Autism Speaks to Promote Autism Awareness with Teletubbies

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 8:27 pm

so the Teletubbies are gay...and autistic?...;)

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 2:00 pm

Aspergers is going to be used as a gimmick to target a special intrest group for merchandising?

Whatever .

How can you hate the Teletubbies guts? They have Tvs for guts we ALL love the tv! :?

Screw the Tubbies . I just want to kill Elmo. just because hes a corporate whore.

I definately agree that having an Asperger Teletubby is not going to increase anyone heres "cool" factor.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 8:32 pm

Soopervilin wrote:
I've always been a little wary of teletubbies, since I once heard one of the little talking plush toys (I think it was the red one) saying something that I probably shouldn't repeat here. In rapid succession, it repeated three times a derogatory word used in describing homosexuals...or english cigarettes. It said other things that were unintelligible, but that particular phrase was loud and clear.

I looked up some info regarding the word you thought you heard - it's actually more like "padjit, padjit," and is Mandarin for "faster, faster!"

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 11:36 pm

TrueDave wrote:
Aspergers is going to be used as a gimmick to target a special intrest group for merchandising?

Whatever .

How can you hate the Teletubbies guts? They have Tvs for guts we ALL love the tv! :?

Screw the Tubbies . I just want to kill Elmo. just because hes a corporate whore.

I definately agree that having an Asperger Teletubby is not going to increase anyone heres "cool" factor.

if u hate elmo go to killfrog.com there is a cartoon there where u can set elmo on fire.

MusicMaker1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Feb 2008, 9:42 pm

Autism Speaks.... isn't that the organization that's trying to find the cure for Asperger's? I'm just wondering... Has there ever been a case where they claim that Asperger's was cured in an individual?