What Do You Need or Use in Order to Sleep at Night?

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2009, 11:31 pm

Sound:

Since I live in South Carolina, I sleep with the air conditioner on for much of the year, but when I don't, I have a sound generating alarm clock which plays the sound of ocean waves and babbling brooks which I use instead.

As long as noise is being made by someone I trust or is perceived by me to be "safe", oddly enough I can sleep through almost anything.

Light:

I'm a night person, so I'm used to sleeping with light. As a child-teen, I used to insist on leaving the lights on.

Pillows/Bedding:

Part of the night I sleep on my back, then I roll over on my side so I use one full body pillow, a giant polyfill neck pillow that I share with my husband, plus a small square memory foam pillow that I use under my neck (or a backup flax seed pillow). Then for most of the year I use a sheet, plus a light comforter at the foot of the ned to exert pleasing pressure on the feet.

Sleep Aids:

If I'm going through a period of allergy sensitivity my nightly Zyrtec antihistamine pill helps me get to sleep faster (or other over the counter antihistamines like Benadryl/Diphenhydramine or Unisom/Doxylamine succinate). If not, I take 1/4 of a tablet of melatonin which I find works best of all.

Other:

I like either a hot shower or a hot bath before bedtime whenever possible. I actually enjoy sleeping with my hair slightly damp.

INTJ.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 5:33 am

Haha a pan? Cool.

Oh damn this thread's kind of old, but really interesting. Mine is so boring though. XD;

Uuuh: pillow between the knees (cuz otherwise my leg gets all, you know, the restless legs thing) and nooooooooooo sheets. I haaate sheets, all they do is get tangled. XD;; One or two blankets is fine. All wrapped around me like a burrito, no breezes getting in. Except my face, I need a perfect face-hole so my breath doesn't warm up the air around my face. (No air conditioning though, that's my least fav, ew.)

Then I wiggle like a mofo for a while and after that I'm good to go. Zzzz

edit: Oh yeah, and a mouth guard thing because I grind my teeth in my sleep. ):

Last edited by wigglyspider on 18 Aug 2009, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarafina7
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2009, 8:05 am

I need the room to be dark (although if I'm tired enough I'll fall asleep with the lights on); a blanket that has some heaviness to it; and my stuffed animals - I sleep with one under my head and one in my arms.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 10:12 am

I actually hav eno idea, despite being a fairly bad sleeper. There are few patterns. I used to have to do a certain ritual, that was more like a compusion cause I repeated it so many tiems it was actually impairing me, of having to check everything (alarm clock, locks, etc.) before going to sleep. I can't even say I need no sound, because while this may be true, I will eventually sleep for a few hours even if there's some sound (eg. someone else playing music). My floor is like a disco, many wardmates playing loud music, and I've given up on complaining every night cause I am generally the one being told off.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 10:19 am

A blanket, sheet and pillow.

ruveyn