Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 1:54 am

Some of you called it crazy; some of you called it annoying. Well, the preliminary results are in! Of those WrongPlanet.net members who have already voted, they are least likely to have a Cluster B personality style (impulsivity, deception, and self-centeredness). They are fairly likely to have an obsessive-compulsive personality style. Schizoid and schizotypal personality styles also play a role in the composite Asperger's syndrome personality.

Based on my self-awareness, experience in person with fellow aspies, interactions on the forums here, and the preliminary poll results, I would like to speculate on a composite Asperger's syndrome personality:

• Perfectionism: Takes care to check for mistakes and proceeds with caution
  • Rigidity and pedantry: Explains the nuances of an idea; sets routines for self
  • Social indifference: Desires only a small amount of face-to-face social interaction
  • Anxiety: Easily becomes worried, frequently considers negative possibilities; is uneasy in unfamiliar situations
  • Eccentricity: Behaves markedly differently from the norm
  • Suspicion: Is distrustful of what is common; is cynical

alexj
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2005, 6:04 am

NeantHumain wrote:
Some of you called it crazy; some of you called it annoying.

Not me. On the contrary, thanks a lot for providing such interesting stuff. Sometimes, even when you are aware of your behavioral difficulties, it is really difficult to understand them when you don't have enough theorical knowledge.

For instance these polls made me discover that what I would have named as antisocial features were in fact features of an avoidant personnality (which expression I am frenetically going to Google!)
Maybe it is because that kind of vocabulary is so often misused in our daily life.

Alexandra

avoidant : severe
schizotypal, obsessive-compulsive, schizoid, narcissistic, borderline : moderate
paranoid : mild
dependent, antisocial, histrionic : none

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 9:51 am

That's pretty accurate Neant...

GA

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 1:08 pm

Wonderful. Thanks for the recap. I am going to print it and keep it with me so I have good words for some of my "issues".

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2005, 1:41 pm

What do yo mean by that? Its not my personality anyway..