All single men who are attracted to women:

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Single heterosexual men: Would you like to one day become a husband?
Yes! 51%  51%  [ 39 ]
I'm not sure... 39%  39%  [ 30 ]
No! 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 76

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2007, 8:31 pm

Of course I'll be sure I truly love the woman, before I get married but as far as the ceremony and reception is concerned I'll see if we could just have a casusal get together at one of/our house(s). That way we still socialize with the guests but i can avoid dancing possibly and any "cute" post wedding cliche's. It's not socializing i hate its socializing in a non-casual manner.

Last edited by loudmouth on 11 Nov 2007, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:36 pm

loudmouth wrote:
as far as tyhe ceremony is concernedi'll se if we could just have a casusal get together at one of/our house(s). that way we still socialize with the guests but i can avoid dancing possibly and any "cute" post wedding cliche's.

That's what my parents did. It's also a pretty economical way of doing it.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 10:31 pm

I've switched to "not sure". I am re-examining the possibilities and probabilities.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 10:33 pm

is there an option of f**k NO :P ??

Bightme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Nov 2007, 12:41 pm

voted yes

Though I'm not religious, I think marriage is a good way of showing commitment and solidifying love.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 1:22 pm

Bightme wrote:
voted yes

Though I'm not religious, I think marriage is a good way of showing commitment and solidifying love.

That's ironic, considering the fact that I'm a religious person and I don't consider marriage important in solidifying love. Rather, I see marriage as a way to publicly proclaim your love for each other in front of witnesses (and as a good excuse to make out in front of people and get away with it). God knows whether or not you two really love each other or not, and since most of the time actions speak louder than words, I think that just by loving each other and showing commitment expected of marriage technically qualifies you in God's eyes as married. In other words, if you truly love each other, then marriage is really just a formality to get out of the way. If not, then you shouldn't be getting married.

Bightme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Nov 2007, 1:34 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Bightme wrote:
voted yes

That's ironic, considering the fact that I'm a religious person and I don't consider marriage important in solidifying love. Rather, I see marriage as a way to publicly proclaim your love for each other in front of witnesses (and as a good excuse to make out in front of people and get away with it). God knows whether or not you two really love each other or not, and since most of the time actions speak louder than words, I think that just by loving each other and showing commitment expected of marriage technically qualifies you in God's eyes as married. In other words, if you truly love each other, then marriage is really just a formality to get out of the way. If not, then you shouldn't be getting married.

I can understand that point of view, I guess I have an idealistic/romantic notion about finding a partner, and that marriage is a ritual that helps clarify such bonding.. Though it's not essential, in the way, that say, telling someone you love them isn't essential, but is sure helps!

Space
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 11:53 pm

If I found the right girl and it was the right time in my life, sure, I would marry her.

Ioini
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2007, 11:37 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Ioini wrote:
I would love to be married to a beautiful wife. That is my goal in life. Just getting there is the problem.

...what a stupid goal of life , that's why you will get old and die without a beautiful wife.

Hey, it's my goal in life and it will be whole lot better then it is now if I accomplish it. It's very possible for me having a beautiful wife not just it's "stupid".