Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Number_11
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2008, 11:55 am

My hands and (special bonus!) my face.

As you can see, my index fingers are significantly longer than my ring fingers. I have never seen anyone (male or female) with length ratios like mine.

And I'm not at all gay or inherently transgendered.

JustJen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Feb 2008, 2:26 pm

MY RING FINGERS ARE .5" LONGER THAN MY INDEX, AND MY PINKY FINGERS ARE ALMOST EXACTLY 1.5" SHORTER THAN MY RING FINGER.

THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL PUT OUT A TWO DISC DVD SERIES CALLED "SCIENCE OF THE SEXES" WHICH DISCUSSES THIS. THE THEORY IS THAT IF YOU HAVE LONGER RING VS. INDEX FINGERS YOU HAD A LARGER THAN NORMAL AMOUNT OF TESTOSTERONE EXPOSURE AS A FETUS. THEY WERE USING THIS TEST TO HELP THEM SELECT THE BETTER MALE ATHLETES ON A TEAM, BY USING IMAGES OF THEIR HANDS ONLY TAKEN ON A COPIER MACHINE. WAS AN INTERESTING SERIES...

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 7:42 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
hadapurpura,

your ring finger is longer than the index finger , this is rare in females.

I not sure her ring finger is notably longer. It looks that way because the index finger is set lower, but you'd need to look at the palm side to get a good measurement. You measure from the bottom line, which isn't where it looks like it should be from the back.

RudolfsDad
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2008, 2:07 pm

I came across this study which reports that the incidence of a single palmer crease was the same in their autism group as it was in their NT group. So, if these guys are right, the single palmar crease is likely to be unrelated to AS.

They did find that "posterior rotation of the external ears" was significantly more common in persons with autism.

I found another study that
looked at the 2D/4D ratio and reported a very small (fraction of a millimeter) difference between autism and NT. So, it seems that this amounts to a small difference in the means, but there is a very large overlap between autism and NT. So, this seems useless as a way of distinguishing between AS and NT.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 2:19 pm

My mom has a different ring/index finger ratio than me. Her's are almost exactly the same length, on the other hand (haha), my ring fingers are a longer than my index fingers. About 2mm on the left hand and 4mm on my right hand.
I wonder what my other parents' ring/index finger ratio is.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 4:31 pm

My head and heart lines run together only on my right hand. Also, although my ring finger is longer than my index on both hands, it is somewhat moreso on my right hand.
I am left handed.....There's my stats for what they are worth.

My life and fate lines crash into each-other signifigantly towards the base of my palm....

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2008, 6:18 pm

here's my hands... make what you want of them... :|

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2008, 10:50 am

My hands are pretty much the exact same ratio as hadapurapura's.

I like the butterfly ring.