Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 11:39 pm

hey all.

Just an update;

I had to stop the paxil. I was getting very, VERY depressed and more suicidal than I've ever been. I even had a plan. I contacted the doc a couple weeks ago when the depression was setting in. He said the drug levels wouldn't reach clinical levels for another couple of weeks and to give it a little while longer. I called him the other day when I got feeling suicidal and he told me to stop it immediately.

I have an appointment with him tomorrow to go on something else. I liked the Effexor but I was hoping to go on something that would help with social anxiety too which is why I requested the paxil.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2007, 11:44 pm

thats what happend to me and i couldnt use my tool. its why im so against medications :jester:

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 11:46 pm

heh.

Me too. Though, I could use it in a limited sense if you know what I mean.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 11:46 pm

Good job.

Paxil is BAD NEWS.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

StonedRoach
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2007, 11:57 pm

s**t, I'm on Paxil, and I'm also very depressed and suicidal... Been off of work because of my depression. I've been wanting to get off of it for a while, been having other problems with it lately.

militarybrat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2007, 1:13 am

As far as I know there is no medication that can directly target social phobia.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 1:20 am

Celexa, Effexor and even Zoloft reduce social phobia in many people... the Effexor obviously didn't have that effect on you. My friend was on Paxil and overdosed on sleeping pills, perhaps after drinking which he often did on the Paxil. A lot of us are confused as to whether it was a suicide or a misadventure. Why the sleeping pills though? He took sleeping pills on the Paxil, as well as drinking, but I think it just MAY have been a suicide. I don't think he was on the sleeping pills for very long... Paxil may not sit well with them, or other things, if you're on them or anything else.

AspieMartian
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2007, 2:25 am

I just replied in the other thread you started about Paxil. I'm glad you've stop if you were getting that bad. Good to hear you're OK, relatively speaking.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

28 Nov 2007, 2:47 am

Watch out man; Paxil has some pretty sh***y withdrawal effects. Be prepared for a stormy ride.

http://www.quitpaxil.info/Main/symptoms.htm

Personally, I've experienced these withdrawal effects:

- intense insomnia
- intense fear of losing your sanity
- panic attacks (even if you never had one before)
- severe mood swings, esp. heightened irritability / anger
- suicidal thoughts (in extreme cases)
- the feeling of shocks, similar to mild electric one, running the length of your body (a.k.a. "the zaps")

I was a veritable maniac during withdrawal (er, more so than I normally am, I mean); I completely lost touch for a bit, and I very nearly shot myself; and the zaps just plain suck. If you're lucky, you'll just feel like s**t for a few days; I hope you're lucky.

Good fortune,

- Icarus kept the shell casing as a reminder of those times...

criss
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 3:57 am

Yes take great care and keep checking in here and let us know how your doing.

Thinking of you and remember your not alone, though you sure as hell might feel that way at times.

"We are here on earth for a little space to learn to bear the beams of love." (William Blake)

Thank God for science, but feed me poetry please, as I am one that desires the meal & not the menu. (My own)

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 10:34 am

Yea good that stopped paxil, that is a horrible drug, i remember taking it as a child, whoa did that totally change me into a horrible sucidal monster. It was taken off the market for children shortly after i stopped taking it. Studies showed that it changed the childs behavior and the person itself, and didn't help the person, instead made them much worse. They actually did a thing about it, saying how they didn't thoroughly research it properly before distributing it to the public.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 12:00 pm

I think this is my second day off the Paxil. No withdrawal effects yet.

I have an appointment in half an hour with the doc. Hopefully I can go back on the effexor XR. It worked nicely. All I need is a pre authorization to get it.

militarybrat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2007, 4:29 pm

If you haven't been on paxil long enough for it to fully saturate into your system, you probably won't have too much withdraw if any.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 4:45 pm

I took paxil, had seratonin toxicity , and spent 2 days thinking my brain was going to explode, my skin was going to fly off, and i started turning green.

I think i took way too much.

Anyway, I really wonder what the hell it does for you, it made me feel completely horrible.

militarybrat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2007, 4:55 pm

Kalister1, paxil's an SSRI (Select Seraton Reuptake Inhibiter) anti-depressant; like most SSRIs it has an off-shelf use in ASD's mainly to try and control compulsiveness and outer-lying anxiety issues. Also like most anti-depressants, and one could argue psychoative drugs, it doesn't work on everyone, can have adversive effects on some, and and directly treat the core symptoms of Autism or AS. We do not have any medication which can do that; they all target outer-lying symptoms and issues, sometimes this can help with the core symptoms by alleviating the outer ones, and sometimes it can't.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 5:12 pm

It made me feel like barf. Adderal was much better. Different strokes for different folks.