Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Disc-Thrower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2008, 9:47 am

i get that too when i'm depressed, i wonder what it'd be like to be one of them, and not stick out of the crowd. though i'm sure it'll just be a whole new set of problems. the grass always seems greener on the other side dun it?

willnormanuk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2008, 4:52 pm

I like to think of being an NT after i have had a meltdown because they don't 'freak out' like that as much, they HAVE friends unlike me (no offense to anyone out there) and finally they can understand 'faces'. but deep down i know that i am an aspie and there is nothing anyone can do to change that because im proud of who i am.

"Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever." Albert Einstein

HarraArial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2008, 8:07 pm

Sometimes I've weighed these odds several times.

If I didn't have AS, and I was your typical NT, I would probably not have to deal with as much teasing as I do now, I wouldn't have to sing or wear gloves or something to calm down, I wouldn't have meltdowns constantly in school, I wouldn't have to be picked last for teams in Gym everytime we play games.

However, I also look at all the things I would lose were I an NT, I would probably lose most of my singing voice since I wouldn't have to sing so much to calm down or keep happy, not to mention it wouldn't be as much as a passion, I wouldn't have too many passions period, let me see, what else? I probably wouldn't have the capacity to remember different things I learn here and there, like teenagers thinking with their Amygaldas since the Frontal Cortexes ((I believe, something in the front... >< )) of the brain aren't fully developed yet, making them much more impulsive than other age groups. I wouldn't have the politeness nor gratefulness I do now, certainly none of the calmness I experience when others are heated. There are too many virties of having AS that certainly outweigh the odds, I would assure you anything, if I was as I was now, minus the AS, I would probably get wasted every night, giving into peer pressure ((another thing I have no worries for)) and, well, life wouldn't be as good.

Everyone knows it's Windy!"

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 11:47 am

I guess I would struggle with the things, which I like, programming, writing, I'd lose my inner world, my vivid imagination, my unique views on the world. I would gain social skills, interest in girl things, which I now despise and probably horrible views on those who are different.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 11:21 pm

As an Aspie, I find the experince Invigorating, having a 12th grade reading level sense 3rd grade or so, and the power of my creativitity is amazing. My life is wonderful! I for one have a gift of humor, and of generally making humans happy. My best freind is a decade old, and he is my only freind, but no matter. There is much I could say that would normally be contray to the positive outlook on life I have, but it is wished to be kept semi uknown, only to be reveald by a PM. :sunny: