How do you make a girl laugh?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

despaired
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2007, 7:25 am

Not expecting any real replies, just thinking how ridiculous it is that I have to ask that on an internet forum!

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 8:45 am

How many prostitutes does it take to screw in a light bulb?
two, but they have to be really really small.

A friend of mine said to me the other day... "I'm seeing spots." I asked him if he had seen a doctor.
He said: "No, just spots!"

laurs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2007, 9:31 am

i'm trying to think of what makes me laugh...

usually the only way to make me laugh is to have the same warped sense of humour as me. :)

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 10:06 am

Tickle her

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 10:24 am

Making NTs laugh by accident is a big problem for me.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 10:35 am

just act like an idiot

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 10:56 am

Just be yourself. If she likes you, you won't have to work as hard as you think. Trying too hard is what backfires.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:26 am

I have made girls laugh, but also bombed. The difference is I wasn't trying to crack jokes when I made them laugh. Don't try and be too high brow and sophisticated, what a lot of what people laugh at is just silliness rather than some type of 'humour'. If women really wanted someone with a good sense of humour then all the male comedians would be idolized and unavailable. However laughter is a great drug, it can create a euphoric feeling that is contagious. :D

I worked out if someone laughs at everything you say, it is a sure sign they like you...a bit too much!! ! 8O . You should think about getting a restraining order, for your own safety. :P

If you want to make people laugh you need to feel funny, if you don't feel light headed and jovial it can be really difficult to do. You need to create that energy somehow. I do it by pacing around thinking of amusing things. I also punch myself in the thighs, that works quite well.

You need to feel funny about the people you want to make laugh. I sort of have friends :wink: But each of them has an exaggerated version or alter ego in my head (I don't keep little raggy dolls of them in a shoe box that I play with :oops:)

If you can think if the person you want to make laugh loosing it, stealing a tank and going on the rampage flattening all the cars in her wake, you are doing ok. Though don't write a fake news report about it and send it to her like I did. :lol:

Take pleasure in bombing. Find your dud jokes amusing. Something can be really obscure and not quite work but you can turn it on it's head if you don't take yourself too seriously. You need to feel funny too, so why not have something for everyone.

Smiling is one of the only nonverbal communications I actually understand. It is essentially the basis for making people laugh, and apparently other things like flirting. I used to think I could not smile because I could not get my lips to go into that kind of shape. What I didn't realize is that if you are stressed and anxious the muscles in you face are all tensed up so you can't smile.

So what you do is scrunch up all the muscles in your face really tight like you are taking an epic dump :D Then let them slowly recoil into a smile, with out forcing it. Repeat this around 10x. Probably best do it in front of a mirror because it will be quite amusing in itself.

You might want have fun trying different smiles and smirks in front of the mirror. I never used to be sure when i was smiling. So if this is like you, you can make a face then turn to the mirror and see if it matches up with what you were feeling.

People don't always feel conformable laughing out loud or in a specific situation. They might laugh inside or cover their mouth with their hand. Don't feel bad if they are not hysterics over something you've said. You can't make anyone do something they don't want, especially if you want them to like you. What you can do is smile, smirk, make funny faces. You can make them smile and laugh just with this.:sunny: Probably, if this doesn't cause some feedback then you might not have chemistry or enough in common.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:28 am

I usually try to learn a little bit about her life, and try to make clever and funny observations about it.

Serves two benefits, I learn about her... and it shows that I'm interested in her as a person. Plus I'm trying to make it funny, so sometimes she'll laugh.

I'm not one to memorize jokes, and often my humor is far too strange to even register as comedy by others.

I'm also good at self-deprecating humor... which I think I'm able to pull off without losing confidence.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:31 am

0_equals_true wrote:
I worked out if someone laughs at everything you say, it is a sure sign they like you...a bit too much!! ! 8O . You should think about getting a restraining order, for your own safety. :P

That actually makes me uncomfortable. When someone laughs at everything I say or do, even when I'm not trying to be funny... or really saying something I think is funny... it makes me a tad uneasy. Like she's laugh just for my own benefit... or expects something of me in return.

Also if she laughs at the little stupid things that aren't really that funny, but doesn't laugh at the things I really put thought into... and that I think is clever... well something's wrong in this scenario.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:48 am

Pugly wrote:
That actually makes me uncomfortable. When someone laughs at everything I say or do, even when I'm not trying to be funny... or really saying something I think is funny... it makes me a tad uneasy. Like she's laugh just for my own benefit... or expects something of me in return.

Also if she laughs at the little stupid things that aren't really that funny, but doesn't laugh at the things I really put thought into... and that I think is clever... well something's wrong in this scenario.

My sentiment exactly.

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2007, 2:27 pm

I used to date a guy that always made me laugh. He used to make jokes on others, so I laugh.
it wasn't just that, he also had a great sense of humor and he liked my jokes.

sort30030
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2007, 2:07 am

I don't think it is ridiculous to ask on a forum. It is just another resource with potential benefits.

This might sound manipulative but you could try finding women online to chat with. The conversation is slower, giving you more time to think, and you can practice there. If they are enjoying the conversation, they won't leave. Try to think of some funny lines that you can use over again.

Practicing in person is also a good idea if you're not afraid of getting hurt and rejected.
Also your body image is important so try to be confident and cheerful and give the impression that you don't need the women you're wooing to make you happy. Try to make fun of the girl, especially her appearance, and exaggerate things to shock her. I think the best way to become funnier is to practice.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 7:37 am

I take my clothes off.

Locke
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2007, 10:21 am

First you have to decide what her sense of humor is. I am a very sarcastic person and my joke delivery is deadpan with a strait face. I have to be careful about that with my girlfriend, because she likes 'silly' humor.

I don't mean to make this seem less than it is, but NTs are actually more simple than us Aspies in the humor department. The witty, intellectual jokes go right over most of their heads. Sometimes it's best to just keep it simple.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 10:28 am

Tell bad jokes. Like really childish jokes with bad punchlines. Everyone loves terrible jokes. Well, I do anyway...