Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 11:17 pm

777 wrote:
The question was:
"Did Al Gore deserve to win the Nobel Prize for his work on global warming?"

My responses

Does no one see the correlation with the NWO and how Yasser Arafat, nephew of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, was awarded this mock Peace Prize. Apparently hating Jews is the most peaceful creed of all! To the new agers that is.

It's clear now, whoever accepts this prize, it has been tainted. The blood is on their hands, and their hands are tainted. If you accept a prize that Yasser Arafat received, you are making a mockery of democracy, truth, liberty, and even Jews themselves.

LSI is full of politically correct morons.

So, you're saying that we're all responsible for the downfall of the modern world?

Coool.

AspieMartian
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2007, 11:36 pm

Bopkasen wrote:
Icarus_Falling wrote:
Congratulations 777! You win...

Good fortune,

- Icarus owns over a billion carbon offset units...

I don't get it. :?:

I do. Funniest thing I've seen/read in awhile. Thanks, Icarus. You rock. Now I no longer feel like punching a wall over a certain other WP member for his insanely hateful, inexcusably misogynist rant in another thread.

To 777: I won't call you a "loony" as our esteemed WP mod has, but you could take it down a notch. The main issue I have with your attitude is you're being a sledgehammer about it. You just want to pummel and bully people and make them feel stupid if they don't agree with you. You're not intiating an open, rational discussion about the Nobel Peace Prize's history. I do think it's worthy for discussion, but I wouldn't want to discuss it with someone as one-sideed and inflammatory as you're coming across. You obviously have your mind made oup about Arafat, that all he could possibly be is evil, evil and nothing but evil. You seem to think that honoring him from some good he's done must ipso facto validate anything bad he's done as well.

That is an example fundamentalist thinking: everything's black and white, the world is nothing but dogma set in stone, and the "bad guys" are the ones not agreeing with you. The ONLY people who'll agree with that is other fundamentalist thinkers on your side on the bully pulpit. But honestly, fundamentalist thinkers scare the crap out of most rational folks. So I suspect that's why you're banned. PC or not, I guess that forum doesn't like being bullied around by fundamentalist thinkers who want to slam the door on open, rational discussion. And I don't blame them.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

23 Dec 2007, 12:04 am

AspieMartian wrote:
To 777: I won't call you a "loony" as our esteemed WP mod has, but you could take it down a notch.

Well, in Quatermass' defense, (since he did qualify the statement with "I'm not saying, however, that you do not have a firm grasp on reality") I am sure he was trying to convey the idea that he finds 777's ideas quite extreme and non-standard--which they are.

Everybody here has difficulties coming up with the right words sometimes, 777, so we can all understand that. Here's some suggested reading. :wink:

http://www.bartleby.com/59/3/youcancatchm.html

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 12:05 am

AspieMartian wrote:
Bopkasen wrote:
Icarus_Falling wrote:
Congratulations 777! You win...

Good fortune,

- Icarus owns over a billion carbon offset units...

I don't get it. :?:

I do. Funniest thing I've seen/read in awhile. Thanks, Icarus. You rock. Now I no longer feel like punching a wall over a certain other WP member for his insanely hateful, inexcusably misogynist rant in another thread.

Don't slot machines use more than three reels now?

AspieMartian wrote:
To 777: I won't call you a "loony" as our esteemed WP mod has, but you could take it down a notch.

Sorry, couldn't help it. I rarely see such a Quixotic and dogmatic nature that actually bemuses me.

AspieMartian wrote:
The main issue I have with your attitude is you're being a sledgehammer about it. You just want to pummel and bully people and make them feel stupid if they don't agree with you. You're not intiating an open, rational discussion about the Nobel Peace Prize's history. I do think it's worthy for discussion, but I wouldn't want to discuss it with someone as one-sideed and inflammatory as you're coming across. You obviously have your mind made oup about Arafat, that all he could possibly be is evil, evil and nothing but evil. You seem to think that honoring him from some good he's done must ipso facto validate anything bad he's done as well.

That is an example fundamentalist thinking: everything's black and white, the world is nothing but dogma set in stone, and the "bad guys" are the ones not agreeing with you. The ONLY people who'll agree with that is other fundamentalist thinkers on your side on the bully pulpit. But honestly, fundamentalist thinkers scare the crap out of most rational folks. So I suspect that's why you're banned. PC or not, I guess that forum doesn't like being bullied around by fundamentalist thinkers who want to slam the door on open, rational discussion. And I don't blame them.

I'm thinking of shifting this to the PPR forum. Personally, I think 777's arguments are so microcephalic in nature that they do not require an intelligent response, as said response will not be answered in kind.

On sabbatical...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 12:07 am

gwenevyn wrote:
AspieMartian wrote:

Well, in Quatermass' defense, (since he did qualify the statement with "I'm not saying, however, that you do not have a firm grasp on reality") I am sure he was trying to convey the idea that he finds 777's ideas quite extreme and non-standard--which they are.

*UNDERSTATEMENT ALERT.*

On sabbatical...

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

23 Dec 2007, 12:08 am

Quatermass wrote:
I'm thinking of shifting this to the PPR forum.

Gonna set the hounds loose on 'im, eh? :P

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 12:09 am

Dear Quartermass,
"Microcepalic" is quite simply one of the cleverest insults I have ever heard.
Just saying,
MissPickwickian