Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2007, 9:45 am

I share a similar predicament, but not so severe: -

I'm often thinking that, if I get into a relationship with girl I like, it will eventually fail and then... what? lol
I also get to thinking that her cheating is something possible but this is most likely paranoid delusion...
I also have funny pride in me... I find it hard to trust girls... I often feel bitter.

I often get caught up in the 'dog eat dog' thing and I'm thinking that because of my aspergers I have a heap of pressure on my shoulders and I got one epic task to achieve...

I need a psychological booster I think... 8O

I feel for you buddy... sounds like a beast of a thing to go through. If you wanna talk about anything at all, pm me dude. *thumbsup*

David1981
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Oct 2007, 3:10 am

samtoo wrote:
I share a similar predicament, but not so severe: -

I'm often thinking that, if I get into a relationship with girl I like, it will eventually fail and then... what? lol
I also get to thinking that her cheating is something possible but this is most likely paranoid delusion...
I also have funny pride in me... I find it hard to trust girls... I often feel bitter.

I often get caught up in the 'dog eat dog' thing and I'm thinking that because of my aspergers I have a heap of pressure on my shoulders and I got one epic task to achieve...

I need a psychological booster I think... 8O

I feel for you buddy... sounds like a beast of a thing to go through. If you wanna talk about anything at all, pm me dude. *thumbsup*

What you posted is 99% in concert with my own thoughts and feelings. It is a bit reassuring to know someone in a similar predicament is in the same category as myself.

CeriseLy
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2007, 2:50 pm

If you meet someone that you are thoroughly crazy about, you won't care about the possibility that they will cheat so I would first ask is this person enjoyable to me not whether this person is "worth" the risk. I put up with a lot of people who inexplicably indicated that they liked me but I wasn't gaga. Maybe you will meet someone you will be gaga over and even if you see through them, the risk would still be worth it like OF HUMAN BONDAGE by Somerset Maugham. You ARE an aspie, aren't you? So "how deep is your love?" Let's see it!

Pretend that you are Alexander the Great and stooping to conquer is not beneath you.

David1981
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2007, 5:22 am

CeriseLy wrote:
If you meet someone that you are thoroughly crazy about, you won't care about the possibility that they will cheat so I would first ask is this person enjoyable to me not whether this person is "worth" the risk. I put up with a lot of people who inexplicably indicated that they liked me but I wasn't gaga. Maybe you will meet someone you will be gaga over and even if you see through them, the risk would still be worth it like OF HUMAN BONDAGE by Somerset Maugham. You ARE an aspie, aren't you? So "how deep is your love?" Let's see it!

Pretend that you are Alexander the Great and stooping to conquer is not beneath you.

Hi! I like the pun in your username. Cerise is French for cherry. :)

Anyways, I understand your point but there is a rift between theory and practice...

Stupidcat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2007, 3:08 pm

If you've gotten to the point where you want to date good for you. Go for it. I haven't even gotten to the point where I want to make friends. Just remember that every risk does involve some form of pain, emotional or otherwise.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 3:18 pm

I have been in two relationships, and the first one resulted in intense emotional pain (she cheated on me). My second relationship didn't cause any emotional pain, but it didn't work out because she and I were exact opposites. I am still very good friends with my last girlfriend.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!