Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iddqd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2008, 3:43 am

I was Jack in The Importance of Being Earnest. Yeah, we're studying it in literature, I had to read the last part of the last act... the one which contained the most important line in the whole play. I'm surprised how well I read it out... I thought everyone thought it was crap... because as I was reading, I heard the chick next to me whispering to someone else, and I heard my name said and they were both smiling. But then after I was done, and I read out that awesome line at the end ("on the contrary, Lady Bracknell, I've now realised for the first time in my life, the vital importance of being Earnest") I did it with a surprising amount more expression than I thought was in me... the two girls were looking at me, and I asked them how I went... and they said I did it really well :? but they were whispering about me while I was reading? ... sheet, I really hate that, I can't tell if I did it well or made an ass of myself :oops:

Whispering should be illegal.

That is all.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 5:07 am

For all you know they were whispering about that cute boy in the corner. Don't let your imagination go into overdrive and start imagining the worst possible case.

iddqd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2008, 5:35 am

They said my name. And we were sitting in a circle :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 6:05 am

I also think that it should be banned. Girls used to whisper, every time that I'd walk passed them. It didn't matter who the girls were. The thing that bothered me, was that the girls who were in the Learning Centre for the same few blocks that I was alo in, did that to me, as well. No wonder I've hated High School, so much. No wonder I've spend my evenings and weekends, at home.

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 9:19 am

Whispering gives me ticks... I would rather people shout then whisper.

goybandrocks
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2008, 11:18 am

Some of my former freinds did that to me. I know how you feel. I think because their different then us, they think it's okay. And we won't notice, but we do, and it hurts.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 12:22 pm

for all you know, they were pleasantly surprised, and were admiring you. Chat 'em up...

viska
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 1:29 pm

iddqd wrote:
They said my name.

I was insinuating you were the cute boy they were talking about. :P You don't have to assume whatever they said is bad.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 2:53 pm

I find whispering pointless as it is better 2 say it in a louder voice dat way ur expressing urself.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 5:09 pm

Whispering is rude. But they did say your name, so maybe one of them is interested in you. Maybe both? :heart:

Trugen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 9:06 pm

goybandrocks wrote:
Some of my former freinds did that to me. I know how you feel. I think because their different then us, they think it's okay. And we won't notice, but we do, and it hurts.

humans are jerks

Omni: Temp
Face of Madness: Myself :twisted:

RohrbachDS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2008, 9:54 pm

I agree, when people whisper around me I would much rather they shout, even if it is something rude about me so at least I know what it was and don't think it is something worse.

Avaricejx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2008, 8:48 pm

The only thing worse is when they start giggling about something and you don't know what it is. I know its probably got nothing to do with me, but I still can't help feeling paranoid whenever that kind of thing happens, always feel like they're laughing at me.

ClosetAspy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2008, 3:48 pm

I agree, giggling is even worse. I don't like either whispering and giggling. Both are designed to exclude. I am extremely uncomfortable around people who engage in both, even if they are not talking about me, precisely because you don't know. It's sneaky; you can't defend yourself; and if you say anything, why, you are paranoid.

There are several women in the "cube farm" where I work who giggle and whisper all day long. I haven't a clue as to what they find so amusing in their section. It's probably very innocent, but still . . . Why not share with the rest of us? They may be very nice, but can I trust them? Even if I am not their target now, what is to say I won't be in the future?

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 4:23 pm

ClosetAspy wrote:
I agree, giggling is even worse. I don't like either whispering and giggling. Both are designed to exclude. I am extremely uncomfortable around people who engage in both, even if they are not talking about me, precisely because you don't know. It's sneaky; you can't defend yourself; and if you say anything, why, you are paranoid.

There are several women in the "cube farm" where I work who giggle and whisper all day long. I haven't a clue as to what they find so amusing in their section. It's probably very innocent, but still . . . Why not share with the rest of us? They may be very nice, but can I trust them? Even if I am not their target now, what is to say I won't be in the future?

Whispering campaign topic

My silly NT ex-husband thought whispering was sexy. I found it ridiculous and irritating. You are bang on ClosetAspie. It happened to me today at work. Sneaks. Jerks. No other way of explaining it.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Feb 2008, 12:03 pm

i agree, i dont like it either however if its in a song about the darkend terrian i fully support whispering :)