Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 12:57 am

Any comment about them , especially as they're - I guess - essentially over :lol: , as I write this , with Hillary being called the California winner ( I voted for her ! !! !! !! !! !! :D ) , as it nears 10:00 ?
We don't have to discuss political opinions , even (especially) the Americans...

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 2:52 am

:silent:

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 3:02 am

Oh god. I hate all of them, except Ron Paul. I had no ride to the voting place.

Gun control nuts, religious psychopaths, Barrack never talks about the issues, Hilary has some horrible business practices.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 9:12 am

Everyone thought that Super Tuesday would be decisive, but it turns out the democratic race is still neck-and-neck between Hillary and Obama in terms of # of delegates won.

In the republican race, McCain is way ahead since he won California (the biggest state) and other big states like New York. Romney was counting on getting all the votes from the anti-McCain voters, but this isn't going to happen since Huckabee is still in the race.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 9:15 am

I'm supporting Obama because we do need a chance in our nation.

Hilary is alright in my opinion and she taking a big step to become president which is making history.

What matters though who going doing more stuff fro the Autism Spectrum Community.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 9:17 am

I'm voting mccain, i loved his point of views, and how hes going to help. He is also against abortion which i love as well.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 10:00 am

The candidate I originally supported, Giuliani, dropped out, so I was faced with few options. I don't like McCain or Ron Paul. McCain is so far to the left that it would be like voting for Hillary or Obama. Ron Paul's supporters in my town are made up of chronically disaffected people and aging anti-Vietnam war protesters. I chose Romney, because he is the most conservative candidate left in the race. The only thing that went right was the vote on the propositions. The ones I favored won; the ones I disagreed with were defeated.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 12:57 pm

I'm not eligible to vote and Oregon does not have primaries until May.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 10:37 pm

9CatMom wrote:
The candidate I originally supported, Giuliani, dropped out, so I was faced with few options. I don't like McCain or Ron Paul. McCain is so far to the left that it would be like voting for Hillary or Obama. Ron Paul's supporters in my town are made up of chronically disaffected people and aging anti-Vietnam war protesters. I chose Romney, because he is the most conservative candidate left in the race. The only thing that went right was the vote on the propositions. The ones I favored won; the ones I disagreed with were defeated.

...Obviously , since you are speaking as a Republican , could you tell me why so many Repubs call McCain " too liberal " ?
If he was as liberal a Repub as Arnie S. , I could understand this , but , he hardly seems " liberal " , like the second coming of Nelson Rockefeller or Edward Brooke !

viska
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 11:42 pm

McCain differs from the hard right in his views on immigration, campaign finance reform, and taxes

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 11:49 pm

Ron Paul believes that U.S. should go back to isolationism which is a very bad thing to do because that will destroy our economy and the global economy as well. :evil:

Politicans don't know anything about the economy (they never took economics in the first place). :lol:

viska
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 11:53 pm

I'm pretty sure Ron Paul is in favor of free trade and not protectionism. He opposes NAFTA and CAFTA but only because they're not free enough. However, he doesn't really stand a chance in this election anyway.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 11:58 pm

viska wrote:
I'm pretty sure Ron Paul is in favor of free trade and not protectionism. He opposes NAFTA and CAFTA but only because they're not free enough. However, he doesn't really stand a chance in this election anyway.

Nothing is free in the economy we pay for everything that we use and overstockage to sell to other countries with our tax money. (My Macroeconomics Theory Professor state that fact in class today)

viska
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 12:05 am

That's true, there is no such thing as a free lunch. :) The "free" in free trade is using the definition of being unrestricted, not costing nothing. It means encouraging trades between nations without imposing tariffs or quotas.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 12:31 am

Right wing radio has been pretty entertaining lately the way they're all over McCain being horrible. I'm wondering if they're afraid that he'd want to procecute the people who approved of waterboarding. He was the only GOP candidate to speak out against it.

Obama is my favorite only because he's causing people to get out of their hourses and get active. He says that change comes from the bottom up. If he inspires the masses, then it doesn't matter what he stands for. The power of involved people is the best way to make good changes.

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2008, 12:33 am

JerryHatake wrote:
I'm supporting Obama because we do need a chance in our nation.

Hilary is alright in my opinion and she taking a big step to become president which is making history.

Well, I support Hillary, and I'm happy for her success thus far. I personally think that she will eventually win the Democratic party's nomination.

It seems to me that too many young people have jumped on the "Obama is all about change" bandwagon. Honestly, I don't think he's ready yet to become President.

But regardless of which one of the two actually wins the Democratic party's nomination, and as long as a Democrat is elected President, I'll still be happy.