I have not been diagnosed, but I think I have it. 40%  40%  [ 53 ]
No, I do not have Asperger's Syndrome. 9%  9%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 131

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 6:11 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I'm diagnosed with it but I don't think I truly have it. Not aspie enough lol. But it's just a label. i don't think it matters anymore what label I have just as long I am on the spectrum. I wonder how many others here are diagnosed with AS but don't truly have it and they have another autism condition instead.

i agree, I think that alot of people have symptomes in different levels of severity. i find it funny that they call it the "autism spectrum" and then have different diagnosises that are in it. it should just be a spectrum that encompasses certain symptomes in varying levels of severity.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 6:24 pm

beef_bourito wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
I'm diagnosed with it but I don't think I truly have it. Not aspie enough lol. But it's just a label. i don't think it matters anymore what label I have just as long I am on the spectrum. I wonder how many others here are diagnosed with AS but don't truly have it and they have another autism condition instead.

i agree, I think that alot of people have symptomes in different levels of severity. i find it funny that they call it the "autism spectrum" and then have different diagnosises that are in it. it should just be a spectrum that encompasses certain symptomes in varying levels of severity.

...and thusly they labeled them, so as to indicate where on the spectrum a person fell.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 6:26 pm

yeah i was thinking about that but there was something that didn't seem right when i was reading something a little while ago but i forget what it was. i didn't explain what i wanted to well.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 6:57 pm

Diagnosed in september 2007.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2008, 10:59 pm

Diagnosed just recently by a whack of psychologists on campus. Wrote the words down on paper and everything.
This was after the GP insisted I had it and sent me for more testing.
Just in case two doctors aren't enough, I have an appointment with some kind of psychiatrist later this month as well. Third time's the charm.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 6:37 am

Diagnosed with "definite elements of it" but mixed in with OCD, dyspraxia & ADHD......

But I'm pretty sure I do have it - I used to think it was "mild" until I came on here & found out what NT's were supposed to be like - there is NO WAY I could possibly be any kind of NT - they sound like aliens!

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 10:22 am

I was diagnosed with AS far back as 2002 during a time when I was having a great amount of trouble in the social front which, I still do wherein; the diagnosis brought a greater sense as to why, I had been bullied,teased,mistreated for close to 2 decades...

ProfessorX