Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 12:52 am

I consciously steal traits and mannerisms from characters I like. Most of my personality was assembled in this fashion.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 12:58 am

I do all of this a lot, too. Trust me, you're not the only one! :wink:

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 1:05 am

I should start wearing a wolf mask and acting like Oki. :D

MaybeorNot
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jan 2008, 5:03 am

I do become engrossed in various stories, whether in books or in movies, and see the story unfolding in my imagination, like a movie. Better yet (is it?) are movies based on books or books based on movies, for example, Lord of the Rings, where I really can see it happening.

I am also a fan of fan-fiction, especially related to Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, after all, who wouldn't want to write about journeying to other worlds, if not galaxies, because I reckon this one's on the serious down turn!

In private, I do imagine myself as some characters, but obviously, in public, moving down the street, like you're giving covering fire is kinda frowned upon! (not that I've ever done that!)

Sifr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2008, 7:02 am

I think i do this unconsciously. After I act, I reflect and wonder "Did I actually just do/say that?"

When I was a child, I used to fantasize of being like Venom or Carnage: to have a personal symbiote. Now, I can't stand fiction stories. I did like the SAW series as I felt I could relate to the main character. After the movie ended, the people grunted disapprovingly and I just wanted to scream "You, people, do YOU not get IT?!?"

whitedragon
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2008, 12:07 pm

I don't know about visual stuff but I often imagine my own face to be that of the character in the film or manga I'm engrossed in at the time, consequently catching myself by surprise when I see my own face in the mirror. The same can happen with the face of someone I'm talking to for a while.

[I edited out the related content to create a new thread because I have a question which is a bit of digression from this topic]

I also mimic the way ppl act without really trying to or wanting to. For a short period of time I couldn't stop talking the way Heather talked whenever I spoke English.

BTW Berserker your Okikurumi looks cool.

Last edited by whitedragon on 08 Jan 2008, 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Azharia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2008, 2:37 pm

Books, TV, I'll do this with anything. I actually usually find myself another character IN the story, not one already there though

Merriweather18
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2008, 2:52 pm

I find that when I really get into a book, I begin to think in the author's prose style. Especially if I read several books by the same author in a row. It was absolutely maddening when I was reading Frank McCourt, but really fun when I was reading Tom Robbins!