Do You Vascillate Between Scaring People and

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 9:57 am

attracting them? I get that a LOT. I attract them and then need to repel them. Sometimes I have to really SCARE them <BOO!!> to get them off my back.

That ever happen to you?

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Location: Flatting thirds, fifths, and sevenths for over 20 years

06 Jan 2008, 1:03 pm

I cultivate the uneasiness my AS causes in people as a defense mechanism to keep the casual observer from bothering me so much. And yet, I know just what you are talking about. Sometimes people latch on to me and just won't let go. Then I turn it up a notch or two, and they run for the hills. So, yeah, it does.

Cool post. Thanks.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 1:17 pm

I tend to scare them without even trying. :lol: :lol:

tmad40blue
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2008, 1:24 pm

What do you guys mean by "attracting"? :shrug:

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 1:44 pm

You are to them, like honey to a bear. They will feed off your energy - because they need a fix - they need to get *high* off the charge. They look for an opening to get inside your skin, and if they manage to get in, might take up residence, and do their utmost in making your life a living hell. It's aka overstepping boundaries, infiltrating barriers, renting space in your head etc.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 4:17 pm

Absolutely!

The attraction/repulsion thing has always been part of my life. I used to think it was the androgyny, men would be attracted to my femaleness but repulsed by my maleness. But now, I think it's something different.

"You are to them, like honey to a bear. They will feed off your energy - because they need a fix - they need to get *high* off the charge."

Yes, there's definitely a feeding process going on and it's not me getting a feed. NTs do get like a 'drug' high from being around people so it may be that they get extra high around us.

"They look for an opening to get inside your skin, and if they manage to get in, might take up residence, and do their utmost in making your life a living hell. It's aka overstepping boundaries, infiltrating barriers, renting space in your head etc."

yes I've just had this experience AGAIN. A 'friend' tried to become me yet again (my 'friends' seem to want to do that). She had the whole 'you am I' thing going on (in her head, not in mine). very much a boundary overstepper. wanted to take up space in my brain with her problems and schemes. had to get rid of her.

I also wonder if it's a 'healing' thing their after. They get well or weller being around us. draining us of some vital energy.

Last edited by Postperson on 06 Jan 2008, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aoife
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jan 2008, 4:25 pm

It seems that I am always trying to either get attention (good) or peel people (/jerks) off me.

...[T]here's nothing in the world more unpredictable than people...logic and order don't really exist in human emotions.
--Jan Hartman

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 7:38 pm

My whole life, either they adore me or want me dead.