Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

m91
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2008, 4:52 pm

The main thing that has stopped me from commting suicide is that it could leave me paralysed for life. Not just that, but I know for 100% that the Britsh government would prefer that I ended up being paralysed for life than dying from suicide.

Even if I try to kill myself, some paramedics will come and save me, even if that means I end up disabled.

I wish euthanasia was legal.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:06 pm

I used to think about it earlier, when my depression and anxiety were more severe. It would be very easy to cut my wrists and bleed to death in 10 minutes, but for some reason I never attempted it. I guess I sub-consciously knew that my life would be better eventually...

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

Last edited by Reodor_Felgen on 17 Feb 2008, 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whisperinthewind
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2008, 5:10 pm

No, but I do think of running away. Just me alone by myself

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:16 pm

Reodor_Felgen wrote:
I used to think about it earlier, when my depression and anxiety were more severe. It would be very easy to cut my wrists and bleed to death in 10 minutes, but for some reason I never attempted it. I guess I sub-consciously knew that my life would be better eventually...

I'm just scared of the pain, I think that's why I've never attempted

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:38 pm

I have contemplated suicide on numerous occasions, in fact today included because I have felt so crap over the last few months and that everything is falling apart around me I thought it was the only way left for me :cry:

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 7:04 pm

I'm considering it, but I'm gonna give myself a chance at life first. If I fail, I'll probably take it up. I mean, I'm only 17. My life doesn't suck that badly..

GoddessofSin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2008, 2:10 pm

Repeatedly especially when I was younger. More than one friend spent days on suicide watch. Actually considered it again last night. I'm not scared of it just don't want to leave anyone with lose ends to tie up.

Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 3:28 pm

ebec11 wrote:
Reodor_Felgen wrote:

Exactly!

My fear of failing to die on an attempt is only what holds me back. Maybe I'll end up paralyzed or something.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 3:40 pm

I don't tell alot of people but I have tried to commite suicide. I was 18 or 19 and under the most intense stress I have ever known. Thankfully I failed and thru the support of my brother and counselling I was able to realise what I was doing and how much I was hurting people.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2008, 5:06 pm

Yea, but I think what's the point of it? Like if there's not an afterlife, then I mean that'd suck. I don't think killing yourself is an escape.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 5:19 pm

And miss out on my wonderful friends, and awesome life? Never :evil:

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 7:00 pm

ascan wrote:
gwynfryn wrote:
Not my thing really, but it used to be a regular upheaval on Aspergia, as many old hands will recall. But then it went away, and I can't help wondering if it was because I pointed out that it's not really an autistic thing?

It seems not to be an issue on aspie sites any more, which may be for the better?

Ah, so the undiagnosed guru of Aspergia is back to lecture us all on what is, and what is not, autistic!

You know, I was just corresponding with someone a minute ago, and commenting on how suicide is a fairly regular occurence on these message boards. It doesn't surprise me, considering that many with AS are excluded from forming relationships and earning a living.

Oh, but I forgot, that doesn't apply to you, so it can't possibly be true!

We're all now hanging on your every word, awaiting the sentence that contains your next paradigm-shifting proclamation...
Hello Edan! So I got it right then? I was never really sure you know?

Wistaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2008, 7:06 pm

886 wrote:
ebec11 wrote:
Reodor_Felgen wrote:

Exactly!

My fear of failing to die on an attempt is only what holds me back. Maybe I'll end up paralyzed or something.

[Bolded by me for emphasis] This is why I haven't attempted yet, I want to be decisive and certain it'll work. My family could never possibly afford the absurd hospital/therapy/etc expenses that would come from a failed attempt, and a funeral is much cheaper (hospital bills run into the five-digit numbers). Loose ends are also a problem, though I don't have very many.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 7:17 pm

I used to think about it, alot. Now, as I'm getting older, I have learned that these feeling will pass. I remind myself that that, I have only one chance, at life. I don't believe in god. My belief is that it's 'lights out', with nothing afterwards, no heaven, no re-incarnation, no nothing. That's enough to convince me to 'stick it out'. On top of that, my mother and sister, would not be able to handle my death. I told myself that, I would never do that to them. I will admit though, that it's still tempting at times but, I refuse to submit. I guess it's a good thing I'm stubborn. :wink:

Those who know, don't speak.

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 7:22 pm

Why has suicde mutated into mass public shootings here in the USA?

I was thinking very seriously about it. I priced a few shotguns. I knew if I bought one that would be going too far.

I went in begging for new pills and they sent me to the emergency room against my will. I didnt need that just new pills.

They work thank God I'm LOTS better.

I had to swallow my pride to get back on pills. I'm trying to get a friend on them . he wont kill himself but he reminds me of my Dad. WHo was just depressed so long he gave up.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Feb 2008, 7:47 pm

yes, but im necrophobic :lol: :)

necrophobic is also a very cool slayer song!