Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2008, 12:33 am

JerryHatake wrote:
I'm supporting Obama because we do need a chance in our nation.

Hilary is alright in my opinion and she taking a big step to become president which is making history.

Well, I support Hillary, and I'm happy for her success thus far. I personally think that she will eventually win the Democratic party's nomination.

It seems to me that too many young people have jumped on the "Obama is all about change" bandwagon. Honestly, I don't think he's ready yet to become President.

But regardless of which one of the two actually wins the Democratic party's nomination, and as long as a Democrat is elected President, I'll still be happy.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 4:57 pm

...Well , Romney has effectively withdrawn , so it's McCain now .
There was speculation that Michael Bllomberg would run as an independent , BUT , he is like a moderate Rupublican himself , the speculation was that an " overly right " Republican would lead to Bllomberg , and I'd think of McCain as Bloomberg's type of Republican (the NY newspaper Bloomberg owns , the Daily News , endorsed McCain in the Republican primary) .
Is Rommney hoping for the Vice Presidential slot ?
But , would the Repubs be thinking , " He IS a Mormon , and a lot of Southern , especially , conservative Christians don't like Mormons... " ???????????

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 6:03 pm

ASS-P wrote:
There was speculation that Michael Bllomberg would run as an independent , BUT , he is like a moderate Rupublican himself , the speculation was that an " overly right " Republican would lead to Bllomberg , and I'd think of McCain as Bloomberg's type of Republican (the NY newspaper Bloomberg owns , the Daily News , endorsed McCain in the Republican primary) .
Is Rommney hoping for the Vice Presidential slot ?
But , would the Repubs be thinking , " He IS a Mormon , and a lot of Southern , especially , conservative Christians don't like Mormons... " ???????????

You'd think that the southern Christians would embrace Mormans, as the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They're both against abortion, gay marriage and never saw a war they didn't love, especially if it means fighting Muslims.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 6:43 pm

I'm not American, but I'm watching the Democratic candidacy race with great interest, since it's history in the making either way. I don't know whether I prefer Clinton or Obama at the moment, though.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 6:54 pm

The hearing that overseas, the world is very excited about Obama becoming president.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 7:57 pm

OregonBecky wrote:
The hearing that overseas, the world is very excited about Obama becoming president.

Obama is like JFK and Lincoln in ways.

Lincoln had no experience when he became president and JFK had a little time in the senate before running and winning the Presidency.

Obama also wants ethnic reform which might the Autism Community.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 8:50 pm

ASS-P wrote:

Yep.. There's no way Huckabee or Paul can win, so the repub candidate will be McCain. Interesting.. and man, the guy is old. 72!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 9:10 pm

viska wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

Yep.. There's no way Huckabee or Paul can win, so the repub candidate will be McCain. Interesting.. and man, the guy is old. 72!

Well my friend who is conservative won't vote for McCain instead voting for Obama.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 9:12 pm

I see. If McCain picks a moderate VP, then he might piss off even more hardcore republicans.

Gosmokesome
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2008, 10:53 pm

I like Ron Paul.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 10:55 pm

People have personal favorites I guess.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 11:43 pm

Gosmokesome wrote:
I like Ron Paul.

Ron Paul would make a good president because he's honest. It was refreshing to see him debate the other Republicans and have them huff and puff uncomfortably because Ron Paul was so honest.

Being a Libertarian, he'd like to put Yellowstone Park up for sale and leave it up to pirvate businesses to work with aspies if they see any profit in it. The government wouldn't pay for that kind of thing.

However, since few in Congress would agree with his ideas, then all we'd have from Ron Paul leading the country is his honesty and not the selling off of national parks and all the freeways sold off to businesses who charge tolls to use them. An honest presidency would allow citizens to make better decisions. An honest president would certainly be a novelty.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 11:45 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
OregonBecky wrote:

Lincoln had no experience when he became president and JFK had a little time in the senate before running and winning the Presidency.

If he's anything like JFK and Lincoln than I suspect he'll wind up like they did. :cry:

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 11:51 pm

OregonBecky wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:
OregonBecky wrote:

If he's anything like JFK and Lincoln than I suspect he'll wind up like they did. :cry:

Well Lincoln didn't get killed by Booth then the South wouldn't been so pissed off at the Republicans during the reconstruction era.

JFK's death is more weird and yet the files on his death are to be released in 2029.

I think no one would dare now because its suicide run now with how security is now today plus Reagen was shot and lived so he broke that curse of being killed if elected on a year ending in a zero.

Last edited by JerryHatake on 07 Feb 2008, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 11:56 pm

McCain is actually surprisingly honest as well. A while back, the Florida governor asked the republican candidates to back a bill that would place a federal subsidy for home insurance in places that are at high-risk for hurricanes. Romney kinda went back and forth without really answering (as politicians do), Giuliani agreed, McCain was the only one to openly say he thought it was a horrible idea. (By making it cheaper to build homes in risky places, there will be more damage done by hurricanes in the future.) Also, his views on some issues are definitely out of step with the "party line" of the republicans, but he's never wavered and is honest and steadfast in his beliefs.

(Note: I'm not endorsing McCain here as a candidate, I'm just pointing out one of his qualities that sets him apart is his honesty. :) )

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 2:13 am

In 2000 the press said that McCain was the most fun to be on the campaign trail with. They said he wasn't careful. He said whatever he felt like and the press liked him for being genuine.

Bush's people made calls during the campaign "polling" people, asking them "Would they vote for McCain if they knew he fathered a black child?" Amazing how McCain doesn't seem to resent Bush for that trashy behavior.