Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 8:11 pm

i'm a huge comic fan, but i feel i must register my hatred for Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada. it's bad enough he gets rid of all the mutants in X-Men and freaking KILLS Captain America, but totally retconning Spiderman and Mary Jane's entire marriage just goes too far. He's taking whatever the basic core is of Marvel's biggest titles and stripping it away. he must be stopped.

any other comic book fans here who agree with me?

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 8:20 pm

Well, as someone pointed out somewhere, this is hardly Aunt May's first trip through Retconland - if they ever decide to correct course, she could start to wonder about things like why no one remembers who Spider-Man is (Joe Q says that Spidey did indeed unmask during the Civil War plotline, but no one can remember his face any more - "It's magic!"), start looking into the situation (possibly with the help of someone like Dr. Strange) - and then march up to Peter, slap his face, and demand to know why in the world he traded happiness for the life of one old woman, especially by making a deal with the Devil!

And if this ever becomes the storyline, I'll buy two copies of each issue, as opposed to my current none...