All single men who are attracted to women:

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Single heterosexual men: Would you like to one day become a husband?
Yes! 51%  51%  [ 39 ]
I'm not sure... 39%  39%  [ 30 ]
No! 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 76

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 5:06 pm

Would I like a wife and kids one day? Meh. The idea is losing its appeal more and more as time goes on.

In fact, I think it's more appropriate to say that I'm married to my solitude, and even flirting with the idea of trying to break my relationships duck is a waste of my damn time.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 5:30 pm

MrSinister wrote:
Would I like a wife and kids one day? Meh. The idea is losing its appeal more and more as time goes on.

In fact, I think it's more appropriate to say that I'm married to my solitude, and even flirting with the idea of trying to break my relationships duck is a waste of my damn time.

Relationships duck? Not heard of that, and I know about ducks. Leave the duck alone!! !:x Just because you're single doesn't mean it needs breaking. :wink: :P

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 5:37 pm

with the right girl, yes, absolutely. meaning in practice: not a chance.
I think at the end of the day i regret not having not having kids more than not having a wife.

to quote a song i'm listening to:

la vie est dure
l'amour, casse

(life is hard/ love, broken)

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 2:26 pm

Ioini wrote:
I would love to be married to a beautiful wife. That is my goal in life. Just getting there is the problem.

...what a stupid goal of life , that's why you will get old and die without a beautiful wife.

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 5:13 pm

I believe true love does not require a marriage or a ring. I think weither I would get married or not, will depend on my future girlfriend. If she really wants it, I think I'd go for it just to please her. For me myself, it isn't really necessary. I want true love, but that does not necessarily require an official marriage.

One side remark though: having been in love with several foreign girls... if my partner has other citizenship than me, then I would marry just to make sure no legal system will ever tear us apart because of our different geographical backgrounds.

But generally, I think true love does not necessarily need marriage, however if she really wants it I'd do it to please her.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 5:13 pm

I believe true love does not require a marriage or a ring. I think weither I would get married or not, will depend on my future girlfriend. If she really wants it, I think I'd go for it just to please her. For me myself, it isn't really necessary. I want true love, but that does not necessarily require an official marriage.

One side remark though: having been in love with several foreign girls... if my partner has other citizenship than me, then I would marry just to make sure no legal system will ever tear us apart because of our different geographical backgrounds.

But generally, I think true love does not necessarily need marriage, however if she really wants it I'd do it to please her.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

Brian003
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2007, 6:09 pm

No, I don't want to get married and I don't honestly think there is a girl who I would be compatible with.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 7:24 pm

Yes, but only if it was someone that I truly loved, who truly loved me.

Jondalar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Nov 2007, 7:56 pm

Yeah I would never marry someone I wasn't absolutly sure I loved with every part of my soul, I never liked the idea of marrying it's like all it is to me is about sharing money and a house, though it says something about a relationship, it means you really are comited to one another, I don't like the idea of having a wife because I don't want us breaking up sometime down the road and going through a divorce, I never want a divorce, I never want to say I didn't pick the right person, I want to be sure of it.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 1:54 am

Yes, I'd like to be a husband.

In fact, I'd prefer to be a husband over dating. Dating and other semi-serious relationships seem rather pointless to me.

Would I make a good husband? I think so, on some counts... not perfect but I'm thoughtful, patient and caring enough to make it work.

I kind of want to have kids too, I am just concerned how my fathering abilities are going to pan out. I'm still on the fence, though I think I can manage being a father... if I have a quality marriage then it seems like the perfect fit. If my marriage is rough, well I wouldn't want kids on top of that.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Nov 2007, 3:29 am

Someday I certainly wish to get married and have children. My ultimate goal in life is to have a loving family, spend as much time with them as possible, provide for them and watch my children grow up, grow old and die with the women I love. I can die a happy man if I acomplish this and see my children grow up. I will do anything for this ultimate dream of mine, anything!

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 6:34 am

I vote "not sure", because I don't know how we are defining "husband" here.
I don't like ceremony. I just want a partner. I can stretch to the ring-thing, maybe.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 1:24 pm

Pugly wrote:
Yes, I'd like to be a husband.

In fact, I'd prefer to be a husband over dating. Dating and other semi-serious relationships seem rather pointless to me.

Would I make a good husband? I think so, on some counts... not perfect but I'm thoughtful, patient and caring enough to make it work.

I kind of want to have kids too, I am just concerned how my fathering abilities are going to pan out. I'm still on the fence, though I think I can manage being a father... if I have a quality marriage then it seems like the perfect fit. If my marriage is rough, well I wouldn't want kids on top of that.

I feel exactly this way.

PLA wrote:
I vote "not sure", because I don't know how we are defining "husband" here.
I don't like ceremony. I just want a partner. I can stretch to the ring-thing, maybe.

Yes, what I'd do is get married sans ceremony. I hate ceremonies too.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 10:43 am

Ehh... ceremonies aren't so bad (but then again, i was practically raised in a church on account of my mother working at one...). Everything is orderly and rehearsed. You get the best excuse to make out with your special someone in public.

What really gets to me are the receptions. There's too much socializing (especially the utterly insignificant kind), too much cliche stuff (i.e. the "feed your spouse cake and try to make it look so embarrasingly cute that it can be put on YouTube for all the world to laugh at you), and the most despicable thing of all: dancing. I can't stand dancing for life or money. A couple of years ago I was dragged into a wedding reception by my parents (while I was still under 18 years old, so I couldn't just say no), and I ended up sitting in a corner by myself the entire time. Well, almost the entire time anyway. My mom tried to get me out on the dance floor three times that night. Needless to say, I wasn't going to if my life depended on it.

I guess the moral of the story is: If I ever get married, I'll probably do a ceremony, but I will use EVERYTHING in my power to stop a reception from happening.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 11:55 am

I find ceremonies boring and pointless. At least in some receptions I've been to the food was awesome.

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2007, 8:31 pm

Of course I'll be sure I truly love the woman, before I get married but as far as the ceremony and reception is concerned I'll see if we could just have a casusal get together at one of/our house(s). That way we still socialize with the guests but i can avoid dancing possibly and any "cute" post wedding cliche's. It's not socializing i hate its socializing in a non-casual manner.

Last edited by loudmouth on 11 Nov 2007, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.