Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 9:17 pm

have been having a problem on the laptop for....ever since got it.
it's hard to describe but when the music is playing,the track has random jumps or little skip sounds....and after a bit,sound would go off and an error says realplayer has stopped working...
once [and only once] it actually gave a BSOD,had only just switched the laptop on and was listening to the first song,the music suddenly started skipping like a cd on a broken cd player,and up came a BSOD,still cannot believe have been using windows regulary since 98 and not had one BSOD till vista.
originally thought it could have been an overheating problem,although it did the same with extra vent. and fans.
realplayer crashed again,so had a look for an answer....checked realplayer forum,said to run realplayer as administrator,
did so,and it has completely cured it of this problem,only thing is,the fix is also a problem as realplayer does not work with foxytunes when it's ran in administration mode,realplayer also will not react to any amount of clicking on individual tracks and the only way around it is to make up playlists and play them that way.
anyone know a way around this without getting another player [don't want to change,have always used realplayer] or why it even does this?

has anyone else had any problems with vista and realplayer?
seems running realplayer in administration mode doesn't work for everyone.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 10:40 pm

you could try version 11

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 6:17 am

I still use XP, so I wouldn't know.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

lau
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 2:55 pm

I'll add RealPlayer to my list of reasons for not beta testing Vista.