Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2008, 9:00 am

Just out of curiousity here... I have always held a pen/pencil between the ring finger and middle finger, to the point where I have a callous on the ring finger..No one writes quite like I do, it is with both cursive and printing style..A dear friend who has aspie traits along with aspie children also holds her pen this way, and she mentioned no one else holds it that way either....So, with the normal way of between the middle and index finger vs. my way of the ring-middle finger, exactly how do you hold your pen?Thanks for your replies...

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 9:24 am

Extremely tightly... in the regular fashion.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 11:26 am

With the typical left-handed grip..xcept I don't curve my wrist around all that much...i ahve awful penmanship...it is almost like I don't have complete control of my pen half the time.

ps1r3n
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jan 2008, 11:37 am

I think I hold it 'normally' but always have comments of 'oooo don't you write funny?' because I'm a leftie and do that upside down kinda thing. As far as fingers go, I think I hold it the way most people do. I can't write for long though, my arm gets tired. I blame computers, I can type way better than write by hand. I also can't write on plain paper, it has to be lined or my writing goes down at the end of the lines. The left side of the paragraph is half the size of the right :?

Katou
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2008, 11:41 am

I'll have to admit that I hold my pen a non-standard way.. And for once I thought, I was the only one holding my writing instrument between the ring/middle finger!

Although, my penmanship now.. Many people think I have the penmanship of a teen-aged girl.

shaggydaddy
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jan 2008, 1:06 pm

I hold a pen close to the "regular" way, but I am extremly dysfunctional with a Pen and opt for a keyboard 99.9% of the time.

SirJoseph
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2008, 2:29 pm

ha! i hold it between the ring and middle finger. i write small and i dont write in cursive but my letter kinda flow together