Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2007, 10:27 pm

KimJ wrote:
I think it's hysterical that Goche is correcting you for generalizing and then does what? Generalize about "college boys". :o

I said college boys are notorious for that behavior. ((meaning I didn't say if it was true or false, just they have a reputation for it.)) I didn't say all did it, nor did I say that they're all biggots and need to be avoided. There is a huge difference.

I'm sick of people acting like aspies are all this or NT's are all that. I'm an NT, and I never picked on anyone, nor would I ever do this to someone.

lastly I appologise nirrti, I saw the tag and assumed you were still an acting mod. I hope it's all sorted out soon ^^

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 10:36 pm

I hate sheeple.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 11:30 pm

I couldn't care less if NT's come on this forum for people with AS/Autism and get offended. Telling some one "you shouldn't say that you might offend an NT.''

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 12:13 am

scumsuckingdouchebag wrote:

I don't understand the categorization of NTs into one distinct type of personality that appears commonplace here. How would someone distinguish an INTJ or INTP neurotypical from a very high-functioning Aspie of a similar personality type, for instance? Aren't there plenty of NTs who shun common societal values due to logical/ethical reasons and don't understand social cues much like an aspie/autistic(but in the case of social cues, perhaps their lack of understanding is due to limited social experiences)? Wouldn't certain personality types(such as the INTJ) be prone to the pedantic speaking style of the aspie and to the thinking style of the aspie even if they're neurotypical? What about extreme cerbral narcissists who never developed emotionally since childhood and what about schizoids who have been schizoid since childhood and never developed social skills; how do you tell the difference between them from those with AS/HFA?

Is it possible for an aspie or autistic to also be capable of being a pathological liar or a very successful thief or a cunning sociopathic manipulator of others? How about aspies/auties that are overly concerned about their appearance and impression they present to others; do they exist?

I'm fairly sure there are no clear boundaries and answers, but someone here should have some partial answers to some of these questions.

How can a person really tell if they are an aspie/autie or something else, and state so with confidence and honesty, whether diagnosed or not? How does a person tell if they have been misdiagnosed as being aspie/autie as well?

All questions to ponder as I study this subject even more in depth, trying to make sense of it.

It is all Science. Up to 1950s there were Crazy People. Some of them Euro types had other names, but crazy worked. Back in the day no one believed shrinks.

Crazy people came in two basic types, one would hide from you, cower in the corner if trapped, and the other would attack and make a break for it. Paranoids and Psychopaths. When locked up, Paranoids became cunning liers, and Psychopaths became charming.

Then came terms like Passive Agressive, meaning calmly asserting yourself, women were guilty of this often. Psychopaths learned that there was more than one way to attack. They developed forms of social manipulation. Locked up, forced into therapy, they sold the shrink a new car, and it was a great deal.

As more and more Psychopaths went into business, politics, it left the weak and hardly assertive. Neurous and Latent traits, both have the same meaning, flickering shadows, were used to explain everything. Most was based on Greek Mythology. Electra Complex, Narcissitic, Edipus Complex, but none dared Casandra Complex.

The whole sideshow was saved by drugs, all answers came in pills. Massive doses of Thorizine will cure anything.

It was all blamed on the person, they were not coping with life. With the help of Professionals, none of them learned how to cope.

About 1980 came development problems. When children ignored the endless complaints and screeching of their mother, just shut her out, did not respond, they were said to have Attention Defict Disorder. ADD, and the ones who told her to just shut up for an hour, had ADHD. Both were given drugs, which they sold at school.

It was the business, the patients were generally smarter than the therapists. They lost the brightest for they had no answers, the more willing were vegged with Thorizine, and no one wanted to play with Psych Majors.

The whole business shifted to children, and the concept of "Original Sin" They had not failed to cope with life, they were born defective. This could or course be fixed by a Psychologist with pills. Most agreed because the questions about the scars on the back of the kid's head never came up, it was developmental, and they deserved treatment. Pills slowed them down and made them easier to hit.

By telling the kid they were screwed, then doping them so they would learn to accept their beatings, a new market was produced, Depression, it was caused by resisting therapy. This called for more drugs. Being raised on drugs and beatings, then more drugs, and constantly being told they were to blame, it produced long term customers, and a lifetime drug market for Psychologists.

One of the greatest benefits of drugs is memory destruction. The kid could never put two and two together, and the few who did and split, soon started going through drug withdrawal. Withdrawal is a b***h. It assured no one would leave.

Seeking new markets they discovered AS in 1994. It was a small market, but 1994 was the year Homosexuals quit being mentally ill. They needed anything they could get. They got a ten year run, hooked a lot on their dope, then Wrong Planet showed up. When people started comparing notes, the Profession of Psychology started looking like the Profession of Prostitution. But at least Prostitutes did something for the money, and did not blame it on you. They also had better drug connections.

It was always one pie, it was sliced and sliced again, does it really matter if it is PDD/AS/HFA, if you enjoy being on Wrong Planet? If something annoys you, and you say, "That Sucks" is it a sign that you need six montts on drugs for Bipolar, if you pull out of it five minutes later, or treatment for depession if it it last ten minutes, or someone on WP saying "Big Time!"

Now you take a bunch of randomly selected bright people, put them together, and they all discover they were sold the extended Warentiee for something they do not own? I hear a lot of, my doctor is an idiot! I have not once heard, Listen to this brillient thing my Therapist said.

Psychologists are people who could not make it in the Sciences, not even a low level medical speciality, they have no skills, they do not relate to people well, yet play god to mask their human failings.

Nothing changes, there are still crazy people, they are manipuative, and they got Degrees in Psychology as a cover. Hanibal Lector is still poster boy for the business.

It all may sound evil and depressing, but, we would have never gathered without it.

The kid once floored me when she was eight. She said,

"The Universe must be perfect, if any one little thing had been different, we would have never met."

"Welcome to Wrong Planet!"

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 1:07 am

Quote:
It is all Science. Up to 1950s there were Crazy People. Some of them Euro types had other names, but crazy worked. Back in the day no one believed shrinks.

Crazy people came in two basic types, one would hide from you, cower in the corner if trapped, and the other would attack and make a break for it. Paranoids and Psychopaths. When locked up, Paranoids became cunning liers, and Psychopaths became charming.

Then came terms like Passive Agressive, meaning calmly asserting yourself, women were guilty of this often. Psychopaths learned that there was more than one way to attack. They developed forms of social manipulation. Locked up, forced into therapy, they sold the shrink a new car, and it was a great deal.

As more and more Psychopaths went into business, politics, it left the weak and hardly assertive. Neurous and Latent traits, both have the same meaning, flickering shadows, were used to explain everything. Most was based on Greek Mythology. Electra Complex, Narcissitic, Edipus Complex, but none dared Casandra Complex.

The whole sideshow was saved by drugs, all answers came in pills. Massive doses of Thorizine will cure anything.

It was all blamed on the person, they were not coping with life. With the help of Professionals, none of them learned how to cope.

About 1980 came development problems. When children ignored the endless complaints and screeching of their mother, just shut her out, did not respond, they were said to have Attention Defict Disorder. ADD, and the ones who told her to just shut up for an hour, had ADHD. Both were given drugs, which they sold at school.

It was the business, the patients were generally smarter than the therapists. They lost the brightest for they had no answers, the more willing were vegged with Thorizine, and no one wanted to play with Psych Majors.

The whole business shifted to children, and the concept of "Original Sin" They had not failed to cope with life, they were born defective. This could or course be fixed by a Psychologist with pills. Most agreed because the questions about the scars on the back of the kid's head never came up, it was developmental, and they deserved treatment. Pills slowed them down and made them easier to hit.

By telling the kid they were screwed, then doping them so they would learn to accept their beatings, a new market was produced, Depression, it was caused by resisting therapy. This called for more drugs. Being raised on drugs and beatings, then more drugs, and constantly being told they were to blame, it produced long term customers, and a lifetime drug market for Psychologists.

One of the greatest benefits of drugs is memory destruction. The kid could never put two and two together, and the few who did and split, soon started going through drug withdrawal. Withdrawal is a b***h. It assured no one would leave.

Seeking new markets they discovered AS in 1994. It was a small market, but 1994 was the year Homosexuals quit being mentally ill. They needed anything they could get. They got a ten year run, hooked a lot on their dope, then Wrong Planet showed up. When people started comparing notes, the Profession of Psychology started looking like the Profession of Prostitution. But at least Prostitutes did something for the money, and did not blame it on you. They also had better drug connections.

It was always one pie, it was sliced and sliced again, does it really matter if it is PDD/AS/HFA, if you enjoy being on Wrong Planet? If something annoys you, and you say, "That Sucks" is it a sign that you need six montts on drugs for Bipolar, if you pull out of it five minutes later, or treatment for depession if it it last ten minutes, or someone on WP saying "Big Time!"

Now you take a bunch of randomly selected bright people, put them together, and they all discover they were sold the extended Warentiee for something they do not own? I hear a lot of, my doctor is an idiot! I have not once heard, Listen to this brillient thing my Therapist said.

Psychologists are people who could not make it in the Sciences, not even a low level medical speciality, they have no skills, they do not relate to people well, yet play god to mask their human failings.

Nothing changes, there are still crazy people, they are manipuative, and they got Degrees in Psychology as a cover. Hanibal Lector is still poster boy for the business.

It all may sound evil and depressing, but, we would have never gathered without it.

The kid once floored me when she was eight. She said,

"The Universe must be perfect, if any one little thing had been different, we would have never met."

"Welcome to Wrong Planet!"

I can sense a lot of wisdom in this post. I understand perhaps half of it, but what I do understand, I do agree with. It seems as if some of the things you are saying I would have to 'read between the lines' to understand it fully, but perhaps I'm just thinking too much into it?

I know about the harms perpetuated by psychiatrists throught history and the industry behind the drugging of people. It seems like something out of an Aldous Huxley novel, yet it is America today. Big pharma's industry of drugging Americans for mental illness is worth about $35 billion a year. Psychiatric drug sales have increased 256% since 1994's latest issuing of the DSM-IV. Suppoesedly, every psychiatrist who had authored the 'mood disorder' section of the most recent issue of the DSM-IV had ties to the pharmaceutical industry. All of this is factors into me having never sought therapy nor seeking an official diagnosis, but I cannot help but wonder whether or not I am like the people this site is supposed to be a gathering point for: those who would commonly be considered 'autistic' to some degree.

I've read plenty of posts here critiscizing doctors and the like. Me having never been evaluated by one in recent memory(and having been evaluated by one in early grade school, and entirely unsure for what reasons and what conclusions were reached), I can't relate to these experiences.

Thank you for that post. I'll keep re-reading your post, trying to understand it fully.

On a side note, some hippie gave me this DVD outside of an electronics store I sometimes frequent:

http://www.amazon.com/Psychiatry-Industry-Death-Documentary-DVD/dp/B000P8CMAI

While it is clearly a propaganda film and often reeks of unfounded claims, religious values, and paranoia, much of what is stated in it is true in regard to statistics(but that also assumes that the statistics it cites are true as well. You should be familiar with Mark Twain's view on statistics.). It has some consistency with what you have said.

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2007, 1:14 am

thyme wrote:
I couldn't care less if NT's come on this forum for people with AS/Autism and get offended. Telling some one "you shouldn't say that you might offend an NT.''

Isn't that a little hypocritical of you? You don't like people saying 'I hate aspies!' even on an 'nt' forum.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 1:25 am

Goche21 wrote:
thyme wrote:

Isn't that a little hypocritical of you? You don't like people saying 'I hate aspies!' even on an 'nt' forum.

That is why I don't go on an NT forum.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 1:28 am

I hate it when NTs like you, gauche, come in here throwing their weight around, like a bull in a china shop, telling us what this site is for, and generally being rude and annoying. Especially when they haven't been here long compared to the people they want to 'correct'. Thats what trolls do too.

hint I don't welcome your input.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 1:35 am

This argument reads just as a soap opera sounds. Or reads like an episode of "American Chopper".

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 2:00 am

Goche21 wrote:
First of all, nirrti, you're supposed to be a moderator on this forum. You're held at a high standard because it's up to you to demonstrate how to behave. By generalizing and saying you can't stand all NT's because of one guy brushing you off, you defeat the purpose of this sight. This sight is to educate people about asperger's syndrome, and promote *tollerance*.

Now as to your problem, all I can say is that he's a college boy, they're notoriously flacky. Don't take it personaly, it happens to the best of us.

Goche moderators don't demonstrate to others how to behave. Moderators are here to simply enforce the ground rules on the message board. The moderators here are probably not much different than the moderators on an NT message board with their ups and downs.

EvilZak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2007, 3:06 am

thyme wrote:
Goche21 wrote:
thyme wrote:

That is why I don't go on an NT forum.

It seems somewhat counterproductive to be anti-NT - after all, they outnumber us.

I think much of the anti-NT sentiment floating around comes from expecting them to act like aspies, and then being surprised when they don't.

sojournertruth
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2007, 3:33 am

different cultures have different 'ask requirements.' In some, a person is expected to accept an invitation the first time you offer it if they like you. In others, people are expected to offer invitations regardless of whether they want to interact with the person, so the person being asked isn't supposed to accept until they are asked three times.
It's bleeding insane, but true.

I've never heard of any culture that requires an 'ask' more than three times, though, so if someone refuses you three times in a row it's probably safe to assume that they are not interested in doing anything with you regardless of any other outward signs they might be giving you.