Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

human_calculator
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Nov 2007, 8:32 am

I have heard many people here saying about drinking cough syrup and I was wondering why.Can anyone clarify?

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Nov 2007, 12:09 pm

WHAT?! In my high school people used to party with the stuff, Ill admit at a time when I was trying to fit in I drank half a bottle, I felt pretty good, but then realized its probably distroying my liver, and I think maby I need that to live.

Can you specify? I have been on a bit now and never saw any post about caugh syrup, personally I dont take cold medicin or anything, I like my body fighting stuff on its own, that and I take some pretty powerful painkillers for my back, so I cant take anything else in fear itll reack badly, but I very rairly get ill anyways so its all good.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 12:29 pm

from what i have read that cugh syrup contains a drug called DXM. this chemical when mixed with soft drinks (soda pop) it then acts like pcp or some "party drug" to get high,

please look at this for more info,

http://www.drugfree.org/Parent/Resource ... cine_Abuse

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 12:55 pm

Speaking of cough syrup, I once discovered something by accident. I drank a cup of TheraFlu, those packets you mix in a cup of hot water, and 2-tbsp dose of Robitussin. An hour later, I felt a feeling of lightheadedness and exhilaration. I'm sure it's the active ingredients in those two medicines interacting. I don't take that combination recreationally (the acetaminophen in those medicines is bad for the liver), but I think of it as a fringe benefit of getting a cold.

simon2wright
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2007, 3:31 pm

The medicine you are thinking about is called Robtussin, it contains Dextromethorphan DXM.
Some people say that it helps with anxiety and makes them feel less autistic.
I never found it much help as it made my psychosis worse.
I found that an over the counter drug called Diphenhydramine helps me sleep.
Simon

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 4:12 pm

DXM (the active ingredient in Robitussin) acts like PCP when you ingest enough of it and therefore you can get high.

Too much can have short term or long term effects so people who actually do this are advised to be careful.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

17 Nov 2007, 4:28 pm

I only drink cough syrup if it has codeine in it. :wink:

Good fortune,

- Icarus weaves beautiful art from opiates...

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 4:40 pm

simon2wright wrote:
I found that an over the counter drug called Diphenhydramine helps me sleep.

Ha. That's about all it does.

I was being stupid and tripped out on that stuff before. NEVER AGAIN.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Nov 2007, 4:51 pm

doordoctor wrote:
from what i have read that cugh syrup contains a drug called DXM. this chemical when mixed with soft drinks (soda pop) it then acts like pcp or some "party drug" to get high,

YA YA THATS IT. I remember that from a long time ago I was resherching the ingredients of it cause DXM was the craze in my high school and I wanted to see what possible horrible things could result, I drank half a bottle and felt good, never really tripped (and never intended too). I dont think its a good idea to consume more then the recomended does tho.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Nov 2007, 4:53 pm

doordoctor wrote:

YA YA THATS IT. I remember that from a long time ago I was resherching the ingredients of it cause DXM was the craze in my high school and I wanted to see what possible horrible things could result, I drank half a bottle and felt good, never really tripped (and never intended too). I dont think its a good idea to consume more then the recomended does tho.

heh, I dont take stuff like this, but perhapse I should take my own advice cause when im real sick I tend to overdo it on the morphene pills I get on occasion, now thats dangerous, but its the only thing that really makes me feel better, and I wont drive or operate matchnery on it. I think really overdosing in DXM may be worse then the morphene pills I take just cause im used to them.

Just be careful everybody, whatever ya do, id hate to hear of anybody ending up in the hospital, or worse.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 4:21 pm

I must be unusual. I only take cough syrup when I have a cough. I also follow the directions on the label.

Ed Almos