Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Morrissey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2008, 6:26 pm

Hi, I was told today that i'm not fitting into the office environment as I don't interact as a team player. I asked them whether they could transfer me into a different position, and maybe 'shove me up a corner and give me lots of things to do', but that didn't go down too well and they're going to ask me to leave, I came home and cried.

If there's anyone out there who wants to employ an admin/data entry/typing/anything IT type of home worker, I have a PC, coffee and the ability to concentrate for hours. I'm looking for 17k plus per annum (that's english currency), that's what I get paid now.

I don't expect a response out of this eccentric email but I feel destined for unemployment after today's shock.

I can of course forward a CV to you and we can discuss in more detail what IT skills/abilities I have.

Please get in touch, I feel like the world's caving in.

Kerry

Morrissey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2008, 6:27 pm

further to that...my email address is [email protected], please get in touch

Heron
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Mar 2008, 10:43 pm

Morrissey wrote:
Hi, I was told today that i'm not fitting into the office environment as I don't interact as a team player.

Enlightened employers welcome independent thinkers, they sort problems out.

They're not worthy of you, move on if they can't see your worth.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 12:45 pm

Consider contacting the NAS prospects service they can negotiate on your behalf. I'm not saying do it is your choice. I'm in two minds myself. I think it is very much case by case thing it would be good to hear what others think.

chrismjoyce

19 Mar 2008, 4:40 am

Morrissey wrote:
Hi, I was told today that i'm not fitting into the office environment as I don't interact as a team player. I asked them whether they could transfer me into a different position, and maybe 'shove me up a corner and give me lots of things to do', but that didn't go down too well and they're going to ask me to leave, I came home and cried.

If there's anyone out there who wants to employ an admin/data entry/typing/anything IT type of home worker, I have a PC, coffee and the ability to concentrate for hours. I'm looking for 17k plus per annum (that's english currency), that's what I get paid now.

I don't expect a response out of this eccentric email but I feel destined for unemployment after today's shock.

I can of course forward a CV to you and we can discuss in more detail what IT skills/abilities I have.

Please get in touch, I feel like the world's caving in.

Kerry

That's terrible, you should make sure they are done for discrimination! People like that who easily destroy people with AS! In the end of the day make sure they go down for discrimination its there loss. Get job hunting and prove they lost a decent worker!! !! !!

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 5:48 am

Contact these folks:
Autistic people prove valuable in software testing
I think this may have been posted elsewhere, but I think it's a great idea. Since Scotland is using it, perhaps the program is not too far away? I hurt for you; I know the feeling.

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2008, 1:18 am

When Im a boss I might hire you :D

haha...

who would be better workers than AS :P

but yea..

Think variety is good LOL so would need that :) (eg varying opinion/people eh...

"The companies found that people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders have a greater attention to detail than average, making them suitable for software testing."

cheers makes sense eh... I notice the details other miss too wow... maybe I should head done this track wow so many possibilities for us lucky ASPIES... so many ! !! !! !

Good luck finding a new job eh ! !