Has a Woman Ever Said Yes When You Asked Her Out on a Date?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Has a woman ever said yes when you asked her out on a date?
Yes 52%  52%  [ 32 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
Never asked before 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 61

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 11:24 am

Four. One of them was lying.

LVBen
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2008, 6:04 pm

Probably more "no"s than "yes"es. Now that I'm 27, I think I've finally learned how to read conversations and steer them to the point where I ask and get "yes"es with greater frequency. Probably the most important thing I have learned recently is to ask "do you have a boyfriend?" If she says "no", then it will help lead you up to asking her out and you've probably got a really good chance at getting a yes if you do ask her out. Oh, and if she responds with "I'm married" then she doesn't want to go on dates, but she might be willing to go back to your pad and have sex with you.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 1:13 pm

"If a woman has a tongue ring, she'll probably suck your dick.

If a man has a tongue ring, he'll probably suck your dick."

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 4:59 pm

LVBen wrote:
Probably more "no"s than "yes"es. Now that I'm 27, I think I've finally learned how to read conversations and steer them to the point where I ask and get "yes"es with greater frequency. Probably the most important thing I have learned recently is to ask "do you have a boyfriend?" If she says "no", then it will help lead you up to asking her out and you've probably got a really good chance at getting a yes if you do ask her out. Oh, and if she responds with "I'm married" then she doesn't want to go on dates, but she might be willing to go back to your pad and have sex with you.

There's no need to ask her 'do you have a boyfriend' directly , just have a good conversation with her and if she has really a bf or not interested in you she would mention the word 'my boyfriend' in her conversation even if she hasn't a boyfriend. It's a well-known strategy used by almost all girls of the human population.

LVBen
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2008, 6:02 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
LVBen wrote:

There's no need to ask her 'do you have a boyfriend' directly , just have a good conversation with her and if she has really a bf or not interested in you she would mention the word 'my boyfriend' in her conversation even if she hasn't a boyfriend. It's a well-known strategy used by almost all girls of the human population.

I'd rather ask "Are you single?" or "Do you have a boyfriend?" than wait for her to say if she has a boyfriend or is single, because she might not ever say it if you don't ask because maybe your conversation will get cut off by some distraction or maybe she wasn't even considering that you might ask her out. Also, it is an awesome lead-up question to actually asking her out. It makes the conversation flow and makes it seem natural instead of just abruptly asking her out in the middle of talking about something completely related. Plus, if she says "no, I don't have a boyfriend" it gives a little boost of encouragement and can make you more confident when you do ask.

Sovemp
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2008, 6:30 pm

LVBen wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
LVBen wrote:

I'd rather ask "Are you single?" or "Do you have a boyfriend?" than wait for her to say if she has a boyfriend or is single, because she might not ever say it if you don't ask because maybe your conversation will get cut off by some distraction or maybe she wasn't even considering that you might ask her out. Also, it is an awesome lead-up question to actually asking her out. It makes the conversation flow and makes it seem natural instead of just abruptly asking her out in the middle of talking about something completely related. Plus, if she says "no, I don't have a boyfriend" it gives a little boost of encouragement and can make you more confident when you do ask.

For some reason I just can't bring myself to do this. I mean, logically I understand the value of this, because if she doesn't like you she can just say yes, and has an easy out without hurting your feelings, but I just can't help but feel like I'm being really intrusive.

As for asking girls out, I'm 0/2. I have been on one date, though, but she asked me.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 6:39 pm

Yes. Both times I officially asked a girl out, they said yes.

It didn't ever actually happen in either case due to timing.

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2008, 10:15 pm

Yes I got a definate yes, but the time the date was going ot happne she stood me up never accepted my calls asking what was going on or anything.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 11:16 pm

I chose yes.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

WildMan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2008, 11:44 pm

LVBen wrote:

Hey, you're in Vegas too? How many other Las Vegans are out there?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 11:56 pm

Getting a yes is less of a problem than actually keeping the interest once they can see that I'm different (the reasons for that are too abstract to really pin down either - seems the only solution is holding back till I get to know someone and hoping I can meet someone who believes in doing that themselves, which I'm well aware is a long-shot).

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 10:27 am

10 never asked, you must be having a bubble mate. Let me get this straight…, You never asked out a girl. Most of you guys must be under 21 or do not care about the dating scene. It is simple, if you do care about dating, it is simple you ask a girl out. She might say not, she might even react very negatively towards you asking her out, if she does then it is no fault of your own. If dating were so easy that you would not face rejection, then you would not have aspergers syndrome.

One approach works is to trivialise asking the woman out.

This is a polar opposite;
One episode of Torchwood( Doctor Who) spin-off. One guy virtually proposed to a woman who he has not previously flirted with, or know of his interest in her. She responded by shouting” THIS IS NOT APPROPRIATE, I am engaged with xxx and even if I was you are not my type!! !”. Knowingly sent the guy into a nervous wreck, never to as a woman out again.

Sometime I ask out one of my work mates, 40% tong in tongue check. She always says no, as she know I am not going to be psychologically scared if she says no. However, if she said yes, out of madness, she knows I would go out with her. Though I would probably stop it before anything serious or embarrassing happen.

daveybaby
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2008, 11:44 am

I've for the most part, gotten yes's and no's, although there was always a question as whether I was asking for a date, a hang out, or a pity date. I ask something along the lines, "Would you like to hang out sometime?", "Can I have your phone number?", "Do you want to do something later?" as this doesn't explicitly imply that I am interested in having sex with them at one point or another (which is what I think you're implying by asking someone "OUT" on a "DATE"). It's more important to me to have some sort of relationship with a member of the opposite sex, romantic or otherwise. There's one girl I didn't really go out on a date with, but I did have a romantic experience with her.

Another girl suggested we hang out on the weekends at one point (I suppose in friendly terms) then informed me later that she was too depressed to and that she had a boyfriend.

Another girl text messaged me that she loved me after I asked her out, then after trying to talk to her for a couple of days, she tried to convert me to Christianity.

I really have no idea what possibly was happening subtley in all these situations, I really don't understand exactly what was happening.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 12:41 pm

I only ever asked someone out once and they did say yes and the date actually happened. It went fine though we ended up only being friends which was ok.

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 2:24 pm

[quote="daveybaby]

Another girl text messaged me that she loved me after I asked her out, then after trying to talk to her for a couple of days, she tried to convert me to Christianity.

[/quote]

:lol: . . .ah . . . uh . . . make that :cry: as it happened to ME once!

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 3:30 pm

If we were in the olden days where you'd have a wife thrown at you if you couldn't find one yourself....it would be a lot easier.