Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Alleinunterhalter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2013, 10:56 am

Oh s**t, I always thought I wear stuff "a little" longer than usual.... Typically about two to three weeks for trousers and t-shirts. About 1.5 weeks for socks and one week for underware. I wash my bed linen about once every two to three month. Towels get washed maybe every 6 weeks. I'm very sensitive to smell, but not to my own, it seems. When I do wash my stuff, I try to wash it in the evening so that it can dry overnight and I can wear it again the next day.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 4:50 pm

If I'm not going anywhere and/or interacting with anyone, I'll wear the same thing until it becomes uncomfortable.
Which is actually most of the time, I live alone and have no social life, and I don't work. I'm a bit of a recluse.
It saves money on laundry expenses.

Diagnosed in 2005

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 12:45 pm

I live alone and only go out once each week for marketing. Even though I have a lot of clothes (leftovers from my years of trying to fake it as an NT), these days I have 2-3 sets of sweatpants and sweatshirts that I wear while at home. I change them out every couple of days, and run a load of laundry once or twice each week. In my living situation, changing clothes daily would serve little purpose, and hence I consider it illogical and do not do it.

la832
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2013, 1:30 pm

I wear something different to work everyday, but wear the same thing afterwards (usually sweats). I do wash my clothes once a week. It has been mentioned to me about wearing something different, but I guess I never "got it".

kizzyDeSilva
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Mar 2014, 3:42 pm

I think it is more important to change all cotton clothes every day - if you dont wash very often - than it is to wash every day and wear the same unwashed cotton clothes. Just a thought.

pete42
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2014, 5:05 am

I generally have a favourite outfit which i wear almost all the time until it really starts to look tatty. It starts out as the optimal combination of comfort, practicality, and smartness - why would I wear my second most comfortable/practical outfit if the first choice is available?

I bath and wear clean underwear / vest / socks etc everyday, and wash the main outfit at least once a week, so I think I'm reasonably smell free, but I'm sure people notice I'm always wearing the same thing.

MissQ
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2014, 8:05 am

ZiiP wrote:
.... Take for example homeless people or severe alcoholists; noone ever comments verbally on their smell!

I do.
:roll:

I change my clothes every day - for appearances-sake only... MUST appear normal to the NTs I work for. :roll:
That said, I do laundry about every two weeks. I don't wash clothes unless they are actually dirty. I don't get dirty and I don't sweat, so clothes get washed, more or less, to get them back into shape.

I don't think showering every day is healthy. Most people go out with wet hair, or open pours after a nice hot shower and then wonder why they get sick.
I'll keep my germs, and you can keep yours!
8)

AQ: 46

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2014, 8:25 am

The climate where I live is hot and humid, so showering every day is a necessity. I change the clothes I wear at home every day.

As for clothes I wear out, I have a calendar where I keep track of how many times I have worn something, and a clothes rack where I hang clothes that I have worn out but are not ready to wash yet, I wash whites after every wear, and non-whites after every 3 wears. Got this rule off a website - need a rule to follow or I will never remember to wash anything and my clothes rack will be bursting!

Sashiku

24 Mar 2014, 11:53 am

Why change everyday? I mean, If Its hot and I'm sweaty, sure I'll change. But especially in winter I'll wear one set of clothing for around 2-3 days, depending on if I have class. I always wear different outfits when I have class.