Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 10:54 am

"Deus Ex GOTY - The game is moving very fast, and the cutscenes are playing in double speed. How can I fix this?

Solution

This is usual because the computer you are using is well above the minimum requirements for this game. This game requires a video card with only DirectX 7.0a support, modern video cards translate the images at a higher rate then the card this game was intended for. There is a solution that may work though.

In the install directory, there should be a file called DeusEx.ini. Open this file and there will be a line that reads: GameSpeed=1.0000. Many users report if you change this value to: GameSpeed=0.5000, the game plays at normal speed. As this is video card dependant you may have to change this number to tweak the game speed to your liking.

If this does not work, we will have no further information, unless you have a system that mirrors the minimum or recommended requirements. We cannot help you run this in any other operating system other then 95/98."

Deus Ex GOTY - The game is moving very fast, and the cutscenes are playing in double speed. How can I fix this?

I'm running a new AMD 4000 Dual Core Processor with an nVidia GeForce 8500 GT video card. My game runs either twice as fast or half as fast as it should, randomly. Adjusting the game speed as recommended has no effect. It's a shame too because this is such a great game. They just don't make 'em like they used to. Any ideas?

- Emerson

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2007, 9:26 pm

I remember there are some utilities, one of them is called moslo, other I think is/was called Turbo. Haven't tried cpukiller.

EDIT: http://www.geocities.com/kulhain/ ;)

How is the game? I'd like to play it.