Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 11:51 pm

I write from bottom to top. I hold my pencil "wrong"(it rests between my index and middle finger). My handwriting is quite atrocious unless I write very slooooowly.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 11:57 pm

psychedelic wrote:
Quote:
psychedelic wrote:
I would start from the bottom too. I would get crap from my dad about how bad my handwriting was.

off topic-Nice signature.

Sorry about getting off topic; I do it all the time. About my signature, I got it from some British comedian. I can't remember his name.

Eddie Izzard

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:02 am

blackcat wrote:
I write from bottom to top. I hold my pencil "wrong"(it rests between my index and middle finger). My handwriting is quite atrocious unless I write very slooooowly.

My cousin is NT and holds pencils that way. At least I think he's NT. He's never been diagnosed, anyway, and I don't notice anything that would make me think otherwise. Not that I would...

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Dec 2007, 2:17 am

i wrote my answer--

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PC_ovuehc2A[/youtube]

(um... i got a camera 3 days ago so i guess i am feeling the need to play with it )

i also hold the pen beween my middle finger and index finger (and thumb) with the index kind of resting on top sometimes.

i used to despair that i was not left-handed because i thought it would be cool to write that way.

i was interested in handwriting analysis in highschool and i read a few books about it and went through mine obsessively... tried to force myself to write differently to see if i could change my personality that way.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 6:27 pm

blackcat wrote:

I hold my pen that way too. Only thing is though, I just changed it to that style this year, and it actually made my script neater!

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Maeotian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2007, 7:07 pm

Oh wow, I thought I was the only one who couldn't write! Well, I CAN write, but lets just say I prefer to type. Ive just never been ever to have really neat handwriting for some reason.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 8:29 pm

lastcrazyhorn wrote:
blackcat wrote:

I hold my pen that way too. Only thing is though, I just changed it to that style this year, and it actually made my script neater!

I've always written that way because I feel it gives me more control. I remember being surprised at some point in elementary school when I noticed that other people didn't hold pens this way.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 8:35 pm

My handwriting used to be better, now it's a mess.

I'd still imagine it's readable, even at its worse, though.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 9:40 pm

My writing leans the wrong way Iam told.
My Uncle had the same trait.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 10:33 pm

My handwriting is so bad, I have to do handwriting analysis on my own class notes in order to study :P

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 2:00 am

I have almost completely forgotten how to write in longhand, and my penmanship is a large ugly scrawl. When I could write I noticed that if I wrote a double f I could never get the two lower loops to be the same size. The second one was ALWAYS shorter than the first when I just wrote smoothly along.

then I found out it was with the up looped letters too! How strange I thought it had to do with only reading one side of the page and having to force myself to read clear across the page, rather than only scan down one side of the text, and only guessing at the context of the other half of the text.

Merle

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2007, 8:36 am

I start from the bottom with some letters, like 'h', 'l', 't'...all the 'straight' letters.

My handwriting isn't too bad. It's small and relatively neat. The only bad thing about it is that it isn't constant - sometimes I slant to the left, sometimes the right, sometimes I do loops, sometimes I don't. Et cetera.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2007, 9:55 am

I tend to hold my pencil with the first joint of my thumb flat against the side of the pencil, rather than with the fingerprint part of my thumb. This also forces my writing utensils to be rigidly straight up and down alot. Most of my writing implements are used to it and write anyway, but I find that other people's utensils are used to the lazy slant and refuse to work when I use them. LOL. I get a lot of crap about the way I write and I have a permanent indentation on my thumb from it, but oh well. I don't feel like I have any control over it the other way.

Working with little kids on the spectrum, I have found that their control over the pencil and their general ability to write legibly improves if I let them figure out what sensory input they need from the pencil in order to be able to use it legibly.