Have you ever had an interest in serial killers?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Have you ever had an interest in serial killers?
Yes 84%  84%  [ 26 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 31

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 5:58 am

I have. I am interested in the human mind, both its normal workings and its "dark side". At one point in my life, I was tempted to go out and start killing people. If I'd had access to a gun in high school, there may have been problems. I'm less insane now, but if someone was threatening my life or my sanity and I couldn't remove myself from their influence, I'd have no hesitation about killing them.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 6:33 am

Awkward wrote:
Yog-Sothoth wrote:
Is it odd that justifying horrific crimes is therapeutic for me?

I don't think it's odd at all since I do it too. I make up scenarios like that sometimes and it's very therapeutic for me too.

Ok cool, I'm not the only one. I guess thinking it doesn't mean you are dangerous, acting it out does.
Coyote27 wrote:
I don't know about you, Yog, but I'm not afraid of people thinking that I'm a bit demented. :D
Besides, what are we supposed to expect from someone who takes the name of an Elder God?

Yog-Sothoth is an Outer God.
But anyway, I'm not afraid of people thinking I am demented, I'm afraid of people thinking I am dangerous. There is a lot more to Dracul and his crimes and there is a lot more to me. Sometimes I am so creative that I scare myself.

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 6:49 am

I am very interested in this. The interesting and scary about it is that most killers were once normal people who however got off the right track somehow, it shows how fragile the human psyche can be and how little we need to stray from the "right path". If you for example look at Charles Manson : he had the most terrible youth and somehow lost touch with reality, he really believed that him and Satan and The Beatles were chosen to save the world from a racial war, he really believed a killing spree was the right thing to do for humanity. The psyche of a killer is always very interesting to read about, even though it can be quite scary to see how little we need to get off the right track.

A few interesting sites:
www.charliemanson.com
www.crimelibrary.org
www.carpenoctem.tv

PS: I am a campaigner against death penalty so there you have another reason why I read a lot about subjects like crime and justice.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

TruthfulTrout
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2007, 8:29 am

I'll admit that I've dabbled in the subject. I've always found it fascinating to find out what makes people tick, be they heroes or villains.