Family's Struggle: All Six Kids Are Autistic

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jirachi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Feb 2008, 7:08 am

Quote:
SIX children with an ASD!

And to think some people said that ASDs were entierly caused by environmental factors.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 10:39 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
SIX children with an ASD! oh my lord...I hope the parents have support...thats all I can say.

Well, this isn't the first time this has happened.

I know a mom who has 6 kids, with only one NT among them.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 6:49 pm

Odin wrote:
Oh, and chelation therapy is total crap, potentially LETHAL total crap.

I plan to start chelation in a few weeks. I'll let you know what happens.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 7:17 pm

zendell wrote:
Odin wrote:

First off... have you gone to a licensed toxicologist to get tested?

Second... no legit doctor will chelate you unless you are acutely poisoned. As in, near death.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 6:35 am

Quote:
For the last f***ing time, mercury does not cause autism.

Hee hee. I laughed when I read that! There was an article in a recent paper saying that there was NOOOO evidence to suggest that mercury or the MMR cause autism! I was autistic before I got the MMR when I was 4 years old!

To the story.... That must be pretty tough for the parents. Mine finds it hard enough with just me!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Feb 2008, 7:23 pm

I noticed that the article says that finding an entire family of autistics is extremely rare. Well, it isn't. I come from a family of 10, and at least 8 of us were somewhere on the spectrum. Since we were all born in a time frame spanning from the late 50's to the late 60's, autism wasn't widely known about. We just floundered along and survived, somehow. But wherever we moved to, we became "That Weird Family." And were shunned accordingly.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 7:53 pm

beau99 wrote:
zendell wrote:
Odin wrote:

First off... have you gone to a licensed toxicologist to get tested?

No. Why would I do that? My doctor ordered a mercury test and the mercury was below the detectable limit. Although my doctor thinks that means I don't have a problem with mercury, I think it means I have lots of mercury due to an inability to get rid of it.

Quote:
Second... no legit doctor will chelate you unless you are acutely poisoned. As in, near death.

I don't like conventional healthcare anyway. I prefer the non-legit alternative doctors. I don't need a doctor anyway because there are patient friendly pharmacies online that don't require a prescription. I'm not going to let government regulations keep me from being healthy and happy. I'm planning to use oral DMSA (Chemet is Rx name for it) that I can buy online.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 8:29 pm

Suit yourself, then.

klick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2008, 9:16 pm

Zendell, you need to seriously reconsider your intended course of action. Ignoring medical advice to engage in treatment using a dangerous substance (that you intend to purchase without a prescription online no less) has the potential to kill you, and based on the test results you posted, I don't think it will even get you the outcome you want. If you do think you are a "bad excreter" ask for a mercury blood test (assuming that's not what you already had); it is indicated for detecting all types of mercury exposure. If there is mercury in your body (and you could thus potentially be helped by chelation) it will show up there. If not, don't waste your time and money, DMSA will not offer you a cure.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 10:11 pm

Not to mention, everyone who chelates themselves will yield high levels of metals. Everyone, regardless of whether they are legit poisoned or not.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 10:39 pm

klick wrote:
Zendell, you need to seriously reconsider your intended course of action. Ignoring medical advice to engage in treatment using a dangerous substance (that you intend to purchase without a prescription online no less) has the potential to kill you, and based on the test results you posted, I don't think it will even get you the outcome you want. If you do think you are a "bad excreter" ask for a mercury blood test (assuming that's not what you already had); it is indicated for detecting all types of mercury exposure. If there is mercury in your body (and you could thus potentially be helped by chelation) it will show up there. If not, don't waste your time and money, DMSA will not offer you a cure.

1. Doctors are often wrong. I've been misdiagnosed and mistreated the majority of the time.
2. From what I've read, chelation is NOT dangerous. It is a relatively harmless, simple way to remove highly toxic metals and also some minerals from the body. I don't think anyone has ever died of oral DMSA chelation. An estimated 120,000 people die every year do to other conventional drugs.
3. Mercury only stays in the blood for a few hours so exposure as recent as a month ago won't be detected

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 10:54 pm

What's the problem with chelation anyway? My guess:

From the Journal of Advancement in Medicine:
"Mortality from cancer was reduced 90% during an 18-year follow-up of 59 patients treated with Calcium-EDTA. Only one of 59 treated patients (1.7%) died of cancer while 30 of 172 non treated control subjects (17.6%) died of cancer (P=0.002). Death from artherosclerosis was also reduced. http://www.gordonresearch.com/articles_ ... lumer.html

Cancer, heart diseases, and other chronic diseases is a multi-billion dollar business. Reducing cancer rates by 90% would seriously cut into their profits and they are not going to let it happen. The drug companies don't want anything to get in the way of their profits so they pay people to bash effective treatments and publish junk science to attempt to disprove them.

"AMA PUBLISHES JUNK SCIENCE IN APPARENT ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT CHELATION"
http://www.drcranton.com/sham.htm

Feel free to continue trusting Big Pharma and the American Medical Association. It's your health, not mine.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 10:58 pm

zendell wrote:
3. Mercury only stays in the blood for a few hours so exposure as recent as a month ago won't be detected

Because it has been excreted already.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 11:01 pm

Also, people who chelate (regardless of chelator used) have to constantly go to a licensed doctor to check their calcium and liver enzyme levels, as chelation depletes you of these.

Also, people who have been chelated will tell you it's not a pleasant experience.

Knowing the risks, if I were acutely poisoned and near death, I'd take death.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 10:47 pm

All in the family topic

If any family knows about Autism every day, it would be this one, Hartzof Space, and Oregonbecky. I wonder about the older one being a sort of role model for the younger ones. I certainly have nothing to whine about. Others' challenges are a lot more complicated :!:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 9:20 pm

So then Autism is genetic?

I went through college believing more in nurture vs nature.

Now , perhaps as a learning lesson I am accepting my diagnosis. This questiond many of my theories now. My theroy of sexual imprinting, alcoholism being a learned behavior etc.

I realise now I WANTED this to be enviromental because its a simple cause and effect. Now I bellieve genetics are responsibloe?

So sexual orientation is not a response , etc?

So a gain I ask Is or IS NoT autism heriditary?
With that knowledge should I forget having kids? Is THAT idea wrong?

Damn, I don't know WHat to believe or think anymore.