What's your social intelligence IQ? (link to quiz included)

Page 1 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 4:08 pm

http://discoveryhealth.queendom.com/que ... ged_1.html

I got 82

Funny how your EQ goes up if you answer "almost never" to questions such as "I worry about things that other people don't even think about. " Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone had that attitude?

Glencannon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2008, 4:26 pm

I don't even know what some of these questions are asking, ie "My life is full of dead ends." What?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 6:39 pm

WHOA!! !! !! Now THIS has NEVER happened before!! !! !

Quote:
About Emotional Intelligence
There is no arguing that classical IQ, as measured by most intelligence tests, is important in our personal, academic, and professional success. However, emotional intelligence matters as much as the classical IQ. One could almost say that emotional intelligence is a prerequisite for the proper development and actualization of our other intellectual abilities.

Simply put, we need to learn to recognize and label our feelings and needs, reconcile them with our long-term goals and with the needs and feelings of other people involved. And we need to cultivate the ability to identify ways of meeting our goals and needs and to soothe our own feelings. Then, we need to motivate ourselves and mobilize all our internal (energy, effort, discipline, perseverance, resilience) as well as external resources (building social networks through effective communication, social insight, empathy, reading other's emotions, setting boundaries).

Results of the Emotional IQ Test
Emotional IQ

Your score = 100

AVERAGE! Of course, the test is ridiculous, so I don't think this means ANYTHING!

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 6:55 pm

"There's some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that your Emotional IQ is relatively low. In a practical sense, this means that you are not reaching your full potential. Low EIQ has a negative impact on all aspects of life such as relationships, your emotional health and level of motivation. As a result of your behavior, others may view you as being critical, inexpressive, inhibited, detached, cold, or even condescending. Your difficulties relating to others and dealing successfully with your own emotions may have a negative impact on your health; people with lower EIQs are prone to anxiety, depression, excessive guilt, aggressiveness, low self-concept, and stress-related problems. Chances are that you also have difficulty bouncing back from life's problems. Now for the good news: by learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you can significantly improve your EIQ. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person."

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 7:12 pm

I got 72

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 7:20 pm

94. Test is BS. I hate the way those things are worded, and such few options are given. I can tell what they want to know from the question, but they never give me the right answer to tell them what they want to know. Flawed piece of crap.

Whisperer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2008, 7:27 pm

If you are being mobbed at work or have some problem in life you are obviously gonna score low - it's a bit stupid in that sense. Also, it's easy to detect the "right answers" (and lie) - so a psychopath or a person in denial would most likely score above average. I got 85.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 7:44 pm

I think this is rigged, imagine an IQ test in which you get asked "Are you smart?" ...

Heh, well, I guess this is how you measure fake intelligence.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 7:49 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:

I think this is rigged, imagine an IQ test in which you get asked "Are you smart?" ...

Heh, well, I guess this is how you measure fake intelligence.

:lol:

Helek_Aphel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2008, 7:59 pm

This is probably too heavily abridged.

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 8:18 pm

Whisperer wrote:
If you are being mobbed at work or have some problem in life you are obviously gonna score low - it's a bit stupid in that sense. Also, it's easy to detect the "right answers" (and lie) - so a psychopath or a person in denial would most likely score above average. I got 85.

Well, I got 130+ the second time around. But the point of taking a test is to try to come up with the right answers, isn't it?

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2008, 8:31 pm

Low. Go me. 8)

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2008, 8:38 pm

ah crumb another thing im terrible at Emotional inteligence well i answer all the question right and true but apparantly im a very low 69 how ridiculouse :cry:

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2008, 8:53 pm

77! I'm emotionally unintelligent, and here I was thinking I was intelligently unemotional. Go figure.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 9:05 pm

missboots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2008, 9:10 pm

What does your score mean?
There's some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that your Emotional IQ is relatively low. In a practical sense, this means that you are not reaching your full potential. Low EIQ has a negative impact on all aspects of life such as relationships, your emotional health and level of motivation. As a result of your behavior, others may view you as being critical, inexpressive, inhibited, detached, cold, or even condescending. Your difficulties relating to others and dealing successfully with your own emotions may have a negative impact on your health; people with lower EIQs are prone to anxiety, depression, excessive guilt, aggressiveness, low self-concept, and stress-related problems. Chances are that you also have difficulty bouncing back from life's problems. Now for the good news: by learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you can significantly improve your EIQ. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.