Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Bigbang
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2007, 11:59 pm

This is how I write. I had to use some kind of tool attached to my pencil when I learned to write, as I had the reflex of writing with both handsl. I also was way too perfectionnist about it, and it resulted as the poor unstylised handwriting I have today.

quirky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2007, 12:22 am

My natural handwriting is awful, and I only use it when in a rush. Otherwise, I copy other people's, which I can do pretty well. I change my handwriting style all the time, mimicking others' letters. I can't write in cursive to save my life though. My signature is the same as when I was in 3rd grade.

cuddlykittykat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Dec 2007, 12:34 am

No cursive for me. No one, including myself, can decipher it. I print everything...poorly.

CeriseLy
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2007, 5:52 am

i also prefer to print not just because it looks better than my cursive. Something about cursive bugs me.

Ferrelas
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2007, 7:57 am

I remember having trouble with how to hold the pen and as a result I found handwriting very hard and sometimes even painfull. It also looked pretty bad during my early years of school, but now it looks pretty nice. I even got my favourite compliment over my handwriting: "You write like a girl." Immediately after saying that the guy explained that it meant that it looked nice. I understood that however. ;)

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 9:43 am

EvilKimEvil wrote:
I used to write that way. I got in trouble for it. The teachers made a big deal of it. They complained to my parents. So my parents got mad at me about it too. They said I did it because I was lazy and stupid. They bought handwriting books and made me practice my handwriting at home on the weekends. Just because I started my letters at the bottom instead of the top.

That's horrible.

excluded_middle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Dec 2007, 1:53 pm

I can draw well but my writing is (and has always been) awful, I will usually write ok for a short time but I end up scribbling large loops and so on if I lose concentration.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 2:04 pm

I have horrible cursive, so does the rest of my family... I print with a dash of cursive, of my own design!

sonny1471
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2007, 2:23 pm

I never really realized it, but I haven't used cursive handwriting ever since grade school. I just tried writing in cursive and it looked terrible. Like Averick, I print with a bit of cursive loops thrown in. Many of my letters (f, g, q, t) don't look like the letters they are supposed to be but I know what they are and I have to pay close attention when I'm writing something someone else has to read.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Dec 2007, 2:53 pm

This is my normal handwriting. It changes when I am anxious or depressed.
I am neither at the moment.

missboots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2007, 4:03 pm

I've never much paid attention to the way I write. I'm pretty sure I do a little of both, though.
I do know I hold my pen differently than most people. I never realized I was doing it any different until someone pointed it out awhile back.

sonny1471
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2007, 4:07 pm

One other thing... my printing is almost exclusively perpendicular to the line I'm writing on, but my signature slants very far left. I'm not sure why. I always wondered if I should have been left handed or something.

Whisperer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2007, 7:54 pm

My handwriting is particularily hard to read for many.

I started with cursive and changed it to print at the request of some teacher. It was then legible for a while - then it settled back to unreadable.
. . .and if I happen to be tired then it's clearly worse.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 8:05 pm

Desolation_boi wrote:
JWRed wrote:
My 1st grade teacher told me that my handwriting was "atrocious".

I got those comments all through primary. I've evolved my handwritting style some many times because of it. And it's still looks like crap... :P

Me too. Someone who happened to watch me write today remarked also on the WAY that I write; stating something along the lines of "first you wrote something on this side of the page, then over here, and then you came back to what you started and drew an arrow and then back over here . . ."

I can't tell the number of times that I have written my name out of order. Like if I were to demonstrate how I do it on my username, it would look like this:

_ _ s t c _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
l a s t c r a _ _ h o r n
l a s t c r a z y h o r n

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 8:08 pm

Bigbang wrote:

This is how I write. I had to use some kind of tool attached to my pencil when I learned to write, as I had the reflex of writing with both handsl. I also was way too perfectionnist about it, and it resulted as the poor unstylised handwriting I have today.

That looks exactly like my handwriting.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 11:51 pm

I write from bottom to top. I hold my pencil "wrong"(it rests between my index and middle finger). My handwriting is quite atrocious unless I write very slooooowly.