Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 7:42 pm

I wonder if there has ever been a stand-up comedian with AS. We seem to have good senses of humor, IF anyone has a clue about our internal references! Maybe a comic with AS would be a good writer.

Hmmm

alex
Developer
Developer

12 Aug 2005, 7:44 pm

Dan aykroyd has as and he's funny...dunno about a stand up comedian but he definitely might have been one.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 7:51 pm

alex wrote:
Dan aykroyd has as and he's funny...dunno about a stand up comedian but he definitely might have been one.

Cool, I didn't know that about Aykroyd. He was on SNL back in the day. I guess that's close enough to stand-up, since it involves acting in front of an audience.

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 7:52 pm

you have a great point. I think a person with AS would make a great straight man in a comedy duo :lol:

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

alex
Developer
Developer

12 Aug 2005, 8:00 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
alex wrote:

Cool, I didn't know that about Aykroyd. He was on SNL back in the day. I guess that's close enough to stand-up, since it involves acting in front of an audience.

Yeah. Lots of SNL people were stand up comedians before they came to SNL.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 8:10 pm

alex wrote:
lowfreq50 wrote:
alex wrote:

Yeah. Lots of SNL people were stand up comedians before they came to SNL.

After doing a quick bit of reading, it turns out he was a stand-up comedian before coming to SNL. Also, he has a strong interest in paranormal topics. AND . . . he was webbed feet. A good sense of humor is a must-have if you have webbed feet!! !

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 8:38 pm

At my college there is a thing called open mic night where amateurs can go and try out routines. I have two years left at the school as an undergrad. It is on my top ten list of things I want to accomplish there to actually be an open mic night performance. I'll tell you guys if I ever do it. I probably won't. I'm a loser like that.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 9:08 pm

Serissa wrote:
At my college there is a thing called open mic night where amateurs can go and try out routines. I have two years left at the school as an undergrad. It is on my top ten list of things I want to accomplish there to actually be an open mic night performance. I'll tell you guys if I ever do it. I probably won't. I'm a loser like that.

I'd like to see that. I bet that if you avoid inside jokes about AS and psychiatry, you'd do great! :D

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 10:28 pm

Donna Williams says in her first book (I think, maybe the second) that she (well, Carol, really) did stand up for a while . . .

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 6:38 pm

Sean wrote:
Serissa wrote:

I'd like to see that. I bet that if you avoid inside jokes about AS and psychiatry, you'd do great! :D

Actually I'd have to try harder not to be tragic than any other problem. :P

andrew
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2005, 11:30 pm

andy kauffman

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 11:42 pm

Personally, I like The Blue Collar Crew, Tim Allen, and George Carlin.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 9:50 am

I like Peter Kay.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 12:41 pm

Sean wrote:
Personally, I like The Blue Collar Crew, Tim Allen, and George Carlin.

Wow, given Carlin's very strong anti-religious stance I'm surprised you like him 8O

I do like some of his stuff, but some of his routines are kinda hard to take for me. I also really like Lewis Black and um... damnit there are other ones too! I downloaded a lotta standup back in the day but I can't remember any of them right now.

EDIT: Okay, Bill Maher is great, Dennis Miller sometimes good, Chris Rock and I guess Jerry Seinfeld.