Yes, he's a lunatic. 91%  91%  [ 31 ]
No, he is clearly right, repent you sinners! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
He has his beliefs and I respect them. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 34

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2007, 9:21 pm

Jack T Chick is the author of Chick Tracts, little comics that can be found in bathrooms, workplaces, etc.

He is one of the most paranoid, hateful, insane people to ever exist. Apparently, according to him, Dungeons and Dragons promotes and teaches witchcraft, rock music is a demonic tool of Satan and all non-fundamentalist christians are evil incarnate.

In his comics, all Christians are handsome, perfect, infalliable beings who can do no wrong. All Atheists are fat, ugly, balding people who will go into random, hysterical fits of rage at almost anything. Please, read a few of his tracts, they are an endless source of entertainment, even moreso when you realise he's serious.

His online reading:

http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist. ... .asp&wpp=a

My favourite tract, ''Big Daddy'':

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp

And the parody of Big Daddy which rips it to shreds:

http://www.facts4u.com/OffSite_Stored_P ... es/wyd.htm

Enjoy!

Last edited by DeanFoley on 28 Dec 2007, 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 9:36 pm

His comics are funny and that is all I care about. I am not fit to say that Chick is crazy, therefore I really can't vote, but he seems pretty misinformed.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 9:57 pm

He is a lunatic, and I respect him.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 10:00 pm

Reminds me of my horrific youth struggling to maintain base critical function in a baptist school. I can't respect him, nor his indoctrinating manipulative argument styles. He is an enemy of thought.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 2:28 am

I would just like to interject that this man does not speak for all Christians. He certainly does not speak for me.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Dec 2007, 5:35 am

Hadn't heard of him.

8)

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2007, 7:55 am

Orwell wrote:
I would just like to interject that this man does not speak for all Christians. He certainly does not speak for me.

Like I said, everyone hates him, including most Christians :D.

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2007, 2:15 pm

Hmmm...I can't get on his site anymore. I don't think it was took down though. Can anyone else get on it?

TheRani
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Dec 2007, 4:07 pm

Yeah, according to that guy, even if I quit playing D&D and listening to rock music, I'd still go to Hell anyway because I'm Catholic. And we apparently worship evil cookies. :roll:

Taimaat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2007, 5:06 pm

You have to admit though there is some truth to what he says though, I got into Satanism after playing role playing games for years. Of course according to him, just about everything is Satanic, so I guess if you followed his silly religion, you would have no fun. When I think about people like that, I think about over-emotional bi-polar types who do crazy things (like throw out everything they own) in hopes that it will fix their confusing emotional state.

Yes, you can also contact the "diabolical" entities during a catholic church service, I know because I've done it a couple times, I prayed silently an inverted variation of the our father (our daughter who art in hell) and I felt something.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 5:11 pm

Because of people like him, Fred Phelps, and Pat Robertson, I think the U.S. should ban religion.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Taimaat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2007, 6:36 pm

Just because some people follow a rigid rule-based dogma filled right-hand path religion doesn't mean it should be banned. This country was founded on separation of church and state, but considering the so called "mental health system" I do wonder how much of that is illusionary. We always had a lot of different religious sects from the more liberal and open-minded to the strictly conservative and dogmatic, but our founding fathers knew, and the people knew, that governmental authority needs to be separated from religion so that the religion could remain pure in its spiritual aims, instead of getting involved in temporal political affairs of nations and states.

Banning religion altogether however, is even worse than its involvement in politics. One only needs to look at disasters like communism to see the kind of places that leads (death, destruction, misery, and the suppression of the individual)

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 7:04 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Because of people like him, Fred Phelps, and Pat Robertson, I think the U.S. should ban religion.

Tim

We'd probably have a civil war.

Not only that, but I would consider all moral views to be theological anyway. It could be that I like to read weird thinkers, but honestly, all statements of "oughtness" are transcendent statements and the law is the ultimate statement of "ought". Any and all governments are effectively churches by that standard, enforcing the "true way" upon all underneath them and because of that they are a true source of oppression by imposing false morality, and being the false god.

I would argue first that we ban the state before we ban religion.... dang... I can get into really anarchist moods.

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2007, 10:59 am

Haha! Check out his paranoid ravings about the ''Islamic Invasion''...

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Islam is bringing England to its knees... :lol: Yes, Islam is VERY widespread in England...a whole 3.1% :lol: !

Deluded man...

Besides his interpretation of Muslims as evil being false, no religion is taking over England. Religion in England is plummeting!

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 3:36 pm

DeanFoley wrote:
Besides his interpretation of Muslims as evil being false, no religion is taking over England. Religion in England is plummeting!

It's not comparing like with like when it comes to Islam and Christianity. Most Muslims here belong to a different culture than the indigenous Christians, and the cohesion within that religion and culture gives them disproportionate political power. Moreover, they reproduce at twice the rate of non-muslims (linked to the cultural thing and aided by the tax I pay). They have profoundly changed this country, though you're probably too young to have noticed.

Last edited by ascan on 29 Dec 2007, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRani
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2007, 3:36 pm

Taimaat wrote:
Just because some people follow a rigid rule-based dogma filled right-hand path religion doesn't mean it should be banned.

Indeed. Some of us prefer rigid rule-based dogma-filled right-hand path religions like Catholicism because we Like structure and rules and rituals and are drawn to that style of worship. For those who can't stand change, it's a comfort to be a part of something that rarely changes with the times. It gives us a place to go where we can feel like we belong, and dissuades us from killing ourselves. In the unlikely event that religion is ever banned in the US, I would consider it worth moving to another country for.