Date outside your race/ethnicity?

Page 6 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Would you date, or have you dated outside your race/ethnicity?
Absolutely not 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Absolutely not 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Unlikely 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Unlikely 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Can't say for sure 6%  6%  [ 11 ]
Can't say for sure 6%  6%  [ 11 ]
Only if no one else liked me 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Only if no one else liked me 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Good chance 9%  9%  [ 15 ]
Good chance 9%  9%  [ 15 ]
Of course 28%  28%  [ 48 ]
Of course 28%  28%  [ 48 ]
Total votes : 170

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 6:39 pm

Serissa wrote:
I think I'd go for a Vulcan depending on their level of emotional control (less would actually be better)

Ever considered a werewolf? Or maybe a vampire, White Wolf style?

Personally, I'd have to go for a wraith. There's something highly sexy about two souls fighting for habitation of the same body...

:lol:

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2005, 6:45 pm

pyraxis wrote:
Serissa wrote:
I think I'd go for a Vulcan depending on their level of emotional control (less would actually be better)

Ever considered a werewolf? Or maybe a vampire, White Wolf style?

Personally, I'd have to go for a wraith. There's something highly sexy about two souls fighting for habitation of the same body...

:lol:

Hmm... well, if I were dating a werewolf, it would give them an advantage over me. I mean, think about it! A GUY would be able to say to ME, "I'm sorry, it's just that time of the month."

And dating a vampire might kind of suck. I mean, I'd be afraid to go out in public with him unless it was so dark nobody could see us! Wait, does that reflect badly on me?

And a wraith? I actually am one according to my mom. ((She claims I did this astral projection thing a couple of weeks ago; apparently my child self is her spirit guide. Long story, but kind of apporpriate to mention here.))

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2005, 3:43 am

I never understood what's so sexy about vampires anyway. I mean, seriously, it would be necrophilia. And wraiths are spirits, so that sort of defeats the whole idea...

But would sex with a centaur be open-mindedness or bestiality :?:

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2005, 10:09 pm

mmmmmm...asians

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2005, 2:11 am

Quote:
Well, I changed my tastes in men when I got into the civil rights/ Asian American activist movement. I used to like Black and Latino guys more than Asian guys (because I grew up in a Black neighborhood with BET, etc), now I would only date an Asian guy (although I'm not racist) because I'm in the activist movement. I'm starting to find non-Asian guys less and less romantically attractive, not that I'm saying other ethnicities are not good looking, but I'm getting more into my culture. A LOT of things can control who a person is attracted to. For example, the Japanese used to think white folks were butt ugly. In the 1700s, they described Dutchmen as looking like dogs. Now, Europeans and biracial people are all over Japanese TV due to the pseudo-colonialist exportation of white cultural norms. Before British colonialism, the standard of beauty in India was chubbier women with long black hair and other ethnic features. Nowadays, you see Bollywood actresses with really light skin, blue contacts, and bleached hair. And tell me why the standard of beauty in Black America is represented by the biracial, light skinned Halle Berry or Tyra Banks while the standard of beauty among folks in Africa includes dark skin and ethnic hair. Read the part in 'A Raisin in the Sun' where the Nigerian fellow (forgot his name) asked Beneatha why she straightened her hair.

These are the consequences of having a smaller world with fewer boundries. You are a consequence of having a smaller world with fewer boundries. 50 years ago America was mostly white, with blacks concentrated in the south and very few asians on the coast. Now the whole ethnic make-up of America is changing because of it. 'Colonial exportation' swings both ways. We get just as many influences from other countries as they get from us. I say 'conseuqnce' as not being a bad thing, btw. Its a good thing, the more 'mixed' and tight-woven countries and cultures become, the less likely they will go to war with one another.

BTW, my sister dated an asian and black guy. Being an aspie myself, I have have only dated in junior high. But it didnt bother me that my sister found someone outside her race. Why does it bother you?