Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 8:17 am

Do any of you know about what happened or what you were like when you were born?

I was born after a 2 hour labour, 2 weeks early, and I weighed 5.7lb. My Dad was really pessimistic about the pregnancy, but the minute I was born, he was overjoyed.

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Oct 2007, 8:33 am

I was born after five days of labor at a military hospital. Somewhere around normal weight, but deep purple and yellow. Turns out I had too many red blood cells and it was too thick to pump right, I had to get it thinned, my mom went for a hamburger while I was in the emergency room >< ((Thanks mom, I love you too!)) I wont get mad at her for not wanting to hold me afterwords though, I was a mess and she was afraid of hurting me. ((If the IV moved I could have died, so she declined that offer))

My pregnancy is going well, but the doctor mentioned inducing labor 0_0 scary prospect there...

pixie-bell
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2007, 11:23 am

I was born at 26 weeks and weighed 900 grams...and looked like an alien!

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 11:45 am

I was born by c-section, but it was not an easy procedure, the birth sac that I was in broke, so It came to a point that either mom die and I live, or vice-versa, (The law here states that mom would have to live)

Anyway they where able to save us both, so I turned out to be a miracle baby. I had lots of hair that stuck out everywhere and I was 9 pounds.

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Oct 2007, 12:08 pm

I was born in a shack by a lake, delivered by a midwife. I was a big baby at 11 pounds.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 12:14 pm

My mother wanted a child; she was getting old; she was 29. My dad promised to visit her every day in the hospital but didn't. She felt let down. I was born during a snowstorm, there was a picture of me and my mother in the hospital with another woman and her baby boy Jonathan who was born on the same day.

My details are in the other thread about "When, where and how were you born?"

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 4:12 pm

Ana54 wrote:
My mother wanted a child; she was getting old; she was 29.

My mom was in her mid-thirties when she had me, and the other day at the park I met an older couple (gray hair even!) with a 15 month old daughter.

Anyway, I don't know a lot about when I was born because I never thought to ask my mom, although I must say this topic is quite interesting.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 4:37 pm

My birth was noted down at 2.49pm and my mom claimed that I was desperately trying to see the world and that it all went well and quick. I was born after 39 weeks, weighed exactly 2800 grams or 6 pounds and was about 48 centimetre or 18 inches.

That's all I know.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 7:14 am

My Mum read all the books about pregnancy and child care, and she quit her job and devoted her life to me. I feel like a burden now, because I'm 18 and she's still devoting her life to me! :lol: