Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 8:36 pm

riverotter wrote:
TheMidnightJudge wrote:
Can anyone else relate to this?

LOL Yes-I'm a starer- there is no hiding this.
I used to stare at peoples' chest area or crotch when I was talking to them. Then suddenly I realized (in college) that this bothered people and I switched to staring them directly in the eyes, or staring at their mouths as they speak.
This is probably only slightly less creepy.
I stare at different body parts for every person I know, not one of them at the eyes :P

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 10:24 pm

Catalyst wrote:
Don't you hate that?

I look back and I see women that I creeped out, and I still can't even say why exactly. (I get the rough details, but not the fine points that make them make sense... i.e., my jokes weren't taken as jokes, but I don't know why other people make the same jokes and not get seen as creepy.)

The other one is looking back and realising that there were very cute women practically throwing themselves at me, and I just missed it.

Then there's all the times where I look back and see that I was a fool, a jerk, or an utter obscenity. The good news is that I think NTs do this to. Something to do with adulthood, from what I understand.

I know exactly how you feel.
As for humor, it's all about timing and context. A tricky business really...

stevechoi
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2008, 9:52 pm

We're too socially ret*d to be stalkers. We're more like stalkers, from a distance.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:15 pm

some things I've noticed about staring.

If you're looking at a woman, and she suddenly goes blank in the face, starts staring at anything but your general direction, you might be creepin'

If you're talking to a woman, and she suddenly pulls her shirt/blouse/skirt closed around her neck, she thinks you're looking down her shirt. Some women don't even know they're doing it.

Hope that helps.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:27 pm

I think a lot of times, the word, "stalker" is just another code word for "person I find creepy" or "dude I don't like". How many times have you heard of an accused stalker being a handsome, socially charming person? The stereo-type is always of the weird loner who can't make friends and we aspies fit it to a tee.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 12:30 am

I have stared as wel

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 10:09 am

Liverbird wrote:
We tend to be so hyperfocused and over zealous about things, I think that we can look like stalkers on occasion.

I agree. some times we do look like that.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 2:45 pm

Well, I don't know of anyone I've creeped out, they've all seemed rather amused with the idea...

I call it data-mining :twisted:

And I do it from afar.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 3:41 pm

We stare because we care...

What a slogan

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

23 Jan 2008, 4:44 pm

I tend to notice and correlate subtle details, which often gives me the uncanny appearance of knowing things about people that I should not know, or am not supposed to know, or whatever. If I find someone interesting, I typically can't help but actively research them, using any clues they overtly or inadvertently might give me to lead me to other info.

Yes, I've creeped people out, even scared a few, with this predilection; all I'm really trying to do is just dazzle them with my uncanny acumen. And if I get any sense that I'm putting someone off, I retreat rather quickly; I do worry about being mistaken for a stalker, especially in this day and age, especially being male.

I've found a few who actually seem to enjoy the notion of me "stalking" them, and interesting games ensue; but such people are rare, it seems. I've also had a few [female] stalkers in my time; I've found the notion quite flattering.

Good fortune,

- Icarus is just naturally curious...

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 5:41 pm

stop stalking me :x

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2008, 5:56 pm

I know what you mean. Anyway no we are not stalkers, we just get a little fixated at times. I'm like this it scares me, I feel like the guy in the film One Hour Photo. Its so difficult to lead my own life I obsess about somebody elses. I could never frighten or upset anyone, therefore we are not stalkers. Don't worry.

mel01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2008, 5:44 am

stevechoi wrote:
We're too socially ret*d to be stalkers. We're more like stalkers, from a distance.
this just made my day what an apt quote :lol:

yobr0cakes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Apr 2008, 9:42 am

ha yeah... i liked a guy who was mormon in high school. i used to get really excited when i saw him in the hall and sometimes i'd sit with him at lunch if no one good had the same lunch as me. he never really spoke up about it, but his friends did. i'd be driving home from school and his friend matt would drive past me and scream "STALKER!" yeah, cause i was stalking him and all. i don't think sitting with someone at lunch on occasion is stalking.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2008, 10:19 am

Never been called this by anyone but myself, but I get the feeling that I come on to strong.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 10:51 am

I had a bad dream last night in which I was considered a stalker.

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren