new show-Eli Stone on ABC, pediatricians want to cancel show

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

momtanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jan 2008, 9:54 am

This was in a thread a couple of days ago about the new show
coming out on ABC. The first episode was going to feature a case
on Autism/vaccinations. Pediatricians don;t want the show to air.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/2 ... index.html

acannon
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2008, 11:19 pm

I saw it. I was disgusted by the mother; she repeatedly said that her son was "damaged" and "sick" while he was in the room. It was like watching Autism Everyday all over again. Even more reprehensible was the fact that the boy was played by an actual autistic child, and he had to hear that language. Why didn't they just find an NT kid? Actually, why did they do this show at all?

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 1:44 pm

I want to sue now! My daughter can be my cash cow!

I think that the curbies would be happy about the show until the disclaimer was run at the end, telling people who wanted to know more about autism to contact the CDC, who doesn't embrace the vaccine theory.

I watched the show because I like lawyer shows but this show was really stupid. Boring, contrived writing.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 8:18 am

Agreed. I was offended by this show and I planned on calling my local ABC affiliate to ask them to pull the show.

I mean, "Cavemen" is still technically semi-active on this channel (they haven't shown six episodes. How they made 12 episodes of that mind-numbing drivel, but "Firefly" gets canceled, i'll never know). Look, ABC just fill the slot filled by this garbage with "Pushing Daisies" reruns. Everyone will be alot happier.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 9:45 pm

I wish that ABC didn't cancel Traveler. It was on for a few weeks and then gone.

Kippur
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2008, 1:53 pm

I watched it but I was disgusted. It was such an interesting premise ruined by the autism thing.

merr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 6:21 pm

Kippur wrote:
I watched it but I was disgusted. It was such an interesting premise ruined by the autism thing.
Even if they didnt have the kid, the whole I may or may not die of an anuerism makes me irritated. I really hate contrived emotion in movies/tv/books where the authors try SO hard to make you feel something. I'd like to feel it on my own, you know. I'm a perosn with a fairly devleped brain, I can do it! The whole my-kid-has-autism-and-my-father-was-a- jerk-and-i-am-so-cool-and-lost-my-virginity-in-college- and-now-i-may-die-or-maybe-not,-but-hey-im-so-quirky spiel has been ran to the ground (prolly not in that same way, of course). I've seen this deal in Six Feet Under with Nate Fischer and his apparitions of his father and brain tumor, and it was done better, was more thought provoking, and didn't try to make you feel bad. Good shows will do that on their own. :lol:

Kippur
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2008, 4:04 pm

merr wrote:
Kippur wrote:
Even if they didnt have the kid, the whole I may or may not die of an anuerism makes me irritated. I really hate contrived emotion in movies/tv/books where the authors try SO hard to make you feel something. I'd like to feel it on my own, you know. I'm a perosn with a fairly devleped brain, I can do it! The whole my-kid-has-autism-and-my-father-was-a-jerk-and- i-am-so-cool-and-lost-my-virginity-in-college-and-now-i-may-die-or- maybe-not,-but-hey-im-so-quirky spiel has been ran to the ground (prolly not in that same way, of course). I've seen this deal in Six Feet Under with Nate Fischer and his apparitions of his father and brain tumor, and it was done better, was more thought provoking, and didn't try to make you feel bad. Good shows will do that on their own. :lol:

Ahaha... the whole anuerism thing just walked right past me. I saw it and was like, "Okay, can we get back to the story now?"