Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

26 Oct 2007, 6:08 pm

Hello,

Last weekend we went to a Takwondo training camp.

We joined taekwondo after reading Squier's book (that Inventor kindly sent us). Squier recommended martial arts for kids with Asperger's. My 9 and 7 year old sons have Asperger's.

This is the boys beating up their poor mother! :lol:

Approximately 80 people trained each day on the beach.

We had training sessions Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Boy was I sore after the weekend!

We had so much fun. The Saturday morning training was standard Taekwondo training. But Saturday afternoon was novelty activities.

We had cartwheel races, commando crawling races, somersault races, wheelbarrow races and build human pyramids.

They made us spa/fight in the water + do sit-ups and push-ups in the water (in our taekwondo outfit). We were all soaked but it was so much fun!

I was so proud of my 9 year old, AussieBoy/Jimmy. He trained with 100% effort and focus all 3 sessions. A lot of people were too exhausted to trained all 3 sessions, but Jimmy did!

Helen

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 7:22 pm

Great pics Smel :)

Definitely recommend martial arts. I wish I had start as a kid. But still it has helped me with trapped anger and confidence.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 1:38 am

Nice pictures. :) It sounds like you and your boys had a good day.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

27 Oct 2007, 4:14 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Great pics Smel :)

Definitely recommend martial arts. I wish I had start as a kid. But still it has helped me with trapped anger and confidence.

What style of martial arts do you do? How long have you been learning it?

I love the whole culture of our club - the higher belts are there to help/teach other belts.

Helen

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 5:50 am

I cannot recognize the beach.

I've always participated in some form of martial art my whole life (Karate, Tong Long; Iaido, Kenjutsu); it helped. There wasn't much socialization either (none in my case).

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 9:35 am

Smelena wrote:
What style of martial arts do you do? How long have you been learning it?

I love the whole culture of our club - the higher belts are there to help/teach other belts.

Helen

I do Wing Chun. I have done it for a year and 10 months. We use sashes instead of belts but it is very like that. It is on at various locations and because I usually go to the one where there are a lot of advanced students, I get excellent coaching from them.

One guy who joined at the same time as me also did taekwondo and judo before. Unfortunately he gave me and some others an infection of folliculitis. Ah well, stuff happens. :lol:

I probably should txt him because he was of banned from coming back until he could get a doctors note saying he is clear. I haven't seen him in weeks. it is probably takes much longer to clear up because he has really bad exma anyway.

I'm not sure but I think I may get a Hepatitis B vaccine, because you can get that from contact even if you haven't got a cut yourself.