What's your social intelligence IQ? (link to quiz included)

Page 4 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

17 Aug 2009, 12:18 am

I scored 75.
Some of the questions relate more to depressive symptoms than social intelligence.

iSpy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2009, 12:28 am

NicksQuestions
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2009, 12:35 am

I scored 71.

Hmmm, well that probably explains why I went from age 12 to 26 without friends. At the same time, in the explanation for results, it mentions the word empathy. If I'm correct, lack of empathy is not the same as lack of feelings, but rather inability to place yourself in another's shoes. Food for thought, some are great at putting themselves in another's place, but don't have feelings for them. Some have feelings for another, but aren't good at putting themselves in their shoes.

I know I have feelings for others, I just a not good at intelligence of emotions.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 1:16 am

What do those questions have to do with social intelligence? Most of them have nothing to do with "social" anything.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Aug 2009, 10:11 am

I agree that it seemed more about depression than anything else

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2009, 12:09 pm

I got a 78

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2009, 12:48 pm

I got a 78.

I agree with others that it was more about depression, than social intelligence.

mra1200
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2009, 1:39 pm

Quote:
There's some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that your Emotional IQ is relatively low. In a practical sense, this means that you are not reaching your full potential. Low EIQ has a negative impact on all aspects of life such as relationships, your emotional health and level of motivation. As a result of your behavior, others may view you as being critical, inexpressive, inhibited, detached, cold, or even condescending. Your difficulties relating to others and dealing successfully with your own emotions may have a negative impact on your health; people with lower EIQs are prone to anxiety, depression, excessive guilt, aggressiveness, low self-concept, and stress-related problems. Chances are that you also have difficulty bouncing back from life's problems. Now for the good news: by learning and practicing new skills and more effective ways of dealing with people, you can significantly improve your EIQ. The benefits will be numerous, including stronger relationships, a more successful career and better health. Most of all, you will be an all-around happier person.

i guess the good news is that I'm not the lowest score here.

Vimse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2009, 3:27 pm

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2009, 5:31 pm

I scored 66.

I, too, was curious about whether emotional intelligence is the same thing as social intelligence. I understand how emotional understanding can have a great impact on social ability, but surely there is more to social intelligence than emotions alone?

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 8:03 pm

I really don't see how this test measures emotional intellegence. There are few, if any questions pertaining to how well one understands emotions in himself or in others. It seems to be more of a "how emotionally well-adjusted are you?" test. Since I am a positive person, and don't care what other people think, (so long as I come off as neither bellicose nor ignorant) I was able to achieve a score in the average range (98). A few months ago, I took a similar EQ quiz that was geared toward recognizing how well the taker is able to interpret emotions. I scored a 24.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 9:18 pm

Kaysea wrote:
It seems to be more of a "how emotionally well-adjusted are you?" test.

Agreed. I came up with a 95 by answering "sometimes" or "somewhat true" nearly every time it was offered. :roll: I couldn't see where it measured recognizing others' emotions at all, although it seemed to indicate that it would. The test was very poorly devised.

edited: I had to go back to the test to remember wording of the middle selection.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 3:39 am

this is emotional intelligence, not social intelligence.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 3:48 am

Quote:

Don't give me that: normals can't tell the difference. We've spent our lives feeling things, but failing to express the feeling in a normal way. Which one's emotional and which social?

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:44 am

but the questions are way too vague. It made me feel more like I was taking a test to see whether or not I was depressed rather than a social test of any sort.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 5:24 am

peterd wrote:
Quote:

Don't give me that: normals can't tell the difference. We've spent our lives feeling things, but failing to express the feeling in a normal way. Which one's emotional and which social?

Woah, relax dude...I was just confused as to why we were being led to an "Emotional IQ" test, when you guys said it was a "Social" one.

Ironically I scored like 101.

But in fairness....I'm even more confused about this than everyone else.