What Do You Need or Use in Order to Sleep at Night?

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 1:48 am

Okay, all lights have to be off, no sound can be on through the house, even my alarm clock light has to be facing the other way. Must have a pillow on each side of me, and tons of weight on me, Have to have my biting pillow lol, idk i love the texture of it haha. Also need my pan, ok i use the handle to rub, for sensory haha, and the pan part for coldness so i can put on my forehead yea once again sensory haha. I also have to have the window open a smidgen, if thats a word haha, to breathe but not open wide, or the noises outside keep me awake. I also must need to have zest soap on my hands at night to smell while I sleep lool. My cats are nessacery also, yes i misspelled that nothing unusual there lol, my cats are a need because i use them for weight haha, shh dont tell them haha. Oh and my last but not least, which is the wierdest of them all lol, have to have a sleave on my right arm, and a sock on my right foot lool. Yea the last two is due to reynods syndrome, idk and some circulation disorder haha :roll: :lol: .

Anyways sorry for that loong mini story on how i sleep haha, now What does everybody else need or must have or use in order to sleep at night?

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 1:56 am

I find it interesting that while, yes, you did misspell "necessary," you still spelled "misspelled" correct, which (if I remember correctly) is one of the top 10 or 20 most misspelled words in the English language.

As for sleep, as long as I've had my anti-anxiety medication, I'm fine. If I haven't had it, then well, I just don't sleep. It's a pervasive form of anxiety that I'm not even aware of partaking in.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 1:59 am

Dark and quiet. Windy and/or rainy is good too.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 2:00 am

lastcrazyhorn wrote:
I find it interesting that while, yes, you did misspell "necessary," you still spelled "misspelled" correct, which (if I remember correctly) is one of the top 10 or 20 most misspelled words in the English language.

Hahaha, yea i know honestly, sometimes my brain can do it, i know inside me its going ... i think i can i think i can i think i can... and after awhile i usually get some words right hahaha.

ChloeK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2008, 2:38 am

I need my room to be dark, the house to be quiet, my chair to be blocking off the light from my mouse... I have trouble sleeping if my computer is off, though... and my earplugs.

And all my blankets to be arranged properly so I can nestle and not be half uncovered by the top sheet, why do they make those so annoying?

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 2:48 am

I have sleep apnea, so of course I have to use my CPAP machine to actually get any proper sleep. Took me a few weeks to get used to sleeping with that thing though.

As for being comfortable at all, I sleep with a body pillow that I hug and use to prop up my leg since I sleep on my side. Ive got to have that pillow between my legs or I just toss and turn all night attempting to get into a comfortable position. Also for as long as I can remember, I lay my head down with whatever ear I'm sleeping on folded closed, is that a normal thing to do? It seems odd to me but I have to do it anyways.

Oh, and Ive been sleeping with the same blanket for about 18 years now. I think I got it when I was 5, might have been earlier actually, Ive had it for as long as I can remember.

Last edited by eelektrik on 03 Jan 2008, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 2:49 am

ChloeK wrote:
I need my room to be dark, the house to be quiet, my chair to be blocking off the light from my mouse... I have trouble sleeping if my computer is off, though... and my earplugs.

And all my blankets to be arranged properly so I can nestle and not be half uncovered by the top sheet, why do they make those so annoying?

I don't use a top sheet. It's always cold and besides, it can't make it through the night with me. My dad's nickname for me is "rotisserie butt."

:roll:

Other than that, I mean, I can sleep in light, dark, loud, earthquakes . . . whatever.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 3:34 am

Lots of blankets because I'm always cold, and I like the weight.

If I really can't sleep I pop on Sigur Rós and take some Rescue Remedy, works well. Or a glass of red wine earlier if I think I'm going to have trouble sleeping.

Travinator
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2008, 3:55 am

As a child, I always had an active imagination so I would literally drop asleep from exhaustion. And, I always thought aliens were looking through my windows. As I got older into my teens and adolescence; it starting becoming frequently important that I had it really dark and quiet. In fact, my first wife hated the fact that I didn't like TV or music playing while trying to sleep, or the fact I always liked the lights off.

The darkness and TV thing even extended into the times I was living by myself, and into a second marriage. That spouse hated the fact I didn't like her leaving the TV on to doze off to. We had many arguments about that.

Strangely enough, through sheer practice I have learned to tolerate better sounds while trying to sleep, but I still like it really dark when attempting to go to bed.

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 5:13 am

3 Prozac and a nightlight. I also have to be warm (though not too hot) and it has to be quiet. It also helps if I don't have to be up early. When I need to be up early for work, I often struggle to get to sleep or keep waking during the night because I am scared to let myself fall into a deep sleep in case I don't hear my alarms in the morning.

flailure
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2008, 5:21 am

Very dark, 2 body pillows, doubled pillows for my head, no covers, nothing touching my skin except for my boxer briefs and the pillows, a fan blowing for noise - not necessarily for ventilation, and my back to my wife. I can't sleep well with my back exposed, unless utterly spent, and can't really sleep comfortably on my back.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 5:27 am

I need:
At least a sheet on top of me, and preferably a lot of blankets.

Pillows on either side of me. One under my head is not essential, and I will often fall asleep with my head under the pillow.

My alarm clock visible (it glows in the dark) on my bedside table.

My watch secure and within reach.

No glow-in-the-dark things visible apart from my clock and the stickers on my ceiling.

Curtains drawn.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 5:42 am

My room (I don't sleep that well when I'm not in my room).

I need:
A pillow (one will do)
a blanket with or without a sheet under it (a sheet by itself is too light for me barring the hottest of nights in summer)

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2008, 5:48 am

Some benadryl, really dark (some background light from hallway or alarm clock is OK, if it's not directly visible), and cool to cold (just not warm or hot)

tonyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2008, 7:42 am

Seroquel - low dose - about 1/2 to 1 1/2 tablets (maximum of 2) Seroquel 25mg tablets. Seroquel = quetiapine. I also can't go to sleep if at all hungry (I'm not overweight).

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 7:42 am

I just watch a dvd or read a book until I'm almost asleep then walk into the bedroom with my eyes shut - hopefully I'll drop off.