Brilliant, Rachel. Just. Effing. Brilliant.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 6:15 am

I made a cup of tea
Came to the computer
An hour later,
my dad reminds me that it's there
for a moment I have no idea what he's talking about.
I do this sort of thing all the time,
if I couldn't laugh at myself I'd have to cry.
It's good to have a constant source of amusement, though.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 6:46 am

I always do this too. The tea can be left a various stage of preparation or complete.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 6:53 am

I don't do this with tea, though my mum tends to.

On sabbatical...

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 6:57 am

Btw you mentioned executive dysfunction. I've been looking for folk with really bad executive on here for ages.

I may take drugs like aricept soon.

I'm already at the highest possible dose for my weight on Strattera and at the moment. So far I've not seen nearly enough difference. It is unlikely to help working memory or most of executive.

I was wondering if you have been more fruitful. Have you had anything like fMRI or EEG?

Do you have problems with visualisation or long term memory? I literally can't see any images inside my head except in dreams. My memory fades away. I can't remember anything before 7-8 years old.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Oct 2007, 7:26 am

sometimes when i get coffee i put the coffee pot in the refrigerator instead of putting it back onto the coffee machine

Last edited by richardbenson on 27 Oct 2007, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 7:34 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Btw you mentioned executive dysfunction. I've been looking for folk with really bad executive on here for ages.

I'm already at the highest possible dose for my weight on Strattera and at the moment. So far I've not seen nearly enough difference. It is unlikely to help working memory or most of executive.

I was wondering if you have been more fruitful. Have you had anything like fMRI or EEG?

Do you have problems with visualisation or long term memory? I literally can't see any images inside my head except in dreams. My memory fades away. I can't remember anything before 7-8 years old.

I've never been on Strattera.

I've never had anything like fMRI or EEG, I think it would be interesting to.

My visualisation skills are above average, and my long-term memory is pretty good.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 8:44 am

Ah well it could be worse :D

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 11:47 am

I always leave drinks out and forget they're there.

beautifulspam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2007, 11:49 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I knew that sounded familliar so i googled it. It's that new alzheimer's drug isn't it? Is it indicated for people suffering from generalized executive function problems?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 11:52 am

beautifulspam wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I knew that sounded familliar so i googled it. It's that new alzheimer's drug isn't it? Is it indicated for people suffering from generalized executive function problems?

I has been use in bad cases yes. It is quite a new application.

beautifulspam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2007, 11:57 am

Quote:

Even when there is no other intellectual impairment (ie when the patient has a high iq)?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 12:25 pm

beautifulspam wrote:
Quote:

Even when there is no other intellectual impairment (ie when the patient has a high iq)?

It would affect your IQ naturally, because any deficiency affects your IQ. If you have very little 'working memory' and executive that is an impairment. It affects almost everything you do and pulls on your other resources. I’m not saying I’m ret*d because my IQ is above the average, but even that is misleading. I give off a misleading impression because my verbal IQ is much, much higher. That is the bane of my life. The IQ test is not a sufficient measure of ‘function’ it is a very crude device for that.

My lack of long term memory is the likely explanation of having to deal with the consequences of cognitive dysfunction. There are various theories related to this. You understand how a memory device such as a hard drive has a file system / format, a way of organising and retrieving data systematically? Well it is fair to say I don’t have this or at least it is corrupted and also not having a virtual sketch pad to work things out on pulls on physical memory. I loose the thread literally. These are general analogies. I’m not saying my brain is anything like a normal computer.

I would expect the 'aspies' that would benefit form Aricept are in the minority.

Aricept should benefit ASD in general. Hopefully.