Are/were you a spoiled brat or a "spoiled brat"?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 1:42 pm

Despite my dad making a lot of money, we never had nice things. So no I don't consider myself spoiled. Not at all.

Sectumsempra
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

Something like this happened when I lived with my mother. I can't eat anything I don't like, and most of the food she bought made me ill, so I ate what I liked if I was hungry. She yelled at me for it, because the cereal would be gone in a week or so, she told me to stop eating so much. So I didn't eat some days. Then she would complain about me not eating, so I'd eat. And it went on in a cycle. She called me spoiled, greedy and selfish, just because of that.

byakuugan
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2011, 4:35 pm

I can say that I am "spolied because I am not spoiled"

What I mean is that most people have higher standards of living than I do. I can say that I am spoiled, because I won't use effort to improve my life. I am happy with what I have, so I am "spolied" for being lazy

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 5:08 pm

I do not consider my brothers or myself to be very spoiled. Growing up with siblings meant having to learn to share, take turns at the computer, and not fight with one another. There were consequences of not doing so, such as being sent to bed or being made to tidy up, although there were few punishments worse than being banned from playing with the Lego

If we wanted to get something, we would be expected to save up for it, although my parents would occasionally "chip in" to help out. Money was made by doing chores. Want a car? Better start saving. For my first year in college, my parents paid for food, rent, etc. but the next year when I started working, I started paying for everything myself.

LuckyLeft
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2011, 6:29 pm

I'm the oldest in the family, so no, not at all....