a Toe walker.

chocstar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Sep 2007, 7:27 pm

yehhh the tip toe gait can b linked to cerebral palsy and autism. i guess its just one of those things on the autistic spectrum dat doesnt effect everyone. wen a child does this, it doesnt mean necessarily mean dere autistic. sum jus may need surgery to correct this problem or grow out of it. but it must b highly unusual for an adult to have a tip toe gait bcuz wen i google tip toe gait in adults, all i get is children with the condition.

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2007, 7:28 pm

I sometimes walk on my toes. People always noticed this.

When I was younger I use to do this a lot and it was a bit more noticable.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2007, 11:27 pm

When I was a kid of about 9 or 10, The young daughter of some down-the-street neighbors was showing some developmental difficulties as a small child. She was very slow to talk, had clumsy motor skills even for a toddler) , had started walking on her toes and would always hold her arms stiffly out at her sides (like a Cabbage Patch Kid)...
Poor little kid..her parents were sorta mean and rednecky, and because I had sorta developed a bit of a bond with her, they blamed her toe-walking on me, saying that she was mimiking me... :roll:
I wonder how she turned out as a person. Her family was just awful.

chocstar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Sep 2007, 11:53 pm

Quote:
When I was a kid of about 9 or 10, The young daughter of some down-the-street neighbors was showing some developmental difficulties as a small child. She was very slow to talk, had clumsy motor skills even for a toddler) , had started walking on her toes and would always hold her arms stiffly out at her sides (like a Cabbage Patch Kid)...
Poor little kid..her parents were sorta mean and rednecky, and because I had sorta developed a bit of a bond with her, they blamed her toe-walking on me, saying that she was mimiking me...
I wonder how she turned out as a person. Her family was just awful.

thats sad

ArcAngel06
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2007, 2:26 am

I am a toe walker but I have managed to disguise this with ingenuity by always wearing high heels :lol:

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 2:27 am

I do it walking up the stairs and outside, and sometimes just at random times.

kuiamalynne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Sep 2007, 8:25 am

ArcAngel06 wrote:
I am a toe walker but I have managed to disguise this with ingenuity by always wearing high heels :lol:

Nice! :)

Are you good at maintaining balance? I always fall down and trip over myself in high heels, haha.

wishiknew
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Sep 2007, 9:08 am

I tend to walk on my toes but I started walking this way because I want to keep my feet clean whenever I walk barefooted. I realised that if I lift my heels from the ground I'd be able to keep the bulk of my feet clean. lol. It's strange really, how I'd take the trouble to walk abnormally for the sake of cleanliness. It's become of habit of mine to tiptoe now. I don't know if AS has anything to do with it because it never occurred to me that way.

Desolation_boi
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2007, 5:08 pm

I was a big toe-walker as a child, to the point where there was a joke in my family about how I was destined to be a ballerina (ha! hardly..). I would do it constantly and eventually my parents became worried. They and other adults in my family chastised me often and eventually I stopped doing it as often and around them. They seemed to find it embarrassing and that it would damage my legs/feet.

Now, I do it about 30-40% the time especially when not paying attention or when stressed. I even seem to have a permanent "bounce" in my step in which my feet automatically force weight to the balls of my feet, even when I step down flat-footed. People comment, "did you know you walk on your toes?"

I also walk on my toes going up and down stairs for better balance.

Was is it about stairs?

chocstar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Sep 2007, 7:10 pm

Quote:
I tend to walk on my toes but I started walking this way because I want to keep my feet clean whenever I walk barefooted. I realised that if I lift my heels from the ground I'd be able to keep the bulk of my feet clean. lol. It's strange really, how I'd take the trouble to walk abnormally for the sake of cleanliness. It's become of habit of mine to tiptoe now. I don't know if AS has anything to do with it because it never occurred to me that way

yehhhh dats the same wit me. dats also one of da factors as to why i keep doin it. i do it alot wen i'm barefoot. i can only stay flat foot wen i'm taking a long walk to the store or sumthin.

its real easy to disguise it wen ur wearin long pants an shoes. u appear taller den u really are

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 1:11 am

It has become increasingly difficult for me to walk flat footed when I am barefoot. I HAVE to wear shoes now or else I will just hobble around on my tip toes.
I need to start walking for exercise again so my achilles tendons become more limber

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Sep 2007, 1:13 am

I like walking on my tip toes. It's fun! Out of curiousity, did anyone else as a child find yourself in the store stepping on tiles in the floor with two colors but you chose to step on only one color of the tile? For example black and white tile. You chose to step only on the white or black tile?