Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Juliusanime231
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2008, 9:00 pm

I started to watch G4 TV in May 2005 (I stoped watching it when they started to add more non-related shows on it) and I remembered it having more shows about video games than shows that eather don't belong on there and/or shows that were/are on a crapload of channels.

G4 TV Tried to bring Icons and Filter back but the new episodes were mostly about pop culture crap.

So yea, there are some shows like Braniac and Ninja Warrior that are ok. Ninja Warrior was a alright show but then it got boaring for me once G4TV started to air it alot.

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2008, 9:21 pm

Let's not forget they used to show some great anime on their Anime Unleashed block. Man, I miss those shows. Last Exile, Silent Mobius, Boogiepop Phantom, and Serial Experiments Lain were some of the best anime I ever watched.

Juliusanime231
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2008, 9:35 pm

rocklobster wrote:
Let's not forget they used to show some great anime on their Anime Unleashed block. Man, I miss those shows. Last Exile, Silent Mobius, Boogiepop Phantom, and Serial Experiments Lain were some of the best anime I ever watched.
Yes, the Anime Unleashed block was cool untill G4 decided to take it off.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 1:33 am

They need to put Happy Tree Friends back on. I just recently got into it, and I've missed my chance being able to see it on TV. I have to rely on episodes people have posted online instead.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 11:06 am

I started watching when they merged with TechTV. It was OK, but then they got rid of Anime Unleashed. And then it turned into a SpikeTV clone (It still had "XPlay" and they added "Arrested Development" reruns and "Ninja Warrior", but i mean"Cheaters"?
"Cops"? "The Man Show"? Come. On. They also turned "Icons" into a pop culture show. The only one I watched after that was the Kevin Smith episode, which didn't tell me anything I didn't already know)

For anyone else who wants to watch Last Exile, it's on at 8:30 M-W on a channel called AZN. They're like three or four episodes in right now. I own it on DVD, but just so anyone wants to know, it's still running somewhere.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 9:30 am

they actually HAD good shows?

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 9:58 am

jamesohgoodie wrote:
they actually HAD good shows?

yes, way back when. When they were G4TechTV after they bought Tech TV (which was a much better channel). And they were good for a while until it was reformated into the channel it is now ("Ninja Warrior"'s pretty good, but i still miss "Anime Unleashed" and all the other cool stuff TechTV had on it)

alex
Developer
Developer

18 Jan 2008, 10:09 am

TechTV went down the tubes the minute Comcast's crappy G4 "channel" bought them. I remember the good old days when Martin Sargent was still on the screen savers with Leo Laporte and Kevin Rose.

Comcast decided to fire techtv's most popular personalities and destroy its best shows. They reinvented TSS as "Attack of the Show" (which sucked) before finally axing it.

tmad40blue
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2008, 9:47 pm

Whatever happened to Cinematech? That had some of the best indie 3D animation that I've ever seen.

...I guess 3D animation has its own indie genre now XD

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 5:04 pm

Cinematech is one of the very few original G4 shows that survived the "men's channel" rebranding (the only other being "Cheat!", as "Filter" and "Icons" were turned into pop culture shows, then axed. Ironically, the original "Icons" - rebranded as "Game Makers" - are still shown). It's on at like 1 in the morning (EST).

"Attack of the Show" is alright. It's not as good as "The Screen Savers" or "Call for Help" or "Unscrewed with Martin Sargent", but it gets the job done. I also hate the new "X-Play". They've basically turned it into a 22-minute version of G4 circa two or three years ago. They now only have one or two reviews per show. Stupid. "The Electric Playground" is now exclusive to the website (although i think it's become redundant as "X-Play" has now basically become "The Electric Playground but with reviews"). Sigh.

Martin Sargent had a podcast called Infected for quite some time that was basically the same thing that "Unscrewed" was. He now does another one that's not as good. There is still a G4TechTV Canada that does still feature new versions of old Tech TV shows, and some of the video gamed oriented G4 shows.

"Ninja Warrior"/"Sasuke"/"Konouchi" (sp?) is still really awesome.

Slipperman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2008, 10:41 am

I agree "X-Play" has gone down the tubes...but not so much because of its new format. I'm just really upset that Morgan Webb's married now :cry: :x

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 10:59 am

I liked G4 when it was called Tech TV. I don't watch it anymore.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 4:40 pm

G4 never had any good shows. Tech TV was better in every way, and then they bought them and gutted them. Everything G4 touches turns to crap.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 12:04 am

I liked TechTv much more than G4techtv or G4 they actually had smart shows that were interesting to watch like that invention show(I forgot the name it's been so long) the the experimental 3D animation show "eyedrops" which they aired late at night and above all anime unleashed and the original X-play. G4 did bring some interesting shows like Brainiac and others, but they have slowly replaced those with old re-runs of cancelled shows from other networks.
It's a shame they let the network go so far downhill as it did.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 6:09 am

G4 sucks ass!

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 8:53 am

eelektrik wrote:
G4 never had any good shows. Tech TV was better in every way, and then they bought them and gutted them. Everything G4 touches turns to crap.

They have "Arrested Development" reruns, but I own all the DVDs. I hate when they rerun crap like "Cops" or "Cheaters".

Sometimes "Attack of the Show" has something interesting, or they have some sort of special, but they've rebranded it too many times. It's also now the lowest rated channel in American cable history. Their highest rated show ("X-Play", which is extremely ironic because its the only Tech TV show left and the only show left somewhat intact from the all-games G4) gets something like a 0.5, and its overall average rating is a 0.1. No, really.