Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

fukai_otaku
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Oct 2005, 1:33 pm

This is something that I did in childhood, but I still do even today. Make noises! Is this part of the autism? I like to clap my hands a lot. I also humm alot when I rock. Sometimes this happens but I feel like I need to hear myself belch at times? 8O

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 6:36 pm

sometimes i feel an urge to make the same noise repeatedly ("arh, arh, arh" or "da, da, da") but not very often. more frequently, i make a clicking noise with my tongue or whistle the same note over and over again.

i also have chronic motor tic disorder and one of the involuntary things i do is make a snorting noise! :oops: i definately don't clap my hands- unless i'm expected to- i don't like it because it makes my hands tingle for ages afterwards.

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 1:13 am

I clap my hands sometimes when I'm by myself. It's like a shock, but a good one. Like saying I exist. I also do it to snap myself out of certain thought patterns.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 11:40 am

I have the urge to make a rythym on things to make noises (or drumming on things). I don't know, I've always liked doing that; I'm not sure if it's what you're talking about, though. I'm not sure if it's part of autism or not.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 6:15 pm

I like to talk(in private)just to hear the sound of my voice.I do make noises mostly "Ugh...," and "Blah" and "ah".I think it is somewhat having to do w/ autism.

-SpaceCase :)

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 8:00 pm

I make noises to myself when I'm at home. They used to be a lot quieter. When I was in high school, people would think my noises were cute, or a little bit weird. Now I yell and roar like a wild animal spontaneously. It's probably due to stress.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:07 pm

Certain sounds I find fascinating ... such as clicking my pen, drumming my fingers (although preferably my nails) on surfaces, tapping my foot ... noises such as that, though I frequently am fascinated by a certain noise one day, then a completely different noise the next.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:18 pm

I sometimes clap my hands, not in a weird way, just randomly when i'm at home by myself, or when i'm happy. Also finger clicking.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:20 pm

I like the sound of me clapping/slapping my hands together or making a popping noise with my mouth.

-SpaceCase :D

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:53 pm

Oo yes, finger clicking I like.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:44 pm

Musical_Lottie wrote:
Certain sounds I find fascinating ... such as clicking my pen, drumming my fingers (although preferably my nails) on surfaces, tapping my foot ... noises such as that, though I frequently am fascinated by a certain noise one day, then a completely different noise the next.

Ah, the pen clicking. I have had teachers take away my clicking pens and pencils for the duration of the class period because I could not stop clicking them during lecture. Yeah, and the teacher who did it more than once was well aware of my AS and the problems that it causes. :roll: One thing that prevented me from doing this constantly was drawing on my notes during class. Heh, I actually got this idea from one of my former teachers. ;) I also have a trackball mouse for my computer that has a button to scroll up and down the page, so I play with that constantly.

Edited 11:47 on 6 October 2005. Edited 1 time in total.