Ladies and gentlemen... the WrongPlanet writing showcase

Page 38 of 51 [ 803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 51  Next

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2014, 8:48 pm

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2014, 2:34 am

Here's a bit of a preview for the new Scourtney oneshot I'm working on:

?Hey, I ain?t exactly being the unreasonable one here right now?? I chuckle a bit, but stopped once she shot me a glare. ?I mean, I tolerate ya enough, right? Even with the whole distance thing, I just want ya to know that I support you through thick and thin, and that I?d be willing to do anything for ya? And to be honest, well, I really missed you, Court? It gets really lonely out here, so it?s always nice for me to have someone to talk to. You understand, right??

I noticed that the tightness of her facial expression loosened up a bit, as she cracked a small smile at me. I couldn?t help but smile back at her, because I knew I was finally getting through to her.

?I mean, we?re friends, right Courtney?? I continued on, still having her attention. ?So, you should feel comfortable telling me anything that?s been bugging ya, and not feeling all shy about it. Sometimes, it?s just good to let things out of your system, ya know? It?s not healthy to keep things bottled up all the time??

At this point, Courtney?s expression had become very soft, as her eyes soon drifted off of me and onto the floor. But she then looked back up at me, grinning warmly. ?Scott, I don?t think I?ve ever seen this side of you before? You?re acting all, sweet? All this time I?ve completely misjudged you.?

?Well, hey. There?s a lot of things you don?t know about me?? I laughed a little, rubbing the back of my head all bashful like. ?You?re embarrassing me? And look, I?m sorry about what happened earli-?

?No, Scott.? Courtney immediately corrected me. ?It?s my fault. I shouldn?t have tried to push you away when you were only trying to help? Like you said before, it?s my pride that blinds me from reality. I should?ve just been open with you from the very beginning and not give into my stubborn tendencies??

I noticed the frown returning to her face as she lowered her head at me, rather ashamed of the way that she had acted around me earlier. But she eyed me in confusion as I just sort of smiled at her. ?Well, it?s who you are. Nothing to feel all bad about? Besides, I kind of like it when you?re all moody like this.? I couldn?t help but tease her a bit, adding a playful wink in there. I saw her mood lighten up a bit, but was caught completely off guard once she threw her arms around me.

?Thanks, Scott?? Courtney softly spoke in my ear, and that alone with enough to send chills down my spin. I couldn?t deny it: I was madly in love with her, but I just had to face the facts on how we were never gonna work out? It?s a sad truth that I?ve gotta face.

After she broke away from me, we both just stood there all silently for a minute before I decided to continue our little discussion. ?Well, seems like it?s getting awfully late out. I don?t wanna just have ya walk back out in the dark like this, so I think it would be probably best if you stayed here for the night. I mean, if you?re alright with it, anyway? Either way, it?s up to you.?

?I like that idea.? Court happily nodded back at me in response, which instantly made me smile on the inside; my heart was just
melting at the very sight of her right now. She was just too perfect? But I knew I was never gonna have her.

?Well, anyway. Just make yourself at home.? I kindly offered, gesturing around the room. ?My place is yours. My parents ain?t exactly in town right now, so we pretty much have the whole place to ourselves.?

That?s when Courtney started looking long and hard at me over something, and I couldn?t help but get a little worried over it. ?Umm, is something wrong??

?It?s just?? she slowly began, once again avoiding eye contact with me. ?Why are you doing all this for me? I mean, I didn?t exactly treat you the best? If anything, I was a lousy friend to you. I just don?t think I?m very deserving of your kindness?? I could tell Courtney was feeling a little depressed again, as I just sort of stood there biting my lip looking like a total idiot; I knew I had to quickly think of something so I wouldn?t end up losing her again.

?Hey, don?t be all like that?? I assured her, lifting her chin up so I could get her to look me straight in the eyes. ?Like I said earlier, we?re friends. And how I?d be willing to do anything I can to help you out. Don?t doubt yourself anymore, Courtney. Because I know this ain?t the real you? You?re strong, independent, and the most intelligent person I know. And whatever happened, happened? Whatever this thing was that happened to ya, it?s not the end of the world? Every life has it?s fair share of obstacles, but ya just gotta saddle up and take a bull by the horns, if you get my gist??

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 8:56 am

purile and futile
but who am i to dash these fecund dreams
everyones leaves
leafs fall to the ground

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2014, 12:20 pm

I've been doing a bit of soul-searching, lately, about a blog I started this summer. I'm not sure how it will evolve, but I'm questioning my whole polemic approach to humor. The post I put put up yesterday isn't half-bad, I feel. About the only other article worth anything is "Bob Dylan Blues." Not sure whether I'll keep it going.

http://nostakeintheoutcome.net/2014/09/ ... hin-snaps/

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2014, 12:46 am

This is a poem I wrote in college last year called The Night.

The night,
Why do people fear it?
Such a haunting entity,
Full of darkness and mystery.
Is it the fear of the unknown,
That which can?t be seen,
That fear that pulls us down,
Crippling our very being.
Or even worse still,
Is it what we do know:
The demons that threaten our very will,
That haunt our past through and through.
Whatever it may be,
Whether seen or unseen,
There are also those who are,
Attracted strongly to the dark.
Oh night, what could it be,
That attracts so many souls to ye?
Is it the sheer feeling of mystery,
From you, the most unknown entity?
Maybe it?s the full moon at the midnight hour,
Shining its silver light full of eldritch power.
For this is when the children of the night,
Spread their leathery wings and take flight.
Living on in our fear and fascination,
These mystical creatures, born from imagination.
Personally, I am one with it, a son of the night,
Its seductive beauty, is my single true delight.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 5:36 am

This is what happens when you watch the Jar of Dirt remix on youtube on repeat.

Scott's Jar Of Dirt

Scott was sitting on the steps of the loser cabin, clutching something, quite odd and peculiar against his chest: a jar of dirt. He stared down through the glass of it intently, before smirking at it quietly to himself. And inside this jar of dirt is something quite important to me? He continued to have a ?moment? with it, until a certain CIT caught him in the act.

?Scott, what are you doing out here?? Courtney grimaced, trying her best to hide her feelings of disgust from what she saw: she had just walked outside of the loser cabin, and had interrupted Scott as he was in the middle of licking the jar? The brunette had always known that the dirt farmer was strange, but now this scenario had just intensified that idea for her even more. Regardless, she still tried her best to fake a smile, waiting for an answer from him.

?Oh, hey, Courtney!? the redhead spun around to greet her. ?Didn?t see ya! Check it out! I?ve gotta jar of dirt!?

Courtney just continued to stare back blankly at the ginger confused, before raising an eyebrow at him. ?Well, I can see that it?s a jar filled with dirt, but what I don?t really understand is why you?re making such a big deal about it? I mean, what?s the significance??

The devious dirt farmer just proceeded to look back up at her for a moment, before bursting out with laughter! ?Umm, heelllooo?! Babe, it?s a jar of freaking dirt!? Scott then held the object over his head proudly, shaking it around a bit.

?Umm, yes. I already know that?? she muttered awkwardly, rubbing her arm while she just continued to witness him shaking it around like crazy. ?I just want to know why it?s so special to you, is all? I mean, we are technically together now, Scott. I just want to learn everything I can about you??

?Well?? he started. ?It?s what?s inside that makes it so special??

?Really?? she smiled at him intriguingly. ?Well, what?s in it??

?Nuh-uh!? Scott exclaimed rather defensively, causing her to gasp at his quick reflexes; he clutched the jar of dirt even closer to him as he looked at her. ?I can?t say what?s in it, otherwise it won?t be special anymore??

?Oh, really now, Scott?? Courtney chuckled lightly. ?You can?t even be bothered to tell your own girlfriend? Frankly, I?m a little hurt. But I?m sure it wouldn?t hurt as much if I just took a quick, little peek?? The brunette reached a hand out to take the glass jar away from her future boyfriend, but to her shock and surprise, he just slapped her hand away.

?I already told ya, babe.? the farm boy replied back hastily. ?I can?t let ya see what?s in it??

At this point, the CIT was getting a bit annoyed with the secrecy surrounding the jar; she mainly blamed her stubbornness, and intense curiosity to know everything for getting her there. So, she just continued to stand there. Hovering above Scott, with her hands firmly placed on her hips. ?Really, Scott? You?re being unreasonable right now. I just want to know what?s in that stupid thing, but you won?t tell me!?

?Hey! My jar of dirt ain?t stupid!? he shot back as he stood up to face her. ?You?re just jealous cause I like it more than you!?

?Honestly, if what you just said to me is true, then I don?t even want to be your girlfriend!? she fumed angrily before storming off. ?Have fun with your dumb, little jar!?

Scott just glared at her backside as she stormed away, leaving him seething with rage on the inside. However, he soon managed to calm himself down, stroking the cold glass of the jar peacefully. ?Don?t worry, she?ll be back. She gets like this sometimes. And don?t worry?? She?ll never know about the secrets that you hold.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 5:40 pm

Galactic Hardships (poem)

Here's one thing to promise me.
Promise eye to eye we'll see,
so you know it's you that pain becomes.
You think you must be forced to succumb.
In reality, you try to heal too quick.
You end up torn by storms; they're thick.
Detrimental pain to which storms give birth.
You traveled to Venus; come back to Earth.

You're shattered by this atmosphere,
You're even unable to walk my dear,
because broken is your spine.
Gravity isn't always kind.
Crushing is your pain, it's true.
But moving on, it's up to you.
I live my life by what I say.
You hold on to pain; it never goes away.

Spaceship landed where you reside,
You can run but you can never hide.
The green guy will always sneak up
to force boulders in your plastic cup.
You are your own worst enemy.
By your choice; you don't have to be.
Pleasure and pain run and pain wins the race.
Too much goes into your mind for it's space.

Green guy's no one but you, you alien,
so throw yourself in the recycling bin.
You'd write yourself letters when you were young,
but now self hatred spews out your tongue.
You know yourself not, may the letter be sent?
This is the case of self abandonment.
You recycled yourself but the letter was burned.
Find yourself again; it's your turn.

Wizardfan713
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2015, 1:39 am

Here's some of my work on deviantart. I just wrote those poems a few minutes ago for some reason. http://wizardofages713.deviantart.com/ Also the short story is set in the same universe as my novel.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 5:28 pm

http://naamahcrossbones.deviantart.com/

This my deviant art account :)

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

18 Apr 2015, 9:08 pm

Just wrote this poem, it's to my friends and family in my current home, Washington state, it's for them to read upon my move to Los Angeles:

CONSIDER ME GONE
by Johnny Garfield

I came into your life one fine day
You saw me as the greatest angel out there

I've grown so much, I've come a long way
An upbeat person, something so rare

But now I've got to leave
My new life awaits me in L.A.

Please, don't cry or grieve
I may come back another day

But for now, consider me gone
Starting a new chapter for myself

It's a dream I've dwelled on
Please, don't try to pity yourself

Thanks for all the great times together
But I must leave for Los Angeles

No matter what happens, no matter what the weather
We'll see each other again, but now I must start my new life in this SoCal metropolis....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 12:04 pm

I wrote this a while back. It is an extract where my hero is is a leader called the DreamMaker. Its probably not as good as I thought at the time, so any comments are welcome. I want to start writing again, but look for directions.

The Beautiful Land

What could the dream achieve? Brian could not allow himself the indulgence often. Others had to test them and even then share the task. It was advanced Holography and each object or person in the dream nothing more than algorithms and polygons in a computer achieved the virtual reality. Yet the mind said they were reality. Techno hypnosis I suppose, perhaps the technology wouldn’t even be needed if the masses ha imagination. Perhaps they would have imagination if they didn’t have the dreams, but that was a risk the leaders had always preferred not take. So if the masses had imagination what would they do? Perhaps finding that if was the purpose of The Wall experiment.

Let me try another experiment, only this time not with real people. I’ll have to be very careful here, it could be dangerous. What do I want mostly? He asked himself every time and still came up with the same old answers, and for that matter the same questions. Men in general wanted awesome power, danger and the beautiful woman. What the beautiful woman would want was quite another thing. However, sumptuous luxury as history had often shown bought societies to another step near decay. War in History had often been the national sport and the winner took all.

It is plainly obvious our dreams have given the masses everything they could want, but that everything had been destructive. OK, I’ll give them the power and the woman, and maybe let the woman take her own part, but there will be restrictions. It will not be the ultimate do as you please scenario: if the restrictions are violated things will go terribly wrong, as if they haven’t already. There would be the moral law of right and wrong and religions have never been allowable, but let’s just play the game, this is a dream.

Brian found himself in a wooded countryside with no signs of human life. He had a solar rechargeable gun and a small bag round his waist. In the bag were a small amount of rations, a tiny computer and some medical supplies. Looking around he saw brilliant red berries, apples, but very small and hard, and acorns. That and the sun told him it was late summer.

A squirrel held a nut in its little paws munching contentedly, ignoring Brian’s presence. The quite suddenly it looked up and ran up a tree. The wood had become quiet, only a gentle breeze causing a rustle in the green leaves. Brian listened, not only with his ears but that inner part of himself as he did everyday in Cyberworld. Fright he thought. Flight and Fright with pumping adrenaline. Somebody is running from danger and it’s from that direction, south. He hid behind a mass of foliage waiting, as the fear grew stronger. Almost without any sound to betray her, a woman appeared breathing heavily, stooping for a moment to quieten her gasping. She was tall, her long blonde hair tied behind her head. Strong athletic and no doubt with some intellect, she wore a robe, torn stained, but once beautiful. Her face muscles were too taught to see her looks properly, but finely boned enough. Her enemy must be formidable.

Rushing out into the glade to help her might have led him into a trap, so Brian decided to wait. The woman had sunk trembling with exhaustion to her knees, but her will was not broken for a moment. He was still listening. This time it was it adrenaline rush, excitement, aggression and violence. The shouting of an ancient language he couldn’t quite catch, now running feet falling heavily on the soft floor of the wood. Taking care to remain hidden Brian set his gun to stun and held it ready. Warriors armed with swords, knives, clubs plus a few spears, hideous, huge men as tall as his own six and a half feet, but massively built, and tending to be overweight. The woman had picked herself up ready to run again, but fell, her muscles too stiff even to walk. The cruel faces leered as they as she looked, waiting for their first move. A very courageous young woman she was.

Brian waited for the warriors to form a tight pack then fired a continuous stream of light. The bronze weapons seared into their bodies from the heat of the ray. He had not accounted for the build up of heat from his weapon from his weapon, intended to be for short bursts. He would have to control his anger. The woman watched mystified as the men fell. She had glimpsed a bright light and her enemy was vanquished. She was still not at ease, evidently expecting more pursuers. Some fruit caught her attention and she ate greedily, the sugar would restore her energy.

Brian had wondered why his natural instincts had not allowed him to rush in and play the hero. Perhaps for the same reason the brutal warriors clearly respected her self-defence abilities and the feeling she might not be grateful as he would have hoped. She might not trust anyone and stunning her with the gun was not exactly what he had in mind.

She was a beauty, a princess of the blood, a monarch’s daughter who her enemy must catch at any cost. She had stopped eating to watch the reappearance of the squirrel, her face now relaxed. Yet Brian sensed she was still listening, always alert. Was she aware of his presence? He thought she had a suspicion of it. He must find a way to win her trust, to find out more about her and more to the point her enemy, which needless to say would be his own.

Now the fear had subsided he began to sense more of her true nature. Indeed she had an inner beauty, something more like transparency, unsullied by the brute nature of selfishness. She was aware as Brian stepped out into the glade, gun placed in his belt. He stood a distance away from her, letting her watch him, allowing her to weigh him in the balance. The he spoke with a gentle voice, “The warriors, are there more?” She thought for a moment then looked fearfully in the direction from which she came. “So, you have a language similar to mine princess. Then please understand they will be my enemies also, I have no doubt.”

She had a good measure of him, yet even so still did not completely trust his intentions. Brian looked a little hurt by this rejection. The she looked at him frowning a little and said, “You are good man, but not I think completely in reality.”

She has the measure of Cyberworld in me; it is more serious than I thought. He decided that to be truthful with such a discerning young woman was the only way. “I come from a place, perhaps in another time where reality is hard to know. My mission here is to find it.”

The young woman looked perplexed for a moment then replied, “Reality is all around you, what are you looking for?”

At that moment Brian looked to the south again. His awareness told him that the warriors had horses this time and there were more of them. There was no adrenaline rush, just a sense of power, greed and the hunter’s determination for the catch. His own adrenaline had begun to pump through his blood and the excitement caused by a possible coming conflict and the common cause with this beautiful young woman stirred up long buried feelings. “It’s time to go princess. They’ll be fast this time and not dull witted foot soldiers either.”

They ran through the trees, ducking under branches making it hard for any horsemen to follow to find a steep bank with protruding tree roots, which led to a stream. The woman stopped and smiled, “There must be a place to hide on the other side, there is a cliff farther down, I’m sure of it. The horsemen will not follow us.” They clambered down the bank and walked quickly downstream. A small waterfall prevented them from going further and the rock face next to it rose straight out of the rushing water. Fighting the current they held hands, supporting each other as they walked over the slippery rocks under the water until they were able to grip a hard outcrop of jutting granite. Covered by the tall trees of the wood climbed with renewed energy. The riders had entered to wood under the cover of trees, so they were still free from their sight. Brian continued to climb, but her strength had begun to fail her again. He pulled the young woman to the top and lifted her over the ledge.

“We’ve got away, aren’t you pleased,” she asked.

“Those men will recover soon enough with only burn scars. I set my weapon to stun, not kill. But that’s not my problem. The riders will know my weapon’s ability. They will not under estimate me. I would have preferred not to let the enemy know my strength.”

The woman looked at him carefully again. “You are not a warrior, how do you understand these things?”

“Where I come from we play power games with words and gestures. Nobody gets hurt, but we can limit each other lives at times. The tactics are the same.” Her suspicion had become more of an interest, but he was not ready to tell her about the dreams just yet.

“You are an artist, I think, a sensitive man too kind hearted to kill your enemy. Yet there is a ruthless streak in you, an enigma.” She stood up, “We must follow the sun.” They walked away from the site line of any warrior below. “I should like to see what you do. You are a private man, never saying much about yourself directly, always about your people, but your work would tell me everything.”

Brian turned away looking at the distant hills. The woman walked up close to face him. “What happened? You have courage, you were not afraid of the warriors, you have great strength of character, yet you live with a far deeper fear.”

Brian thought for a moment, “What is the deepest fear of mankind? Warriors are not afraid of death, yet they still have fear before battle. Sometimes death seems to be the easiest option fro many people.” He thought about the feelings of absolute terror the masses of Cyberworld suffered without dreams in the Punishment Block. “Perhaps man’s greatest fear is some kind of eternal madness. We look for happiness and fulfilment, we avoid problems if at all possible and then as a consequence have more fear within ourselves.”

“Are you avoiding something? The woman continued looking directly into his face.

Brian who had only been truly understood by one father figure found this deep questioning very difficult, and wondered why she didn’t talk about herself. Who was she? Perhaps it was easier to talk with somebody he didn’t know. “I have the responsibility to find answers for my people. Failure means something more terrible than I can understand.

She smiled slightly and said, the answer must be in yourself, but you avoid it.”

They had climbed a gentle slope, but the view at the top was outstanding with grass of the greenest hue, woods and distant hills. A hare stood up sniffing the air, the bounded down the hill. Brian was still listening, but the enemy was no longer nearby. They had stopped to catch their breath, Brian looking for signs of civilisation. “We have a story, nobody knows where from. It may never be spoken of, it may not be found in the records, yet somehow I know it has the answer for me, for all of us. There is a city far away, The Silver City where the people have discovered an answer to all these things. As you know we avoid our pain thinking that is happiness. As an artist person I know that pain is part of the creative process. It is in some way necessary to life. Yet these people in the city have in some way passed through all of that and live without sorrow. The place is full of light and there are no shadows. The light seems to have no particular source it is everywhere.”

“Yes,” she replied, “pain is part of life. It is when we face the pain and take it into our lives rather than avoid it we find the way to true happiness. The Silver City, shouldn’t that be in each one of us?”

Brian immediately thought of Julie. “Yes, but how?”

“If you think it is such a wonderful thing then why forbid it?”

He answered, “It means stepping over the line where we lose control of our destiny.”

The woman smiled again then looked far out to the distant hills. It seems to me you have already done that. It seems to me that you are trying to find it. Do you know what your destiny really is?”

The rolling landscape had given Brian not the slightest hint of human habitation. There was no smoke, no hint of a straight line to indicate a building and no signs of agriculture. “Are there any people? It must have been settled at one time, surely?”

“Yes, they lived over those hills.”

“But this land waits for people to live in it. Where have they gone?”

“This is my home,” she answered, “I am the Keeper. The people will return one day.”

“So that is why the warriors wanted you. If they capture you then the land is theirs.”

“They want more, much more. Their greed is insatiable.”

Brain carried on gazing at the landscape, watching the hills separate into layers as the sun lowered over them. Beautiful was simply not an adequate word for this land, or the woman.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 7:41 pm

A little thing I wrote:

The scent of the night club was something that I'd never thought I'd never smell from the booze to the weed filling the room. I never thought I'd see 24 years old. Ever since the death of my best friend that I was forced into ending his life I have changed like the seasons. Who I used to be is being eaten alive like a parasite inside me.

"Jared!" My aunt called my "name".

The rain fell upon me leaving me soaked. My clothes felt like they weighed more than my 142 pound body. I used to be heavier than that, but ever since the change happened food has become a foreign substance of pleasure.

"Jared! You're going to get sick! Come inside!" My aunt continued to shout at me.

As I walked up to her silently I let out a sigh. When I entered the door I walked right past Amber without even acknowledging her existence.

"Quit calling me that." I said with my back turned to her.

I turned my head as my eyes turned blood read and the purple and red dye in my hair left small stains on my face.

"My name is Adrien now." I said as my father sat on his ass talking to my uncle who had so much sugar in the tank, he reeked of it.

When my dad noticed me he stood up and walked up to me. He got on his knees like I was some kind of higher power.

"King Jared..."He started the sentence and I finished it.

"Is not my name." I said watching the raindrops slowly caress the windows.

Roman stood back up and looked into my eyes with sorrow and regret.

"Please don't leave! We will treat you like you've always deserved!" Roman said reaching out to touch my right shoulder.

Suddenly, as quick as I could, I grabbed his wrist and my body told me not to let go.

"No." I said holding on tighter.

I soon let go and saw the imprints from my fingernails on the neon blue veins of the inside of his wrist.

"I need to start my own life and move on. A 24 year old man living in his family's home is pathetic." I said turning around and staring at the front door.

Amber was crying and sobbing like she actually thinks that she can play the role and take the place of a mother figure.

"I'll make you a compromise. Keep this "Jared" person close to your heart. Keep his memory alive. At the same time let Adrien Licht his own life. You cannot delete the past, but you can type a new document for your future." I soon said those words as I walked outside of that excuse for a "home" with absolutely no regrets or sympathy for my "family" or whatever that feeling is.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

moknin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jun 2015, 8:45 pm

The sky is blue and the beach shines fair,

the children runs where calm waves fades.

And when you step into the rolling shore,

no wound'd be there to salt and cleanse.

The wind shall stroke where peppers sting sore,

And summer would warm the bleak prison chills.

And when you undress and immersed at last,

there won't be sights of gleaming scars,

as wave erases our distant past.

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Sarajiel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Sep 2015, 10:02 am

A couple of days ago I published the first novel of my four part series. Since it's a weird contemporary post-cyberpunk story I didn't really bother with a publisher and went straight to self-publishing. It's written in German and rather unlikely to ever see a complete English translation. I might do a kickstarter in case there are enough people asking for a translated version.

about the story

The story is roughly 216k words (728 pages in the paperback edition) long and tells the tale of a group of young people venturing into the internet and to a degree into the New Economy of the late 1990s. It's centered around Carl who becomes both internet entrepreneur and part of a group of commercial film pirates in the pre-P2P file-sharing era. His life seems to be one of dedication to his hobbies and businesses. He even meets his future wife during his activities. However one day he gets caught by the security team from one of the major film distributors. Instead of being arrested he gets an offer to save his girlfriend and himself from prosecution. During that time he notices that he is different from other people around him. While his whole world slowly turns upside down, he learns that there is a name for that state of being different. He learns that he has something called the Asperger-Syndrome.

bibliographic details

title: "p¡r@t€Z: downloading the internet wholesale"
author: "Jo L.L. Roger"

language: German

ISBN: 9783737563512
ASIN (amazon): B014PN8RWU

www.piratez.cc

WinterPerson
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2015, 5:42 pm

This is my poem.

Ode to the Great Pumpkin

Great Pumpkin, you are Halloween's answer
To Santa Claus.
I come to you with a request-
Restore innocence to all of us everywhere.

Although no one can see you,
You are visible in my and Linus' hearts.
I come to sing pumpkin carols
And revel in your runner-up status to the Easter Bunny.

My pumpkin patch is very sincere this year,
Demonstrating simplicity.
O Great Pumpkin, where are you?
I am hoping for your arrival on Halloween night,
Without any sign of hypocrisy.