All single men who are attracted to women:

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Single heterosexual men: Would you like to one day become a husband?
Yes! 51%  51%  [ 39 ]
I'm not sure... 39%  39%  [ 30 ]
No! 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 76

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 6:55 pm

Do you want to, someday, be a husband?

This is purely research, and I'm drawing no conclusions or implications. It's a statistic that I'm trying to reap.

See, with me, am I attracted to women? The answer is an unequivocal "Yes!" But when I asked myself, "Would I someday like to be a husband?", the answer is an unequivocal "No!" I mean, I don't even have to think about it for 2 seconds -- I have NO desire to be a husband (and I've been one), and I have NO desire to have kids. I don't have to think about the kids question either -- it's just an instinctive and total apathy.

But I know that there are guys whose answer to "Are you attracted to women?" is the same as their answer to "Do you want to someday become a husband?" So I'm just curious about the numbers. Divorcees can vote too.

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Nov 2007, 7:55 pm

Some day I would like to meet a woman who I can get along with and love like a wife... but marriage itself is not appealing to me. It's just a tradition, and I don't think it's a necessary measure to validate a relationship or to prove that things are really serious. If I ever do find such a great relationship, then the last thing I would want to do would be to mess with the status quo.

On top of that, almost everyone goes into their marriage expecting it to last, yet over 60% of them fail. And divorce, by all accounts, is pretty nasty. If my relationship does fail, I don't want to have to battle my ex in court and lose a bunch of my money and property.

So would I like a long-term monogamous relationship? Yes. Marriage? No, too much trouble and risk.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 8:08 pm

Yes, I want to get married and have a stable, loving relationship.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 8:36 pm

I don't give a rats ass :roll:
about being a husband or kids or girls

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 10:42 pm

I'd like to someday. I'd like to have kids too someday.

Just don't know how I'd get there.

Ioini
Raven
Raven

07 Nov 2007, 11:45 pm

I would love to be married to a beautiful wife. That is my goal in life. Just getting there is the problem.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 11:52 pm

my goal is to have an awesome funeral
if I can't have a good life I'll have a good death

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2007, 12:05 am

I not only look forward ot one day being married I want to be a father. so that one day our brood shall terrorized,annoy and ultimately confuse the next generation of people. (laughs evilly)

Anyways on a seriuos note, the idea of having the "normal" family setup appeals to me. I find family important in my own life and as a result look forward to starting a family of my own.

Last edited by loudmouth on 08 Nov 2007, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 12:07 am

I would like to, but it's more important that it last than it exists... In other words, I would rather die single than get divorced...

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 12:08 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
I would like to, but it's more important that it last than it exists... In other words, I would rather die single than get divorced...

I can agree with that

ion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2007, 2:24 am

I would stoop as low, yes, but no kids.

quiet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2007, 3:26 am

Yes, but only if there were no children.

Bodorus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Nov 2007, 5:17 am

I cannot say NO! to this question, the way i live now, i'll live alone for the rest of my life, but if i encounter a girl that i love and she loves me, i'll probably start a relationship with her. But since no girl ever loved me, i guess the probability of meeting a girl that loves me can only decrease: less girls available in my age-range and statistically every girl i meet decreases the overall probability to meet a girl that loves me. So i'm quite sure i'll never be a husband, but i never say NO! to that question.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 8:11 am

I can't say I'm really thinking about it. I rather focus on a relationship than the idea of marriage. Not that I'm not saying I'd never do it, though I am sort uncomfortable with this so called 'institution' as it stands. I'd rather have a conscientious marriage than an institutional one. It is not a decision that I would rush into.

My cousin has a partner and kids. They made a point of not getting married especially because they disagreed with the concept of marriage in catholic Spain, and the fact the divorce proceedings drive a wedge between families and drag things out longer than necessary. They are in a committed relationship and have been for years but at the same time they are conscientious about the fact that they can't know everything.

My other cousin had a similar type relationship and had a son also. This cousin is schizophrenic, which he able to manage but still does have episodes. He and his partner broke it off for whatever reason. You can't blame or judge either of them for it. What's more they are still friends and share responsibility for the upbringing of their boy who they both love. There was no complicated proceedings.

I did joke to my friends about having Indian runner ducks at my marriage, but that more that I don't like large formal events and don't need that many human guests.

I would be wary of just trying to marry yourself off, because you think this is somehow going to offer you stability. You said you have one ex-wife and one ex-fiancée. I would give it time before you decide to marry again.

Then again a single guy desperate to have kids is probably odder.

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

08 Nov 2007, 10:55 am

I used to want to get married sometime in the future, but after a few (read: several) relationship mishaps, I'm leaning more toward no. Each relationship I was in, I invested a lot of trust and loyalty into, only to have it thrown back into my face. I know it takes a lot of work and whatnot to maintain and keep a relationship, but I wonder if it's worth it in this day in age. Too much permissiveness in matters of intimacy, how easy it is to get divorced and how it's more accepted, more tolerance toward premarital sex, and a seeming decline in various other moral values pretty much keep me from wanting to be married.

It's just easier and less stressful for me to remain single and a virgin. Less gastric ulcers for me. (:

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 5:06 pm

Would I like a wife and kids one day? Meh. The idea is losing its appeal more and more as time goes on.

In fact, I think it's more appropriate to say that I'm married to my solitude, and even flirting with the idea of trying to break my relationships duck is a waste of my damn time.